TR__BURAKk

Help for Republique

26 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
1,173 battles

Hello friends, Yesterday I got  Republique. My expectations were very high for this ship but I'm disappointed. I use secondary build at this ship but İ cant approching enemy ships because CVs burns me very easily and taking too much life. I am not very good player but when İ first recieve Yamato I said this super ship and i like it. Finally how  should I play this ship?  Thank you and sorry, my english is low 

build.png

build2.png

Players
1,431 posts
5,383 battles

The republique is a very situational ship, you cant tank like a Yamato. If you get too close to early you will succumb to focus fire from IFHE spammers. Since your ship is covered in 32mm armour you just melt.

It seems like you have gone for a focused secondary build, maybe change this up a bit and go for a hybrid build instead:

image.thumb.png.366c37bf8a1189f0e30c63adbd893505.png

image.thumb.png.6739c7544150efe8ad2c26c0ddc523a9.png

My hybrid build is Secondary / Main Battery focused with some more survivability mixed in. 

In battle you need to be able to perform at range and close quarters, in the beginning of the match stay back and snipe with HE on targets get fires going or use AP if you see a broadside.

Try to move with a group of people never go alone, in the middle of the match get closer and start picking off targets. Beware your nemesis is DDs, since you have no way of detecting them.

When you are close enough, my build will give you a secondary range of 10.6Km with the signal flag. Which I think is close enough for any knife fight.

Republique has good main guns put more into their survivability, reload and accuracy.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
736 posts

This is my built. Grinded the legendary with this. Workes for me. But I also like to get up close and personal, turn my ship and go 1/4 speed forward.

My secondaries cover what they can and my guns give hell.

U might say I'm the player that plays his ships wrong....but if they work for me....well. Lol

And yes, I know CE is a waste if u go up and personal, but I sometimes have to run, and being able to go stealth earlier helps.

shot-19.03.01_20.52.15-0338.jpg

shot-19.03.01_20.52.26-0775.jpg

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
736 posts
1 minute ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

no manual secondaries?

If that one was for me so, no.

I value my points a bit different and I'm speshul. :Smile_teethhappy:

I like the secondary range, and they hit alot, so I used my 4 points elsewhere.

Players
1,431 posts
5,383 battles
1 minute ago, SirAmra said:

If that one was for me so, no.

I value my points a bit different and I'm speshul. :Smile_teethhappy:

I like the secondary range, and they hit alot, so I used my 4 points elsewhere.

Its just with manual you get 60% more focus :P

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
736 posts
1 minute ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Its just with manual you get 60% more focus :P

I know. It was a battle between my "I so want to" and "mr sensible to pick", and mr sensible won. Lol

• Cool 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,367 battles

Sec build lol

Players
2 posts
1,173 battles

Thank you friends.I will consider your advice.İ think,İ will fight from distance at the beginning of the game. I'll close fight at the end of the game. I need more experience with this ship.

• Cool 1

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,488 posts
6,713 battles
13 hours ago, _DeathWing_ said:

Sec build lol

What's wrong with that?

[STARS]
Beta Tester
123 posts
13,357 battles

You need IFHE to make the best out of the secondaries. So you need to sacrifice CE, to get manual secondaries, aft and IFHE. 

Not to mention that you are skipping some other useful skills as well. 

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,532 posts
6,172 battles
On 3/2/2019 at 10:47 AM, domen3 said:

What's wrong with that?

Nothing really, it's just that if you want a secondary build Frenchie the Alsace is better IMO with more secondaries and is a bit more easier to get into secondary positions thanks to beeing less unwieldy. The 100 mm guns are pretty useless for direct damage unless you have IFHE, but with BFT and secondary flag you spit out so many shells that it becomes a massive flamethrower.

The Republique is better suited as a gun platform with skills and modules aimed towards that. It is a bit to squishy for my liking to send it into straight up brawls, and if you at any point encounter a IFHE Kurfurst (they are rare, but oh so much fun) it will eat the Republique alive with little to no issues in a secondary brawl.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,488 posts
6,713 battles
1 hour ago, ollonborre said:

Nothing really, it's just that if you want a secondary build Frenchie the Alsace is better IMO with more secondaries and is a bit more easier to get into secondary positions thanks to beeing less unwieldy. The 100 mm guns are pretty useless for direct damage unless you have IFHE, but with BFT and secondary flag you spit out so many shells that it becomes a massive flamethrower.

The Republique is better suited as a gun platform with skills and modules aimed towards that. It is a bit to squishy for my liking to send it into straight up brawls, and if you at any point encounter a IFHE Kurfurst (they are rare, but oh so much fun) it will eat the Republique alive with little to no issues in a secondary brawl.

I'm gonna have to disagree with that simply because of those 100mm guns on the alsace you mentioned. Secondaries on the republique can absolutely devastate destroyers if they get even remotely close...I've had instances where it took my secondaries only a few seconds to kill a dd.

[BGNAV]
Players
159 posts
6,095 battles
On 3/5/2019 at 11:18 PM, domen3 said:

I'm gonna have to disagree with that simply because of those 100mm guns on the alsace you mentioned. Secondaries on the republique can absolutely devastate destroyers if they get even remotely close...I've had instances where it took my secondaries only a few seconds to kill a dd.

Initially I went with a secondary build too. The secondaries do indeed smack DDs and CLs hard. Also due to the ridiculous fire chance, they also make BBQ of any BBs that you focus with them. That being said, the Republique's secondary armament is quite weak when it comes to taking hits. I used everything in my disposal to make them more durable but still - 1 salvo from Conqueror wipes out the whole side from 100mm guns. The larger ones tend to take a few hits before blowing up, but are still knocked out almost every game. There is a paradox with this:

To get into secondary range, you nee to play at 10-12km from the target. This can get you focused down if your team decides to fall back. Getting focused down means you lose both a lot of HP and secondaries. Then there is no point in being within that range anymore and skill points invested in secondaries are no longer helpful.

Overall if you can manage not to get focused by large caliber HE spammers and CVs, secondaries are great. Otherwise, they are a waste of points - go for tanky build in this case. My stats in the ship after I switched from secondary to tanky build result in lower overall PR (no longer beating the s**t out of DDs), but higher damage and survivability. I've always said that focusing DDs is really important, but with this ship I just got tired of getting killed due to pushing for secondary range. Cover helps narrow down the amount of enemies shooting me, but still the ship takes a lot of damage from everything and the secondaries get knocked out very quickly.

• Cool 1

Players
2,107 posts
7,302 battles

Tank build for this ship is best.

Tried both alot and Tank is better.  The longer you keep your fast firing, hard hitting guns firing the better.

Secondaries are doable and fun, but on a Ship with 32mm armour is counterproductive. 

• Cool 1

[YASKA]
Players
993 posts
22,440 battles

easy and very obvious logical one, this:

1) PT + PM

2) AR

3) BFT

4) Man fire control secs + IFHE + AFT

19 points

upgrades:

1) AAM1

2) DSCM1

3)SBM1

4) SGM2

....detection???...come on , ya gonna shoot with this BEAST of a ship!!!!, so ya got detected anyway, yeah????...ok....if some ship gonna IFHE ya....just sink it!!!!...just shoot it out of the water!...plain & simple!!!...ya have immense fire power (shells) + great immense secondaries...sink em!!!!!...fight!!!....with above settings ya got one of the by far most powerful ships in game...range 26 kms!!!...ehhh?????...secs 12.1 kms...ehhhhh???...yes!!!!!....go for it!!!!:cat_cool:

[YASKA]
Players
993 posts
22,440 battles
9 hours ago, Redcap375 said:

Tank build for this ship is best.

Tried both alot and Tank is better.  The longer you keep your fast firing, hard hitting guns firing the better.

Secondaries are doable and fun, but on a Ship with 32mm armour is counterproductive. 

tank build???? nahhh...look, i always liked ya (much) yr comments last 2 years were so great, i never ever disagreed, like ya much, yaskara xx, truly

but Republique (X), first time ever, I fully disagree with you: tanking???..ehhh???.....nahh instead go for shooting any enemy IFHE-spammer out of the water!!! This ship can do that! ...just blast em out of the waters!!!...do not go "tanking"????....blast them away! So great gunz 431mm!!!!!!+ great secondaries 12.1 kms range....so...if they dare goin IFHE-ing ya...blast em out of the waters!!!!!!!...i mean this ship has 92.400 health!!!....+ 4x heal, repairs!!!---> go fighting!!!....those secondaries are real mean machines!!!!...12.1 kms range!!!-----> go for 100% full secondary build!!!!!! This ship is a beast!!!!

[YASKA]
Players
993 posts
22,440 battles

...but besides that, i mean my true opinions re comments #16 + #17 (convinced about!!)...as fellow player of Redcap375, that player all should admire!!!! he/she did so many good for our great game,!!!!! for over two years already!!!.....my admire and tribute goes to Redcap375 (i always liked him, real much!!)....how to tribute him/her?, i think a song would tribute Redcap375 ( I admire him/her..oh, yes)...so what song, this one:

The Last Samurai - A Way of Life

(yt vid google yrself, easy)

...yeah, that song/sounds is the real tribute of mine to Redcap375 (he is far better player then me!, gifted player!)...my tribute to Redcap375, truly meant!.....bye, yaskara XX

[KURLA]
Players
906 posts
17,512 battles
On 3/21/2019 at 10:09 PM, Yaskaraxx said:

but Republique (X), first time ever, I fully disagree with you: tanking???..ehhh???.....nahh instead go for shooting any enemy IFHE-spammer out of the water!!! This ship can do that! ...just blast em out of the waters!!!...do not go "tanking"????....blast them away! So great gunz 431mm!!!!!!+ great secondaries 12.1 kms range....so...if they dare goin IFHE-ing ya...blast em out of the waters!!!!!!!...i mean this ship has 92.400 health!!!....+ 4x heal, repairs!!!---> go fighting!!!....those secondaries are real mean machines!!!!...12.1 kms range!!!-----> go for 100% full secondary build!!!!!! This ship is a beast!!!! 

Your Rep

My Hinden, Zao, HIV (or any frenchie), Moskva, Cleve, Salem, Worcester ect. ect. i don't care your pick.

I'm so looking forward to seeing you in random battles with that build :cap_haloween:

[WBF]
Players
198 posts
11,464 battles

There is 2 options by Republique, you make a full secondary build or a full survivor build, both is right.

Players
1,431 posts
5,383 battles
1 hour ago, Mydgard said:

There is 2 options by Republique, you make a full secondary build or a full survivor build, both is right.

You can hybridize the build between the two, as a third option.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
736 posts
1 hour ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

You can hybridize the build between the two, as a third option.

Yeah. I went a hybrid built myself. I think it works pretty nice.
  • Cool 2

[OP-B]
Beta Tester
817 posts
3,907 battles
2 minutes ago, SirAmra said:

Yeah. I went a hybrid built myself. I think it works pretty nice.

I went for a survivability build on my NA account, because that ship eats pens so badly. Without FP you burn badly in the current meta...

• Cool 1

Players
1,431 posts
5,383 battles
1 hour ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

I went for a survivability build on my NA account, because that ship eats pens so badly. Without FP you burn badly in the current meta...

FP is a waste of 4 points, I much prefer IFHE for deeper penetrations on secondary beasts.

[KURLA]
Players
906 posts
17,512 battles
2 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

FP is a waste of 4 points, I much prefer IFHE for deeper penetrations on secondary beasts.

He said he was running a tank-build.

Taking IFHE is absolutely no use if you don't spec anything else into secondaries.

• Cool 1