Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__Helmut_Kohl__

Exeter: Why is there only an "ADMIRAL PACK" ?!

56 comments in this topic

Players
2,169 posts

Only one sensible answer to that, money.

While I might even have considered bending my feeling that WG won't see another penny from me, I would probably have done so without the package, I won't buy that package and they get no money from me again.

Their marketing team really don't understand the customer base, or at least part of it. 

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,633 posts
4,753 battles

WG always knew best how o spoiltm us. Why would you buy standalone ship, when you can get FREE* stuff along with it?

*not actually free at all

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,624 battles

Think they stated in the stream yesterday that there would only be the bundle. since everybody can get if for free playing the missions.

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,524 posts
13,267 battles
Just now, hgbn_dk said:

since everybody can get if for free playing the missions.

Not if you are:

-A coop player.

-Don't have the required ship types.

-Aren't good enough to earn achievements.

The Exeter grind is created in such a way that an average working player will struggle to get the ship. This design reminds me of the old weekly missions.

The "free" Exeter isn't really free.

I wanted to buy only the ship, I already have a captain and enough of the signals etc. Now I won't spend a cent, I'm not losing anything.

• Cool 7

[TIPC]
Players
273 posts
11,413 battles

Would bought the stand alone ship(even whit the firts X-games boost crap),like that meh PEF,but a flag(or any consumable) bloated bundle?

NOPE!

I might grind it ,might not,dont care that much.

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
380 posts
10,072 battles

''Seeing as how everyone figures himself/herself/itself an armchair admiral, we hereby present a suitably priced and prestigious bundle worthy of the pedigree of our beloved players.'' -WG

*Cue Exeter: Admiral Pack*

You didn't hear this from me, OK?

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,842 posts
6,051 battles
21 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

The Exeter grind is created in such a way that an average working player will struggle to get the ship. This design reminds me of the old weekly missions.

The "free" Exeter isn't really free.

And working people have money but not much time......

[BYOB]
Players
3,524 posts
13,267 battles
4 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

And working people have money but not much time......

I work but I'm not stupid enough to overpay for a bundle.

• Cool 6

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,664 posts
2,539 battles
1 hour ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

@MrConway didn't WG state that they would offer new ships without the need to buy a big bundle ?

exeter.jpg

Usually this would hold true, but as the Exeter is also available through a mission chain for free, we decided it wasn't necessary to make a "naked" offer available for her.

If you cannot get her via the mission chain and don't want to buy one of the bundles, I'm sure you'll be able to pick her up through the Arsenal in a future update.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Players
2,982 posts
3,358 battles
21 minutes ago, MrConway said:

I'm sure you'll be able to pick her up through the Arsenal in a future update.

...I'm pretty sure as well :Smile_trollface::Smile_hiding:

[-FF-]
Players
858 posts
5,881 battles

yeah, i wanted to buy her, but when I saw there was only the admiral pack, i decided not to.

maybe I can play enough in the following month to get her with the chain missions. If I have not enough play time, well, so be it :(

[BODEM]
Players
257 posts
5,124 battles
54 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Usually this would hold true, but as the Exeter is also available through a mission chain for free, we decided it wasn't necessary to make a "naked" offer available for her.

If you cannot get her via the mission chain and don't want to buy one of the bundles, I'm sure you'll be able to pick her up through the Arsenal in a future update.

Also, as I won't buy it via a bundle, could you make the Knight of Devon missions a personal mission chain for those that did buy the Exeter bundle? As it is no use for me since the moment I can get the Exeter for free, the knight of Devon chain has expired.

[BYOB]
Players
3,524 posts
13,267 battles
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

Since the ship only shop article isn't available, I decided it wasn't necessary to support WG with my money. Keep it up, I'm saving cash to spend on other companies.

• Cool 5

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,638 posts
16,050 battles
2 hours ago, hgbn_dk said:

Think they stated in the stream yesterday that there would only be the bundle. since everybody can get if for free playing the missions.

This is correct.. Statement on stream yesterday.. It is probably going to be a Arsenal (Armory ship) for coal in the near Future.  Also stated on stream apparently. Probably just after the marathon is finished

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,134 posts
6,705 battles
33 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

yeah, i wanted to buy her, but when I saw there was only the admiral pack, i decided not to.

maybe I can play enough in the following month to get her with the chain missions. If I have not enough play time, well, so be it :(

I was tempted but then I don't need to have the 'bloatware' nor the 10 point captain.

Also what they intend to do with the GC (uptier to T6) is another reason.  Who wants to spend real money on something that WG can change whenever they want to.

• Cool 2

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,664 posts
2,539 battles
41 minutes ago, FukushuNL said:

Also, as I won't buy it via a bundle, could you make the Knight of Devon missions a personal mission chain for those that did buy the Exeter bundle? As it is no use for me since the moment I can get the Exeter for free, the knight of Devon chain has expired.

The mission chain is a bonus for people who bought one of the packages, sorry.

[HOO]
Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles

Well it's not a proper county cruiser like Norfolk so no big deal.

I had squirreled money awsy for this update but the whole thing is do much fail and "[edited]you casual players, no shiny for you!".

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
2,992 posts
7,134 battles
3 hours ago, Aragathor said:

The Exeter grind is created in such a way that an average working player will struggle to get the ship.

I had a bit of a look through the missions last night; I have to say, the overall approach is pretty poor - it's as if the whole thing was designed to be prohibitive for the vast majority of the player base.

It's only a T5, for goodness' sake; it shouldn't be *that* hard to earn.

If you're a tolerably good player, and have the relevant ships, it shouldn't be *that* hard (I'm fairly confident I can do it eventually, and I suck), but the Coop crowd are knackered due to the lack of aircraft. Why not, say, bring back Dynamo for the duration - if WG are worried about excessive AA lethality against planes, just slightly nerf the rewards for plane kills or something (not permanently)?

I bought the bundle (an extra 10 point captain is useful to me, and I doubt WG will bugger up premiums before I've got my money's worth from playing her), so I'm only doing it for the doubloons etc. but I think it sucks for the average farty in the game...

• Cool 4

[BYOB]
Players
3,524 posts
13,267 battles
10 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I had a bit of a look through the missions last night; I have to say, the overall approach is pretty poor - it's as if the whole thing was designed to be prohibitive for the vast majority of the player base.

I think it is the first step towards anti-customer changes by WG, leading them towards offering only overpriced bloated bundles in the shop and having "free" ship missions doable only by no-lifer unicums. So that they can claim that you can "earn the ship for free" if you don't want to buy the bundle. This is the proof of concept.

In effect they are the worst sales practice made flesh.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Players
279 posts
3,977 battles

I don´t found any good reason to buy this ship since it´s just an furutaka with other nation signal... Without the british CA smoke this is just ¨another ship¨, nothing special. Anyways, I bet that WG will put the simple exeter in the store when most of the people just buyed this bundle.

Players
2,169 posts
1 hour ago, FukushuNL said:

That's a deliberate (and very, very obvious, WG have no concept of subtle) enticement to buy the ship in the overpriced (for a low tier ship) bundle. That sort of behaviour drives some customers away, it doesn't encourage impulse spending.

I'm a Brit with direct connections to the Royal Navy and Exeter is iconic, but with the package only and the behaviour of WG marketing, nah.

• Cool 4