You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

[Last Chance!] Make Your Stand – Earn Exeter FREE!

86 comments in this topic

[BYOB]
Players
9 posts
11,310 battles

From what I see, you have to do more than 100 battles in noted V-VIII ships to complete all mission.

If main reward was Alaska then ok, but a tier 5 crappy ship. OMG thats out of the question.

So WG is making us skip all this grinding and buy it instead, which is also out of the question.

[-MGP-]
Players
2 posts
11,010 battles

am i missing something i only get Mann and Benson destroyers if i highlight the mission. no cruisers from any country even though i have several that should qualify no British destroyer either so my AA Atlanta appears useless for this  mission 

World of Warships 02_03_2019 14_46_51.png

Players
126 posts
4 minutes ago, filomonkey said:

am i missing something i only get Mann and Benson destroyers if i highlight the mission. no cruisers from any country even though i have several that should qualify no British destroyer either so my AA Atlanta appears useless for this  mission 

World of Warships 02_03_2019 14_46_51.png

nope, just broken filter i guess.

try baltimore and you`ll see.. it works

• Cool 1

[BOBS3]
Players
965 posts
16,956 battles
17 minutes ago, Perdita_Olio said:

I've reached the first combat mission.

When will the Exeter be delivered in my caroussel?

Or do I miss something?

Yes the Second, Third and Fourth Combat Missions in the next three weeks

Sorry

Players
126 posts
6 hours ago, Perdita_Olio said:

I've reached the first combat mission.

When will the Exeter be delivered in my caroussel?

Or do I miss something?

I had a good laugh.

Did you read the missions description ?

Wait till you get to the 4th, thats the tricky one.

[LUSOS]
Players
276 posts
16,569 battles
On 3/1/2019 at 3:28 PM, Cambera_1 said:

It actually says:-

Deal 100,000 fire damage to enemy ships over any number of battles
Ship restrictions: UK Tier VI-VIII battleships, cruisers, or destroyers
Available battle modes: Random, Co-op, and Ranked Battles.

RN DDs & BBs both have HE. CLs also have Secondaries that fire HE and can set fires (Granted highly unlikely to deal much damage) and as I posted earlier Exeter has HE (but is actually excluded from this by being Tier V not VI - VIII)

It does seem a little restricted in scope to be able to earn a nice, but not spectacular, T5 cruiser.

I know what it says.
I'm just pointing the fact that british cruisers and fire damage aren't an obvious mix - 6% chance on secondaries, 5,3 km range and 3x2 102 mm on each side?

Lol, anyone getting that close is already flooding from torps or watching the british cruiser sink :)

Players
385 posts

My two cents on the topic...

My first thought was „yay, get a nice premium for free“ (cheers to the mammalian reflex );-> ). Today I finished the first chain, for the lulz i did the first part in coop. 30 bot float planes down in a week of severe grind XD. The best rate I got in a Nicholas btw., which I thought was hillarious (2-5/battle). 1-2 and 1-3 were rather easy imo. Then i checked again what‘s still ahead aaaand then i remembered what i got after grinding my way towards the free P.E.F. ...  wondering if I feel like humiliating myself like that again. 

Considering the choice to continue this evil grind or throw money at the screen when I get frustrated enough or just go back to having fun, choosing when and what ship I play the choice was rather easy. 

No. Buggering. Way. 

Don‘t get me wrong, I threw money at the new year‘s containers and had a lot of fun and all in all it was a nice discount compared to buying the ships, signal flags, camos etc. i got from the containers. Plus getting a lot of ships not on sale, plus feeding the mammal with instant gratifications. Not for everyone, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. :)

And there probably are people who will enjoy the grind for the Exeter. 

So whatever your choice I wish you the best of luck and a shipload of fun whatever it is, but count me out. Thanks, but no thanks.

End of rant. Good night and good hunting.

edit: P.S. ok... just tried the P.E.F. again and she wasn't as bad as i remembered. So i'll maybe have to put that into a new perspective ;) ...Still not going for the full Exeter grind though.

P.P.S ..meaning i won't put any effort in the Exeter missions.... should i, by chance, get her i won't refuse. Of course XD 

• Funny 1

[WOTN]
Beta Tester
420 posts
6,617 battles
On 3/1/2019 at 1:02 PM, The_EURL_Guy said:

Take on the missions of Java Sea throughout March for a free new Premium ship!

Read it on the portal

Quick head's up:

There are two links to the Exeter's Last Stand missions on the EU website, and they indicate different requirements for part 4-3:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/sales-and-deals/java-sea-exeter/

"Destroy 3 enemy ships in a single battle".

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/sales-and-deals/march-missions-2019/

"Over any number of battles; sink 3 enemy ships".

[BOBS3]
Players
965 posts
16,956 battles
22 minutes ago, th3freakie said:

Quick head's up:

There are two links to the Exeter's Last Stand missions on the EU website, and they indicate different requirements for part 4-3:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/sales-and-deals/java-sea-exeter/

"Destroy 3 enemy ships in a single battle".

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/sales-and-deals/march-missions-2019/

"Over any number of battles; sink 3 enemy ships".

Not spotted that.

It will interesting to see what turns up a week on Friday!

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
270 posts
10,467 battles

Grind gets harder with each block of missions and it simply makes it not worth it. I'll still try until it gets too frustrating.

[WOTN]
Beta Tester
420 posts
6,617 battles
On 3/11/2019 at 7:22 PM, Cambera_1 said:

Not spotted that.

It will interesting to see what turns up a week on Friday!

Reddit indicates that CIS and ASIA servers indicate 3 kills over any number of battles, so it is probably that one. Still, WG-EU should correct this before the missions go live.

• Cool 1

[76ER]
Players
7 posts
14,784 battles

Managed to do each complete lot in 1 to 2 days no hassle. Found the Nelson excellent for the fire mission, fiji for the torpedo mission & the 1000 main battery hits. Often get 3 kills in a single battle with the Nelson in co op too. but that 7 achievement in co op is printed so they should have to honor it. You can't withdraw something after offering it as is

• Cool 1

Players
1,014 posts
On 3/12/2019 at 11:07 AM, Sugertukas said:

Grind gets harder with each block of missions and it simply makes it not worth it. I'll still try until it gets too frustrating.

Might as well get the Perth instead if willing to pay for a premium ship. It's commonwealth, so can carry the UK flags. It's one tier higher with faster firing HE guns and has a smoke screen also. Nuff said...

[76ER]
Players
7 posts
14,784 battles

Looks like the exeter last stand news has been removed, all links now show 404 error. i have a screen shot of the original offer for the way to earn the ship. I can only assume the conditions are going to change for the final parts. I specifically took these as a precaution against such a thing happening covertly. There is still one link active to the original offer https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/sales-and-events/march-missions-2019/

ScreenShot056.jpg

ScreenShot057.jpg

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,255 posts
18,318 battles
1 hour ago, Anoniemouse said:

Looks like the exeter last stand news has been removed, all links now show 404 error. i have a screen shot of the original offer for the way to earn the ship. I can only assume the conditions are going to change for the final parts. I specifically took these as a precaution against such a thing happening covertly. There is still one link active to the original offer https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/sales-and-events/march-missions-2019/

ScreenShot056.jpg

ScreenShot057.jpg

Hold your panties, this link works:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/sales-and-events/java-sea-exeter/

• Cool 1

[BOBS3]
Players
965 posts
16,956 battles
2 hours ago, Anoniemouse said:

23 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Unfortunately there STILL is a discrepancy between those two pages for stage 4.3 Kill three ships.

Pity - but we get to find out exactly on Friday if it is "Destroy 3 enemy ships in a single battle" or "Over any number of battles; sink 3 enemy ships"

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,255 posts
18,318 battles
8 minutes ago, Cambera_1 said:

Unfortunately there STILL is a discrepancy between those two pages for stage 4.3 Kill three ships.

Pity - but we get to find out exactly on Friday if it is "Destroy 3 enemy ships in a single battle" or "Over any number of battles; sink 3 enemy ships"

It will be in "one battle sink 3 ships". No way WG will make that part as easy as 3 kills over any amount of battles.

• Cool 1

[BOBS3]
Players
965 posts
16,956 battles
1 minute ago, Aragathor said:

It will be in "one battle sink 3 ships". No way WG will make that part as easy as 3 kills over any amount of battles.

You are right of course, but 7 achievements is going to be challenging for some of us. At least kill "three in one" isn't difficult, particularly if it isn't a one time chance - fluff it and that's it, you had your chance!

(Delete that - I don't want to give WG ideas!)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-LSF-]
Beta Tester
4 posts
5,978 battles

Don't know which will be more difficult - the three in one, or the 20 Hits to Citadel.

Just wish the tasks could have run together rather than one at a time.

[UK-RN]
Beta Tester
449 posts
9,206 battles

I particularly dislike any mission that fundamentally alters the way a player approaches the game. The 3 kills in one match will alter the way people play as it will result in more sniping and people holding fire to try and secure kills. It was the same with the old santa convoy mission for the Nachi. kill 15 USSR ships. No one sailed USSR ships for the whole holiday period! I would like to see some better mission design WG. I think in this instance, it would have been better and fairer to have had fewer missions with a higher target. I have no problem with the earn XP/Base XP/Commander XP missions as they are a fair and easy thing to achieve. The shoot planes mission was totally dependent on if CVs are in the queue. The 3 kills in one battle mission will see everyone play a selfish kill securing game. And the 7 achievements mission is a bit random too.

I feel this could have been approached a whole lot better, especially as the Exeter is mediocre at best from what my clan mates tell me

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,255 posts
18,318 battles
1 hour ago, Rothesian said:

Don't know which will be more difficult - the three in one, or the 20 Hits to Citadel.

Just wish the tasks could have run together rather than one at a time.

Neither if you bother with coop. If you have a good British premium like Cossack, Nelson, or Belfast you should be able to get the 3-in-1 in a few short games. Then you just switch to Fiji and get the citadels.

It's the 7 achievements that will be tricky.

Beta Tester
3 posts
9,284 battles

After the first block of frustration I for myself have decided not to bother anymore, it's simply not worth investing so much time in a mid tier ship, even if it's "free" i value my spare time high and with this kind of grind i cannot speak of "free" anymore......

[76ER]
Players
7 posts
14,784 battles

Still trying to fathom how you get achievments in co-op as it clearly states that you can do this mission in Random Co-op & ranked battles. Just seen in the fly strike win it also states earn 1 achievment in Random co-op & ranked battles.

[BOBS3]
Players
965 posts
16,956 battles
1 hour ago, Anoniemouse said:

Still trying to fathom how you get achievments in co-op as it clearly states that you can do this mission in Random Co-op & ranked battles. Just seen in the fly strike win it also states earn 1 achievment in Random co-op & ranked battles.

Basically - you can't :Smile_hiding:

Sorry...