Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

[Last Chance!] Make Your Stand – Earn Exeter FREE!

86 comments in this topic

[WCWVE]
Players
871 posts
13,292 battles

How is one supposed to do this when one can not even get online because the servers are down yet again 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

[LUSOS]
[LUSOS]
Players
51 posts
10,033 battles

I like the part where you're given the opportunity to set 100 fires with british cruisers, seems rather easy ;)

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[WWGU]
Players
468 posts
8,216 battles
6 minutes ago, powerverde said:

I like the part where you're given the opportunity to set 100 fires with british cruisers, seems rather easy ;)

That's why they want you to buy an Exeter :) Simples!!

• Cool 2

[WWGU]
Players
468 posts
8,216 battles
57 minutes ago, powerverde said:

It actually says:-

Deal 100,000 fire damage to enemy ships over any number of battles
Ship restrictions: UK Tier VI-VIII battleships, cruisers, or destroyers
Available battle modes: Random, Co-op, and Ranked Battles.

RN DDs & BBs both have HE. CLs also have Secondaries that fire HE and can set fires (Granted highly unlikely to deal much damage) and as I posted earlier Exeter has HE (but is actually excluded from this by being Tier V not VI - VIII)

It does seem a little restricted in scope to be able to earn a nice, but not spectacular, T5 cruiser.

[EUR]
Players
370 posts
4,103 battles

I dont have UK ships, I sold them / :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

Players
19 posts

Lets hope this mission chain does not have some insane final requirement

EDIT: Ah i found the hard part already, actually getting those 30 plane kills! There are almost no CV's playing and when they do they avoid anything with even decent AA like the plague. This problem would be a lot smaller if not nonexistant if bots in co-op could still use CV's but no that as too difficult to program apparently.

• Cool 1

Players
1,647 posts
12,173 battles

Others have already pointed out how it is a bit frustrating to not even be able to get started on any of the quicker missions until you have shot down 30 planes with British cruisers and destroyers, since you are largely at the mercy of the matchmaker etc.

I'd like to point out there is an extra dimension of needless frustration in the fact that the upper tier limit for this mission is not X as per usual but VIII, for which I really can't see any good reason at all. In addition to the RNG and MM poker inherent in the mission requirement, this also forces players to keep playing the lower tier cruisers long since unlocked instead of continuing their high tier grinds.

Personally, I can't even use the best ship of the line in my possession, Fiji, because I of course transferred her Jack Dunkirk commander to my top ship of the line, Neptune. So that leaves only unfortunate and frustrating choices: 1) use the 3-point reserve commander transferred to Fiji just for the sake of snowflaking; 2) blow tons of Elite commander XP on that 3-pt commander when I need it far more urgently on other personnel; 3) waste credits and time on the transfer plus retraining of a better commander, and I can't even train him on another British premium cruiser because the whole point of the exercise is not having to buy Exeter; 4) waste doubloons on the transfer of a better commander; or 5) use ships other than Fiji for this grind.

I'll save us all the sarcasm here but suffice it to say my original choice of adjective was a bit stronger than "unfortunate" and "frustrating".

If you could at least use BBs, then it would be possible to do a few "Fly, Strike, Win"-Missions at the same time, But noooo... All just to milk our playing time for the sake of keeping the server populated. I am sorely tempted to skip all this entirely and revisit my more productive hobbies for a few weeks at this point.

Players
1,647 posts
12,173 battles
Vor 55 Minuten, CallicoJackRackham sagte:

Lets hope this mission chain does not have some insane final requirement

Why hope when it is so easy to look them up? They are all in the news bulletin linked in the first posting of the thread.

[T_I_W]
Players
161 posts
10,220 battles
54 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

there is an extra dimension of needless frustration in the fact that the upper tier limit for this mission is not X as per usual but VIII, for which I really can't see any good reason at all. In addition to the RNG and MM poker inherent in the mission requirement, this also forces players to keep playing the lower tier cruisers lonmg since unlocked instead of continuing their high tier grinds.

Exactly this, combined with the fact they nerfed CV so hard that there are almost no mid tier CVs playing anymore, its really a horrible mission design.

Maybe if they had coop bots playing cv we could do it there but nooooo.......

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
25 posts
7,083 battles
Hi, i spend far to long trying to get plane kills today in my AA cruisers before i found the right ship for the mission.
Play in US DDs if you have them. I got more plane kills in 2 games in them than in the 10 games before. Since CVs actually go for you if you are in a dd instead of avoiding you.
The last game was the first and probably last time i was happy that a CV focused me while i was in a dd.
So save yourself time and play dd to get those planes.

Beta Tester
107 posts
7,416 battles

I have zero progress at stage 1 and it probably end up the same at the end of the month - WG hasn't put a shred of though into this

[SM0KE]
Players
2,992 posts
7,134 battles

I rather feel the need to express sympathy for the Coop mains too - it's simply impossible to do this chain without playing randoms (no planes to speak of in Coop/Ops at the moment, and you need to play randoms to get the achievements called for later in the chain)...

• Cool 1

[ASEET]
[ASEET]
Alpha Tester
243 posts
13,689 battles

As others have pointed out, having "shoot down 30 planes" is stupid mission.

Not only that you make you to get to battle with carrier, but even when you manage to get such battle you can't force planes to come near you. This alone is a bad design, but combining it to quite strict restriction on tiers (around half usable) on classes (half usable) and on top of that on nations (2 out of 7) is just going beyond normal bad design.

Do damage, potential damage, make fires etc. missions at least can progress on every battle, but shoot down missions can go for long times with no possibility of doing anything. At that with restricted ships that might not fit to ships you would otherwise play.

WG, please do not use this type of mission temp plate ever again. 

Players
10 posts
12,024 battles

Why is this info only given after I spend the 30 euro on the ship yesterday?

I dont need doubloons i have enough. Dont need the flags dont need the 10 point captain. So far I got all the free ships and the Missouri Mushahi Alaska kronstadt and Nelson.

Come on WG this is not so cool!

[TA-PT]
Players
1 post
4,791 battles

Why the T6 US Cruiser Pensacola can't be used for the "Exeter Last Stand pt1" ????

It says "No ships match the criteria" even with a Pensacola on my dock,

Players
6 posts
6 battles

I have 4 British DDs and 1 American CL fits the first mission, yet i can't use none of them, because game says "No ships match the criteria". Kidding?

[_CSR_]
Players
32 posts
4,587 battles
9 hours ago, Victorbart said:

Why is this info only given after I spend the 30 euro on the ship yesterday?

I dont need doubloons i have enough. Dont need the flags dont need the 10 point captain. So far I got all the free ships and the Missouri Mushahi Alaska kronstadt and Nelson.

Come on WG this is not so cool!

Info was out since the 27-28th thou.

Whats uncool is that last part of the chain starts 22nd March and missions that can be done only in Exeter end 22nd March(and without those you cant actually get the T8 CV from fly strike)...

• Cool 1

[GLOBS]
[GLOBS]
Players
103 posts
10,532 battles
17 hours ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Others have already pointed out how it is a bit frustrating to not even be able to get started on any of the quicker missions until you have shot down 30 planes with British cruisers and destroyers, since you are largely at the mercy of the matchmaker etc.

I'd like to point out there is an extra dimension of needless frustration in the fact that the upper tier limit for this mission is not X as per usual but VIII, for which I really can't see any good reason at all. In addition to the RNG and MM poker inherent in the mission requirement, this also forces players to keep playing the lower tier cruisers long since unlocked instead of continuing their high tier grinds.

Personally, I can't even use the best ship of the line in my possession, Fiji, because I of course transferred her Jack Dunkirk commander to my top ship of the line, Neptune. So that leaves only unfortunate and frustrating choices: 1) use the 3-point reserve commander transferred to Fiji just for the sake of snowflaking; 2) blow tons of Elite commander XP on that 3-pt commander when I need it far more urgently on other personnel; 3) waste credits and time on the transfer plus retraining of a better commander, and I can't even train him on another British premium cruiser because the whole point of the exercise is not having to buy Exeter; 4) waste doubloons on the transfer of a better commander; or 5) use ships other than Fiji for this grind.

I'll save us all the sarcasm here but suffice it to say my original choice of adjective was a bit stronger than "unfortunate" and "frustrating".

If you could at least use BBs, then it would be possible to do a few "Fly, Strike, Win"-Missions at the same time, But noooo... All just to milk our playing time for the sake of keeping the server populated. I am sorely tempted to skip all this entirely and revisit my more productive hobbies for a few weeks at this point.

you read it as I did .. the US ,UK or  commonwealth  DD's or CLs its the first bit I over looked ... US . .  so Spamlanta is OK .. I did it in the Belfast and Leander . but you can use American ships too .. as for the CV problem .. Div up with a buddy in a CV .. Good Luck Captain 

[GLOBS]
[GLOBS]
Players
103 posts
10,532 battles
12 minutes ago, sin099 said:

Info was out since the 27-28th thou.

Whats uncool is that last part of the chain starts 22nd March and missions that can be done only in Exeter end 22nd March(and without those you cant actually get the T8 CV from fly strike)...

I just realised this too ... @MrConway when earning HMS Exeter the last mission Starts on 22nd March ... The Knight Of Devon Mission Ends on 22nd March  . . there is NO way us lowly Captains who Grind our butts off  can do this mission .. and we Need the mission to access the RN CV HMS Implacable .. Please Please  WG do someting  so we have at least  a week with the Knight Of Devon mission .. maybe let us start the next mission when we have completed the one before ?? so it is a rolling mission ??

[GEUS]
Players
15 posts
10,313 battles
43 minutes ago, gmomkey said:

you read it as I did .. the US ,UK or  commonwealth  DD's or CLs its the first bit I over looked ... US . .  so Spamlanta is OK .. I did it in the Belfast and Leander . but you can use American ships too .. as for the CV problem .. Div up with a buddy in a CV .. Good Luck Captain 

The majority of my friends/clanmates (like myself) did sell their CV's as of result of patch 0.8.0. So your story is not gonna help me much.........

[SOLO_]
Players
44 posts
15,744 battles

i need to learn to read ,:cap_look:

Edited by horror11
learn to read properly
  • Funny 1

[GLOBS]
[GLOBS]
Players
103 posts
10,532 battles
5 minutes ago, VenividiviciNL said:

The majority of my friends/clanmates (like myself) did sell their CV's as of result of patch 0.8.0. So your story is not gonna help me much.........

yeah mine also  .. I often get a double CV game at tier 6 ... so I am keeping my fingers crossed for you Captain .. :Smile_honoring: