Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aotearas

Loading sound effect

23 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
8,144 posts
10,647 battles

Since I just recorded it to show exactly what sound effect I mean I figured I might aswell open a dedicated topic in this forum section where it hopefully gets read by someone who can make a difference:

Can we please get a way to tone that effect down without having to use the general volume slider to also mute everything else in turn?

I haven't found any audio volume slider other than general volume that effects this sound effect and hearing it every time the game finished loading something gets really annoying really fast.

• Cool 5

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,160 battles

Honestly, as annoying as this is I’d say this is one of the lesser problems with audio I had yesterday evening. Absolutely ridiculous

[SKIDZ]
Beta Tester
174 posts
7,510 battles

I too think it's unnecessary and would like to turn it off, but you can't do that.

[-ID-]
Players
7 posts

Hello,

Thank you @Aotearas for this thread! I have been searching for it yesterday to see whether somebody else encountered this terrible issue. The problem is, this sound is played 3 times when you want to enter a battle :cap_horn:

I took a very short clip of 1 sound. But it happens a) when you join the waiting queue, b) when you enter a match (cf. above) and c) when you enter the actual battle and see your ship.

Where can I disable this gong/explosion-like sound?

• Cool 2

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
727 posts
5,524 battles

Since 8.1. a lot of impact sounds are haywired. It sounds like throwing trash bins, bowling balls and Bruce Lee doing KungFu kicks.

It sounds similar to the dustbin collectors, tipping the wheelie bins into their lorry.

Playing the game now always makes me think of working at the recycling center.

At least the random 1 second full blast chainsaw is gone currently, a real audio shocker.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[B_S_C]
[B_S_C]
Beta Tester
39 posts
9,894 battles

Yup why have a simple, clear, non bass driven sound when you can have an irritating, loud, overly bass driven piece of garbage.  Have to annoy the hell out of the players for no reason.

Then again since they've completely messed up the whole sound scheme of the game the sound team having questionable taste is the least of the worries.

• Funny 1

[-ID-]
Players
7 posts

@Winged_Cat_Dormant it may sound nice to some people but it does not to others. Like many things in life, it is a matter of taste.

It would be appreciated if there was at least an option to disable that sound if people dislike it...

• Cool 1

[TRRC]
Players
566 posts

Guys, this is just the top of iceberg of the problem with high volume SFX that we can't control. But they do not care at all. May be they're all deaf...

More than an year ago, I suggested in a Public Test to introduce a slider for the louder sfx like explosions and so on.

A year later developers changed the audio settings interface without any care of player's ears, and worst, introduced this bug of loud "clang" fx, planes noise that sometimes get their volume doubled when they're attacking your ships, and so on and on and on.

I suggest them to fix, but if they do not change that, they'll gonna have huge problem with EU regulators. They do not understand that they way it is they're damaging people's, kid's ears. Sooner or later someone will denounce them. And they're gonna spend thousands of euros in trials...

But one thing they really care of: Destroyer's players complaining about rocket missiles and in few days they've done Hotfix 1, Hotfix 2, Hotfix 3...

Damaging player's ears? a secondary problem...

• Cool 1

[B_S_C]
[B_S_C]
Beta Tester
39 posts
9,894 battles
43 minutes ago, RedAnark said:

Guys, this is just the top of iceberg of the problem with high volume SFX that we can't control. But they do not care at all. May be they're all deaf...

More than an year ago, I suggested in a Public Test to introduce a slider for the louder sfx like explosions and so on.

A year later developers changed the audio settings interface without any care of player's ears, and worst, introduced this bug of loud "clang" fx, planes noise that sometimes get their volume doubled when they're attacking your ships, and so on and on and on.

I suggest them to fix, but if they do not change that, they'll gonna have huge problem with EU regulators. They do not understand that they way it is they're damaging people's, kid's ears. Sooner or later someone will denounce them. And they're gonna spend thousands of euros in trials...

But one thing they really care of: Destroyer's players complaining about rocket missiles and in few days they've done Hotfix 1, Hotfix 2, Hotfix 3...

Quantity over quality is how this game is developed.  Throw lots of stuff in fast without a real testing regime and hope some of it works.

Edit: Another audio "highlight" is the end of battle guitar riff which sounds so bad it would have been out of place in a game from 20 years ago.  One of the office staff must have a guitar and just thought they'd throw it in.

[EUR]
Players
370 posts
4,103 battles

It logged me out mid game, came back due to miraculous machinery, i paid an arm and a leg for, fought like mad only to lose cuz in the crucial moment i went from 66 fps to 11 and couldnt even aim! :cap_horn::fish_viking: I am mad af rn:Smile_izmena:

Players
1,390 posts
5,306 battles

A simple fix for this would be to find out the names and locations of these annoying sound files and replace them with a sound mod that removes them from the game.

Beta Tester
8 posts
7,166 battles

This new sound affect is annoying beyond belief..I mean who actually thought putting this in was a good idea..and for what purpose..also the echoe sound affects in zoomed in mode are rubbish.dont try to fix what isnt broken!!

[PEC]
Players
333 posts
1,752 battles

I can't seem to find a balance between ambient noise and engine noise. If I turn them down the voiceovers are too loud, if I turn them off I feel like I'm missing information.

Also, I've noticed that both friendly and enemy aircraft attack runs seem REALLY pronounced, like even miles away? I keep nudging my knickers in a DD thinking there's a plane attacking me that I haven't seen only to find it's a friendly dive bomber 5km away!!

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
6 posts
7,933 battles

Agere guys, the sound/audio is messed up. If I`m in a BB and cruuiers start pouring on  me its like being inside a trashcan in a brickstorm. I cant turn sounds I need up withouit getting a shitload of unwanted sounds to the same level. Its really affecting the gameingexperience :-(

• Cool 2

Players
3,477 posts
8,165 battles
On 3/1/2019 at 5:31 PM, Anriandor said:

Hello,

Thank you @Aotearas for this thread! I have been searching for it yesterday to see whether somebody else encountered this terrible issue. The problem is, this sound is played 3 times when you want to enter a battle :cap_horn:

I took a very short clip of 1 sound. But it happens a) when you join the waiting queue, b) when you enter a match (cf. above) and c) when you enter the actual battle and see your ship.

Where can I disable this gong/explosion-like sound?

On 3/1/2019 at 7:03 PM, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

How nice to see it's not only me!

On 3/1/2019 at 7:22 PM, AirSupremacy said:

Since 8.1. a lot of impact sounds are haywired. It sounds like throwing trash bins, bowling balls and Bruce Lee doing KungFu kicks.

It sounds similar to the dustbin collectors, tipping the wheelie bins into their lorry.

Playing the game now always makes me think of working at the recycling center.

At least the random 1 second full blast chainsaw is gone currently, a real audio shocker.

On 3/2/2019 at 11:23 AM, vereybowring said:

Yup why have a simple, clear, non bass driven sound when you can have an irritating, loud, overly bass driven piece of garbage.  Have to annoy the hell out of the players for no reason.

Then again since they've completely messed up the whole sound scheme of the game the sound team having questionable taste is the least of the worries.

On 3/2/2019 at 8:26 PM, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

IT SOUNDS EPIC NOW WITH EPIC SOUNDS!!!

On 3/3/2019 at 1:24 AM, AirSupremacy said:

I hope the described sound bugs get fixed

On 3/3/2019 at 2:15 AM, RedAnark said:

On 3/3/2019 at 3:23 AM, lossi_2018 said:

It logged me out mid game, came back due to miraculous machinery, i paid an arm and a leg for, fought like mad only to lose cuz in the crucial moment i went from 66 fps to 11 and couldnt even aim! :cap_horn::fish_viking: I am mad af rn:Smile_izmena:

23 hours ago, S_c_o_r_p_i_o_n said:

This new sound affect is annoying beyond belief..I mean who actually thought putting this in was a good idea..and for what purpose..also the echoe sound affects in zoomed in mode are rubbish.dont try to fix what isnt broken!!

21 hours ago, WynnZeroOne said:

I can't seem to find a balance between ambient noise and engine noise. If I turn them down the voiceovers are too loud, if I turn them off I feel like I'm missing information.

Also, I've noticed that both friendly and enemy aircraft attack runs seem REALLY pronounced, like even miles away? I keep nudging my knickers in a DD thinking there's a plane attacking me that I haven't seen only to find it's a friendly dive bomber 5km away!!

20 hours ago, metallian1308 said:

Agere guys, the sound/audio is messed up. If I`m in a BB and cruuiers start pouring on  me its like being inside a trashcan in a brickstorm. I cant turn sounds I need up withouit getting a shitload of unwanted sounds to the same level. Its really affecting the gameingexperience :-(

15 hours ago, AirSupremacy said:

This trashcan recycling center impact crash sound = :-(

Just for clarity, you guys using the low quality or high or ultra sound quality?

[EUR]
Players
370 posts
4,103 battles
2 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Just for clarity, you guys using the low quality or high or ultra sound quality?

both, mostly low

[-ID-]
Players
7 posts

@NothingButTheRain I am using the low-quality sound by the looks of it. I have switched it to high, maybe I notice a difference.

Edit: After testing with supposedly "better" settings, I merely noticed that there are even more annoying sounds, including but not limited to music in the port after a battle, even though I muted all kinds of music. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Anriandor
Added Information.