Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Beastofwar

When is the CV nerfing going to end ??

70 comments in this topic

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,850 posts
6,054 battles

I really liked the rework when it was released after some adapting to it. But then came nerfs that limited what we had gotten. And more nerfs limiting it even more. And more nerfs that were even worse then before. And now, another extreme nerf.

Im sure i can get after some more adapting to these imposed limiting nerfs get to average ship damage. To WG that propapbly means the class is well balanced. But the way they did this has all but completely broken CV gameplay.

HOW CAN YOU ENJOY A GAME WHEN FIGHTING AGAINST AIMING YOUR WEAPON ????  HOW CAN YOU ENJOY A GAME WITH YOUR WEAPON REFUSING TO FIRE ????

And if a player with  (long) experience in CV gameplay already struggles like this, what the hell must it be like for someone beginning to play this class ???? I truely think you did not do the right thing here. Unless there is someting to it.

Is there some plan to this ? Are these temporary nerfs meant to keep CV in check untill well after the full release of the UK CV when use will normilize to low numbers again ?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
381 posts
10,098 battles

Am I missing something in the patchnotes? I actually only saw mino got it's AA range nerfed.

What 'extreme' CV nerf are you referring to exactly? 

I mean, Alaska has good AA, but... :Smile_trollface:

I'm guessing you're still on about the rockets.

• Cool 3

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,160 battles
1 hour ago, Beastofwar said:

And now, another extreme nerf.

Hmm? Care to share this mystery nerf with us aswell?

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,850 posts
6,054 battles
56 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

Am I missing something in the patchnotes? I actually only saw mino got it's AA range nerfed.

What 'extreme' CV nerf are you referring to exactly? 

I mean, Alaska has good AA, but... :Smile_trollface:

I'm guessing you're still on about the rockets.

No now torpedo aiming too has become even more impossible if you are dealing with skilled players/enhanced evading ships. Any correction after starting the attack has your aiming wide as a barn door making you miss and your planes explode of AA without damage/credit XP returns. Basicly your are turned into the automatic drop RTS controlled torpedo planes, but WITHOUT their torpedo wall of 5-6 torpedo's to make up for the wrong vector/evading ships.

Before this update i already missed nearly all torpedo's launched at a german BB not sure anymore what specific type. These were aimed very steady and should have hit. The guy admitted he was using rudder enhancement and ofcourse had skill.  NOW i can't even aim steady !! And i see my damage/income sink even more.

You can easily laugh that off with that i suck in a CV but i did not. When using other ships i get 100K credits for even losing with mediocre perfomance. In CV that would be - 40 K to -60 K for Tier VIII.

Players
4 posts
559 battles

The new flooding mechanic is a huge nerf to CVs. Especially for Midway, who is dependent on dots for causing damage. The alpha damage of Midway's torps is anemic at best and dive bombers get shredded easily.

I was fine with all three hotfixes of patch 0.8.0, it became more difficult, but I noticed with 0.8.1 a huge drop of done damage.

Looking very much forward for hotfixing the overlapping AA auras and I hope that flooding chance of Midway torps will turned back to the old level before hotfix 0.8.0.3 - this could help with the new flooding mechanic.

Players
2,063 posts
7,265 battles

Hotfix this, hotfix that, patch this and patch that.

They cant balance a cup of coffee and never will regarding CV's.  

I couldn't even care if i get hit with a torp in a BB as it's pathetic (if i ever do get hit with all the AA and WASD anyway), what does that tell you about CV's? 

But hey, you guys that still play CV's just continue to do so..What-ever you think is fun and entertaining. 

• Cool 5

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,850 posts
6,054 battles

I don't even come to frustration about weapons damage because it is rediculously hard to already make them hit in the first place.

Only after wapeons do hit one can complain about damage. But indeed that is nerfed too. The sum of that is utter unenjoyable gameplay. And getting but a  fraction of the credits and XP reward other ships get for the same ( mediocre ) damage.

[CMP]
Beta Tester
10 posts
4,324 battles

I think he's right. All these "fixes" are breaking more than they fix. CV at it's current state is broken that's why there's no one playing them anymore. 

• Cool 3

[HOO]
Players
36 posts
2,782 battles

I agree, the weapons are bad to use, rockets were good before (arguably too strong against DDs maybe), now they are so useless that I had better results using torps against DDs. Bombers would actually be more effective if they could kamikaze into the ship targeted after going up. And Torpedo are meh, so slow, hard to aim, and they hit with so [edited]low damage that it isn't interesting. I only play Enterprise, but I might sell her just before the end of the refund period if it doesn't improve. 

• Funny 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,160 battles
3 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

now torpedo aiming too has become even more impossible

Except that there were no changes for this in 0.8.1 so it’s identical to how it was in 0.8.0.3

2 hours ago, Sethirod said:

The new flooding mechanic is a huge nerf to CVs. Especially for Midway, who is dependent on dots for causing damage. 

Yes, your practically nonexistant flood chance will now set shorter duration but actually sticking floods. What a nerf :fish_palm:

• Cool 1

Players
1,145 posts
8,615 battles
5 hours ago, taffelost said:

I think he's right. All these "fixes" are breaking more than they fix. CV at it's current state is broken that's why there's no one playing them anymore. 

CV's were apparently broken before 8.0..after 8.0 the CV's become Gods pissing off the other 90% of players.

Many stop playing, even more stop spending... if you think WG is still going to pander to the 10% over the 90% well you're living in Cuckoo Land.

WG needs revenue so CV's have to take the hit...just like everyone else did in 8.0...and you whine..that's so funny.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
727 posts
5,529 battles
7 hours ago, Sethirod said:

The new flooding mechanic is a huge nerf to CVs. Especially for Midway, who is dependent on dots for causing damage. The alpha damage of Midway's torps is anemic at best and dive bombers get shredded easily.

I was fine with all three hotfixes of patch 0.8.0, it became more difficult, but I noticed with 0.8.1 a huge drop of done damage.

Looking very much forward for hotfixing the overlapping AA auras and I hope that flooding chance of Midway torps will turned back to the old level before hotfix 0.8.0.3 - this could help with the new flooding mechanic.

Mhhh, I find torps great for nearby BB`s, a nice broadside of 4-6 torps impacts is always fun - At least for me :D

For anything else a bit further away, pyromaniac is more efficient and goes faster.

A flood & fire combo works well.

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,850 posts
6,054 battles

Operating the tier IV UK CV i find those rocket planes have no fire delay and are pleseant to use. Not overpowered since they barely scratch paint. Torpedo's can be released with a narrow aiming and so close they almost ram the torpedo in the ship. But is is only a single torpedo and they are slow, can still miss. I find no overpoweredness there yet the aircraft are much more enjoyable in use.

Seems nerfs work progressive with climbing in tier.

[QEF]
Players
25 posts
5,903 battles

I guess no one asked for the cheap AA sector control. Now we have this *insert  multiple curse words*. As long as I have this I wish CV *insert  multiple curse words*. The only good thing about the rework are the effects(which I think we already had before for a brief time)...

Alpha Tester
2,464 posts
7,357 battles

Quality of Life for the CV player has dropped dramatically. It is frustrating, boring and unfun to play CVs now, sure I can get a good Winrate with them but what is the point of playing a game if it's going to turn out into a frustrating experience. To make matters worse you are overstimating the capacity of the playerbase to accept these nerfs. A lot of the top CV players have given up with this rework and now stick to surface ships, other have even started opening accounts on the chinese server given the old RTS style is still there. It is also the bane of any new player getting into the game and having with this extremely frustrating gameplay.

You may destroy your own rework on your quest for "balancing" CVs with this rushed patchworks: a frustrating experience, high skill low reward gameplay, hard to master but pointless class, low active playerbase and worse of all: You'd end up with an objectively worse product than the old RTS carriers.

Players
3,477 posts
8,165 battles
22 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

And getting but a  fraction of the credits and XP reward other ships get for the same ( mediocre ) damage.

This is actually what bothers me more. It's hardly rewarding to actually play a battle when in a bottom tier carrier. It's as if some actions like spotting or shooting down planes don't reward anything at all (iirc the shooting down of planes was not rewarded in any way economically, except for things like missions).

• Cool 2

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,850 posts
6,054 battles
1 hour ago, OVanBruce said:

Quality of Life for the CV player has dropped dramatically. It is frustrating, boring and unfun to play CVs now, sure I can get a good Winrate with them but what is the point of playing a game if it's going to turn out into a frustrating experience.

Yes that botheres me a lot too....

Struggeling with accuracy and moment of fire ( being blocked ) , getting very low damage returns and often having no choice but be deplaned to get at least some damage and a teardrawing low credit reward does NOT mean your side did not win......there are always 23 others that had influence too.

Such winning is unimportant, it leaves ashes in the mouth. I do not play to win, i play to get as many credits and XP as i can get and enjoy meself while doing that. And winning is the condition your credits and XP will be higher. That is why i teamplay too, it increases the chance on winning. But playing a CV i feel i hamper the team more then i can contribute. Not because i suck with CV but because i fight harder with nerf effects then against the enemy.

• Cool 1

Players
342 posts
5,081 battles
On 3/1/2019 at 12:49 PM, Sethirod said:

well, in my last battle (playing a GK), i got focused and took 16 torpedo hits by 2 carriers in a couple of minutes. one of them (a Midway) kept circling me with TBs, launching torpedoes each 30 seconds or something like that. in the process i managed to kill some plane, had to repair 5 floodings, used 2 HP reloads, and lost more or less 150% of my HP pool.

now please tell me what more would you like to be able to do with a single TB squadron (with the help of a tier 8 CV, of course). without being shot at, without losing a single HP and with the loss of few planes - immediately replaced. a 1 hit kill?

• Cool 1

Players
342 posts
5,081 battles
6 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

This is actually what bothers me more. It's hardly rewarding to actually play a battle when in a bottom tier carrier. It's as if some actions like spotting or shooting down planes don't reward anything at all (iirc the shooting down of planes was not rewarded in any way economically, except for things like missions).

ever tried being a bottom tier ship against a +2 carrier?

the +/-2 MM span is awful (but it pays, i suspect - because it leads to tier 10 rushes), and at least carriers are the only surviving ships. you can do little damage, but not because your life span is 2 minutes

Players
342 posts
5,081 battles

after 8.0 i find every battle involving carriers unplayable and boring, with teams loitering at Yamato ranges and trying to form the densest blobs possible. every time a ship leaves formation it's game over. once the number of ships thins down it's carrier time. there's simply not enough AA to fend off the infinite waves of planes with infinite weapons, and CVs start to pile up kills. 2, 3, 4, 6 in the last few minutes of every given game.

now, what bothers me most is that after the exact same patch, there's an enldess litany of spoiled ex-CV heroes, who can't adapt to the new gameplay  and whine about nerfs and death of carriers and evil WG doing evil stuff to their favourite RTS. the problem is, the ones who could adapt are winning games ALONE. and ruining anyway every game thay can't win.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SP4WN]
Players
164 posts
16,753 battles

No critique or complains will make WG turning the wheel back. They were told in advance of 8.0. what the consequences of this "rework" will be and they didnt care because they never do. WG simply declares the current messed up consequences as Beta and let us continue to pay money in the form of Premium Account time.

The only T10 CV you can work with right now is the Midway, Hakuryu is a totally atrocious failure. And it is not only the CVs that were dumbed down but also DDs have no real stand any more because of the CV spotting and the millions of radars which had been buffed too with the last patch...

And I am so fed up with ppl like the above @ulcusrodens who obviously have no clue about CV gameplay and never stop complaining about OP CVs.

• Cool 3

Players
3,477 posts
8,165 battles
33 minutes ago, ulcusrodens said:

ever tried being a bottom tier ship against a +2 carrier?

Dude is this a serious question?

Do you really expect an honest "no" here? lmao

the +/-2 MM span is awful (but it pays, i suspect - because it leads to tier 10 rushes), and at least carriers are the only surviving ships. you can do little damage, but not because your life span is 2 minutes

What do you mean with paying for tier 10 rushes? And what does this have to do with this?

And if you're lifespan is 2 minutes, you're doing it wrong.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
342 posts
5,081 battles
51 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Dude is this a serious question?

Do you really expect an honest "no" here? lmao

What do you mean with paying for tier 10 rushes? And what does this have to do with this?

And if you're lifespan is 2 minutes, you're doing it wrong.

of course not. so why are you complaining about the MM as if it was a carrier related issue?

i mean that players are encouraged to rush for tier 10 to avoid being more or less constantly the smallest fishes in the pond, and rushing means all sorts of premium stuff. that's why they'll never fix the MM, because in the end it brings more money than players who quit due to the frustration of being out tiered. or they would have fixed it ages ago, it's simple. it's not as frustrating as it was (is, as far as i know, but no longer a problem of mine) in WoT, but with carriers and DDs the power creep is VERY real. it has more or less everything to do with this - unless the OP's wasn't simply a generic rant about being unable to play carriers in the new mode.

my lifespan isn't 2 miinutes unless i want it to be (when i see 4 tier 10 aircancers around, for example. then i suicide in a more honourable way than being an XP pool for those puny mosquitoes). it was a figure of speech, unless we're talking about being focused on by a +2 CV, then 2 minutes is even optimistic.

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

Players
3,477 posts
8,165 battles
13 minutes ago, ulcusrodens said:

of course not.

So you were basically just acting stupid?

12 minutes ago, ulcusrodens said:

so why are you complaining about the MM as if it was a carrier related issue?

Because as bottom tier carrier you're basically thrown into a meatgrinder...kinda like has been mentioned countless times on the forums already. But I reckon here you're basically just acting stupid again?

Sorry, but if you're going to be so lazy that you try to make me feel inclined to do your thinking work for you, I can't bother to take you seriously. I got much more important stuff to to. Have a nice day.

• Cool 2