You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RAYvenMP

Can Air supply containers drop ship mission if you already own the ship?

10 comments in this topic

[IDDQD]
Players
230 posts
8,316 battles

so the Air supply containers arrived to premium shop today and i was wondering if you can get the ship mission drop (Hood, Duke of York, Vanguard, or Edinburgh) even if you already have those ships in port? anyone had it happen?

It would be really great WG when you are selling something to list such info at the product description along with duplicate compensation details....

edit: found this, so i guess duplicates are possible, but compensation is credits only.

• If you already have any of these ships in your Port, you'll receive compensation in credits equal to the base price of the ships, including any active discounts.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,490 posts
11,458 battles
47 minutes ago, RAYvenMP said:

edit: found this, so i guess duplicates are possible, but compensation is credits only.

• If you already have any of these ships in your Port, you'll receive compensation in credits equal to the base price of the ships, including any active discounts.

Something to this effect was also mentioned during yesterday's stream, I think. So... basically there you have it and the thread can be closed? :Smile-_tongue:

[SCRUB]
Players
8,173 posts
10,691 battles

I really like the credits part.

So you got lucky enough for a mission for a premium ship, eh? Oh, you already have that one? Well, lucky you ... here's some CREDITS for ya lucky chum!!!

/s

Works for the Edinburgh as it's a regular silver ship, but if someone rolls a duplicate premium ship you'd expect doubloons. Nevermind that the only reason why WG started doing the mission-to-unlock-ships stuff is seemingly because the loot drop determinator can't check if you already own any of those ships since you technically didn't get any of the specially created missions yet even if you owned most of the possible reward ships already so it can happily chug missions for duplicates your way ... but hey, you get credits for it, woohoo.

Nevermind doubloons, not even something like florins/crowns you might use for other stuff during the current event ... nope, credits. Which any player already owning any single of those premium ships will have zero trouble procuring by simply playing them.

Buzz off WG, really.

• Cool 2

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,176 posts

WG is indeed getting way and way more stingy after the "you can earn Warspite/Gallant for 200/220 Sovereigns"-thing. 40 daily missions for a T3 port-queen, now this. 30 plane kills in an unbalanced PvP-mode to get started for Exeter,... Maybe I should start hammering them down once again.

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
7,299 posts
Vor 1 Stunde, RAYvenMP sagte:

so the Air supply containers arrived to premium shop today and i was wondering if you can get the ship mission drop (Hood, Duke of York, Vanguard, or Edinburgh) even if you already have those ships in port? anyone had it happen?

in the German forum somebody had all four missions in 20 containers, and he had all four ships already...

but of course you must be very lucky this time, it seems to be very common to have no missions even when buying 40 containers...

[BGNAV]
Players
389 posts
8,854 battles
40 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

in the German forum somebody had all four missions in 20 containers, and he had all four ships already...

but of course you must be very lucky this time, it seems to be very common to have no missions even when buying 40 containers...

Who in their minds would buy a single container of those, not to say 40 for the ships you might get: vanguard is meh, hood is ok-ish (and the only one i would like to get), duke of yeeek is underpowered for its tier and edinburgh is a silver ship.

What a waste of money xd.

The containers are not even appealing to be bought at first place.

• Cool 1

[WCWVE]
Players
872 posts
13,340 battles

Yes as I got missions for 3 ships this morning which I already own, and at just 5000 base XP for all three missions, that is a lot of doubloons for not many battles 

Players
3,009 posts
3,402 battles
23 minutes ago, B010011A said:

Who in their minds would buy a single container of those, not to say 40 for the ships you might get: vanguard is meh, hood is ok-ish (and the only one i would like to get), duke of yeeek is underpowered for its tier and edinburgh is a silver ship.

I have Edinburgh researched and ready-to-go (just waiting for my div mate), and also have Hood (25E on sale). 

The rest, you are absolutely right I think. Let's see how many RN CVs I can get. LMAO. :Smile_trollface: 

• Cool 1

[W-C]
Players
569 posts
3,114 battles
6 minutes ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

Yes as I got missions for 3 ships this morning which I already own, and at just 5000 base XP for all three missions, that is a lot of doubloons for not many battles

except I think it's credit compensation you get, not doubloons :fish_nerv:

[WCWVE]
Players
872 posts
13,340 battles
3 minutes ago, Rusty_9 said:

except I think it's credit compensation you get, not doubloons :fish_nerv:

Yes it is credits this time but before it has always been doubloons , however, 42 million credits is not to be sneezed at 

• Cool 1