You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Kanasybigi

SERVER DOWN !!!!

343 comments in this topic

[B-F-M]
Weekend Tester
4,873 posts
1 minute ago, MrConway said:

Having a stock of beer is always good, but I hope we'll be back up and running fully soonest.

I hope so...

Otherwise, maybe a problem for the missions and the EXETER-mission.... because time is still running

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,464 posts
22,921 battles
3 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Yesterday evening's interruption was an unrelated issue due to problems in the data server.

Having a stock of beer is always good, but I hope we'll be back up and running fully soonest.

.... get this image of weegeees server maintenance now off me plz :Smile-_tongue::Smile_trollface::Smile_hiding:

48b.jpeg

• Funny 2

[JR-IT]
Players
137 posts
23,354 battles
8 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Gentlemen, unfortunately this is correct and I cannot do any more than confirm that we are indeed working on it.

We might have to restart part of the server cluster to fix the current issue. I'll update you as I get new information.

And did u think to keep it secret? Why didn't u published a single word on this 'issue' on the portal before? Busy whit usual wodka party?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
93 posts
4,431 battles
Just now, HentaiSquirrel said:

Agreed. I have to admit that in a way i envy wg... If i would handle my paying clients like they do handle their users atm i would be bankrupt XD

(not the outage - crap happens, but the seeming lack of honesty / answering to this thread etc)

image.png

And this is another point - You may have a contract with your client stating exactly what you have to provide and in which quality and if this is not met you have to pay penalty fees.... we as a player don't have such clauses in the "contract" actually it's the opposit, we as player have agreed on THEIR terms... so basically we are at their mercy... period....

And yes I agreed to this too - if we want to play the game we dont have a choice - but imho we still can be upset that this happens to such an extend because in the end we are paying big time money as a playerbase together.... and big time money should lead to big time quality of service.....

• Cool 3

[GOT]
Players
1 post
3,771 battles

So my kids are still at their grandparents, my wife it at work and I was able to go home a little early from work. Great lets play a few hours of WoWs without distractions. Oh wait.... :Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 4

Players
1,127 posts
7,085 battles
3 minutes ago, bigbambooz said:

And did u think to keep it secret? Why didn't u published a single word on this 'issue' on the portal before? Busy whit usual wodka party?

chill mate

they most likely wait to be sure to publish anything related to server issues, you know, saying they know the problem but then without solving it is even worse than not saying anything.

they obviously do their best to fix the servers, they're not happy that people cannot play, especially with the weekend arriving, they could lose potential players and premium buyers.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,145 posts
3,368 battles

I have an update!

We are finishing restarting all of the servers, normal services should be back up at 14:40 CET (13:40 UTC) - in about 20 minutes!

• Cool 7

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,464 posts
22,921 battles
Just now, BigBird85 said:

So my kids are still at their grandparents, my wife it at work and I was able to go home a little early from work. Great lets play a few hours of WoWs without distractions. Oh wait.... :Smile_facepalm:

... i guess someone might would want me to rather play now than posting here as well....:Smile_bajan2:..... but while we're at it.....*thinks of most classic ways to spend time on internet*... damn dude, u got HOURS :Smile_amazed::Smile_teethhappy:....

sry, gonna go off here now b4 slap :Smile_trollface::Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,145 posts
3,368 battles
Just now, MRGTB said:

Err.... how long does it take just to reboot a server that crashes?

Unfortunately its not as easy as flipping a switch, the WoWs servers operate in a cluster with different servers dedicated to different aspects of the operations, things like log-ins, matchmaking, actual games, missions etc.

To make sure they are no issues they need to be started correctly and in the right order, then checked - this takes time :/

• Cool 3

[OFFC]
Players
225 posts
14,013 battles

There is no other game for what I spend more money (I think others too) and they aren't able to run a working server. Great. :D

• Cool 1

Players
2,977 posts
1 minute ago, MrConway said:

I have an update!

We are finishing restarting all of the servers, normal services should be back up at 14:40 CET (13:40 UTC) - in about 20 minutes!

Lol you watch as soon as it restarts, the Alaska spam will kick in again, and crash it

• Funny 2

[ROT8]
Players
2,730 posts

fk me, is it spoilt kiddy hour on the forum? Thinks break and go wrong, deal with it. It's a bloody game in the end, go and do something more useful for a few hours rather than cry on a forum. :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

[-E-G-]
Players
86 posts
4 minutes ago, MrConway said:

I have an update!

Well last night can't play , this day can't play and have to go to work - it is good your events are not with timeline - ups wait ..

[JR-IT]
Players
137 posts
23,354 battles
2 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

chill mate

they most likely wait to be sure to publish anything related to server issues, you know, saying they know the problem but then without solving it is even worse than not saying anything.

they obviously do their best to fix the servers, they're not happy that people cannot play, especially with the weekend arriving, they could lose potential players and premium buyers.

The server went down since last night. I can understand that a technical fail can happen, okay, i can understand all except the lack of EDUCATION!. A simple announcement about technical matters on server, possibly on the main portal, should be correct for costumers.

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,145 posts
3,368 battles
9 minutes ago, bigbambooz said:

The server went down since last night. I can understand that a technical fail can happen, okay, i can understand all except the lack of EDUCATION!. A simple announcement about technical matters on server, possibly on the main portal, should be correct for costumers.

We agree and it is there, but we cannot always get it up immediately, especially when we don't have any information about the scope of the issues.

[ZPT]
Players
7 posts
36,931 battles
The most important thing for us all is that we most understand once and for all that WE are wrong.

The game is perfect
There are no servers to disconnect during the game.
When we are at the harbor nothing is blocked (it is from your eyes)
The match making's are perfect with balanced teams (boats and skill's)
The teams are not often decimated in just 7 minutes
The cv's are spotless
The anti-aircraft are in accordance with the specifications of the respective boats (as P / ex: Akizuki has good AA and Haragumo has AA almost useless)
There are players playing Tier VIII, TIX or TX who even having less than 1000 games are perfectly knowledgeable about the boats they have and what they should do (with average damage over 20K)
There are boats in play that not only never existed but are super powerful or others that have existed and are fragile.
There are no incorrect terms or phrases in game chats (we're the ones who are mean and imagine things)

Anyway, we are wrong.

WG keep up the good work on destroying a game that was a lot of fun to play but that in the last 1.5 years has been slowly being destroyed.

PS: If they want us to respond to inquiries then read us why if they are answered and do not give them importance then they do not need to send them.

[JR-IT]
Players
137 posts
23,354 battles
16 minutes ago, MrConway said:

We agree and it is there, but we cannot always get it up immediately, especially when we don't have any information about the scope of the issues.

Thx 4 reply. Nothing of personal naturally. What I mean, 4 next time,  if a problem occurs, there is no need to 'have any information about the scope of the issues'. Set an  IMMEDIATE announcement on the portal just like this: 'Sorry, technical matters are occurring on server. We're hardly working to individuate and fix them as soon as possible. Thx 4 the comprehension '. It will be more appreciated than the apologies.

• Cool 4