You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hammirabi

Selling CVs (again)

10 comments in this topic

[O_P]
Players
7 posts

Yes, I have searched the forum, and I have read the rules on selling CVs. Still, a number of people were not good enough in reading and understanding text. So rather than being sorry afterwards, I'd like to ask about the rules before I sell:

I had US CVs up to Lexington before 0.8.0. I tested CVs with the Lexington, and researched the Midway - never bought it. When I now go to the sell screen in the inventory, it shows:

906842064_2019-02-2822_11_29-WorldofWarships.thumb.png.c6397b8e64a5d1cb181676a342f1d341.png

I understand, that:

• upon selling the Midway, 330000 XP will be transferred onto the Lexington
  • upon (subsequently) selling the Lexington, I will get 239000 FreeXP (and credits and dubloons).

But what happens with the 330000 XP transferred onto the Lexington when selling the Midway? Will they become FreeXP as well, will they be transferred onto the Ranger? The Erie?

Thanks.

Beta Tester
793 posts
12,125 battles
1 hour ago, Hammirabi said:

But what happens with the 330000 XP transferred onto the Lexington when selling the Midway? Will they become FreeXP as well, will they be transferred onto the Ranger? The Erie?

The exp in question is the exp you got grinded on Midway by playing her, that exp will be added to your Lexington and so on, but the exp you used to research the ship itself will be transfered to free exp, so 330k for Midway + 239k for Lexington and so on.

[O_P]
Players
7 posts

Thanks for helping me to understand this. As I researched the Midway only after 0.8.0, I guess the XP won't become free xp, but added to the Lexington - and then further down to Ranger (and ultimately to Erie after selling all)?

[ITA_C]
Players
287 posts
7,699 battles
8 hours ago, Azalgor said:

The exp in question is the exp you got grinded on Midway by playing her, that exp will be added to your Lexington and so on, but the exp you used to research the ship itself will be transfered to free exp, so 330k for Midway + 239k for Lexington and so on.

I doubt that if he researched the midway after the rework

• Cool 1

[ITA_C]
Players
287 posts
7,699 battles

Sorry for duble posting

Instead The picture show clearly silver stars for The midway so that exp will not become free exp

[BGBRD]
Players
322 posts
9,613 battles
10 hours ago, Hammirabi said:

To the Erie.

You're welcome.

[O_P]
Players
7 posts

So I sold the Midway. XP were transferred to the Lexington. Now if I want to sell the Lexington (with 330000 combat XP from the Midway), WoW says:

847269015_2019-03-0108_28_42-WorldofWarships.png.7dd7bd1407e5ad24a2ac1db31ea55e96.png

Why will combat XP now go to the Erie and not the Ranger?

That sale system is over my head. :Smile_facepalm:

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,637 posts
15,349 battles
20 minutes ago, Hammirabi said:

Why will combat XP now go to the Erie and not the Ranger?

Because the system would be abusable otherwise.

Think about it, if you sell your Lex now and the exp gets transferred to the Ranger, you could essentially rebuy the Lexington for free while being given 239k free exp, of which you'd only need a fraction of to research the modules again.

Ofc nothing stops you from doing this if you already have a ton of exp on the Ranger.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
1,904 posts
15,969 battles

As far as i understand it, it goes like this - if you sell midway (via arsenal option) 330k go to lex and if you sell lex afther that those 330k and everything else you have hoarded on lex herself goes to ranger, exept for the 239k that you "spent" on her before patch 0.8.0, again if you subseqently sell ranger same thing applys and 330k of midway and all hoarded on lex and ranger since the 0.8.0 patch go to langley (and research cost of it from before patch becomes freexp) and only if you sell langley then it goes to erie, also when you sell any cv its captain is reasigned to erie

[BGBRD]
Players
322 posts
9,613 battles
16 minutes ago, Hammirabi said:

That sale system is over my head. :Smile_facepalm:

The system is designed to refund the players that played/researched the full CV lines before 0.8.0. We all knew that there will be balancing problems and a lot of people will freeXP the CVs, just to have the new "flavor of the month" top ship. This is why It was made clear that any CVs unlocked after 0.8.0. will not be refunded with Free XP, just credits (full price, not like selling them at 50%)... witch is more then enough and fair.

• Cool 1