Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
JuneauEu

Midway Economy - Needs a tweak ASAP

10 comments in this topic

[TAW]
Players
19 posts
4,048 battles

Playing the midway at the moment is "interesting" if not - difficult depending on the number of AA ships and "don't come near me zones". But putting that aside I want to cover something quite damaging. The economy of basic credits. Every game is a loss without premium. Win or lose, top of team or bottom.

T= Torps, B= Bombs hit, R= Rockets hit, P= Planes destroyed, I= Incaps, D= Destroy, F= Fire, C= Flooding, Def= Defended, S= Spotted,=

Game 1 - Victory - 2nd on team
Battle performance 3 T, 24 B, 31 R, 4 I, 1 D, 4 F, 1 F, 5 Def, 14 S, 7 P
Credits received 232K  vs Credits spent 256k (with -25%)

Game 2 - Defeat -  1st on team
Battle performance 5 t, 8 B, 14 R, 34 P (11 ship, 23 with fighters) 5 i, 1 D, 5 F, 2 C, 2 Def, 14 S
Credits received 247k vs 277k Spent (with -25%)

Game 3 Defeat = -102K - 3rd on team
Game 4 Victory = -63K - 8th on team
Game 5 Victory = -17K - 5th on team
Game 6 Victory = -33K - 2nd on team

Why am I not breaking even? It's costing me credits to play, am I missing something obvious here?

ps. yes I'm aware im not using a camo/flags for credits mainly because I thought it was odd that I had a great game yesterday despite forgetting to put flags/camo on and getting -24k.

[M_OB]
Players
495 posts
4,245 battles

All the CVs need a overhaul in terms of credits and xp. Seems like the old stats are still the baseline and its impossible now to live up to those numbers.

Its especially painful since you have to grind SO much xp on each CV to get to the next one.

Its even more painful when the CVs are WAY more expensive to buy in terms of credits for some reason. I mean a fully decked out Midway costs almost 40 million credits!!! Compared to a Des Moines that costs 17 million.

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
380 posts
10,072 battles

No doubt about it, THIS is the worst trade deal in the history of trade deals. 

These Ruskies are really putting the screws to us apropos Carrier overheads. Ordinary Americans are suffering.

Does anyone have the Trumpster on speed dial? 

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,842 posts
6,051 battles

On Tier VIII you can lose large sums of credits too performing up to being 3rd position of a winning team. With a standard account. In CV these absurd costs has to do with losing many aircraft, but being thrown into +2 tier matches you really have no choice but to lose aicraft or do no damage. CV being nerfed and other ships AA buffed does not help either.

Premium account only turns that into a very low plus like +29 k credits. Not something that helps you fact he enormous amounts of credits needed to climb 2 tiers higher in the tech tree. Maybe the idea behind this is you are forced to buy credits. But i already buy premium account, if this is not adressed i feel i simply will not play a class anymore that does this. That is not a problem for WG but it will be if that is mass behaviour.

[HOO]
Players
36 posts
2,782 battles

How the [edited]do you want to make credits... I can with Enterprise only because of all the bonuses + Premium. I lose so much planes doing 50k damage that it hurt my credits account by wasting my time and it breaks my soul because this ship is so bad. I almost want to sell her to convert the doubloons and get Alaska. Shame I love Enterprise otherwise she would already be gone.

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,842 posts
6,051 battles

Due to the torpedo aiming nerfs and still in place rocket refuse to fire nerf i was reduced to -30k to  -40 k   credits without premium in T VIII CV's. For winning mind you. If it stays this way i will have no option but to stop playing them.

I don't see aircraft loss deducted anymore but it changes nothing over the previous credit loss situation.

I can only guess Tier X multiplies that loss, but not only Tier X is affected by it.

WG20.jpg

WG21.jpg

[TAW]
Players
19 posts
4,048 battles

Generally curious as to what Wargames approach to this will be - hopefully a Dev or Mod will see this thread and just gives us a brief update as to wether or not the economy will be looked at and if so, a rough time line. 

My premium ends in a couple of days, I wan't to main CV, I want it to not be so bad, but with it being weak in game and a credit looser, I will probably be forced to stop playing it.

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
726 posts
5,503 battles

The WG economy is built around Premium, Flags and (Doubloon)Camo`s.

In the Beta the credits were much more, but that doesn't get the above-mentioned system working.

[PIPI_]
[PIPI_]
Players
131 posts
On 2/28/2019 at 10:04 PM, JuneauEu said:

Playing the midway at the moment is "interesting" if not - difficult depending on the number of AA ships and "don't come near me zones". But putting that aside I want to cover something quite damaging. The economy of basic credits. Every game is a loss without premium. Win or lose, top of team or bottom.

T= Torps, B= Bombs hit, R= Rockets hit, P= Planes destroyed, I= Incaps, D= Destroy, F= Fire, C= Flooding, Def= Defended, S= Spotted,=

Game 1 - Victory - 2nd on team
Battle performance 3 T, 24 B, 31 R, 4 I, 1 D, 4 F, 1 F, 5 Def, 14 S, 7 P
Credits received 232K  vs Credits spent 256k (with -25%)

Game 2 - Defeat -  1st on team
Battle performance 5 t, 8 B, 14 R, 34 P (11 ship, 23 with fighters) 5 i, 1 D, 5 F, 2 C, 2 Def, 14 S
Credits received 247k vs 277k Spent (with -25%)

Game 3 Defeat = -102K - 3rd on team
Game 4 Victory = -63K - 8th on team
Game 5 Victory = -17K - 5th on team
Game 6 Victory = -33K - 2nd on team

Why am I not breaking even? It's costing me credits to play, am I missing something obvious here?

ps. yes I'm aware im not using a camo/flags for credits mainly because I thought it was odd that I had a great game yesterday despite forgetting to put flags/camo on and getting -24k.

T10 economy is generally broken. Many ships need some pretty great game to not make a loss and/or use flags, camo and premium time.

In a time when spotting and capping still gave rewards and carriers could still get dev strikes, arsonists, confederate, high caliber and kraken with ease  they earned more rewards then the rest of the team combined .... it was the first and only time WG quickly responded by "balancing" carriers (aka nerf income). Now that carriers can no longer farm those achievements with ease and spotting and co offers nearly no rewards those nerfs can quickly become painful.

In short: it's because WG bases your maintenance cost solely on the class and your income almost exclusively on the direct damage dealt.

Sign in to follow this