Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
sgtmarple

Tier 6 - CV still trash, still hard

55 comments in this topic

Players
1,889 posts
On 2/28/2019 at 10:09 PM, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

for sure t6 need way more love from wg, i tested self , if u botom off mm , surely u wont get any close to t8 bb or ca, eve dds can hande lol

Even equal tier BBs (T6-T8) can basically solo defend themselves against CV's strikes. Why not just remove AA cruisers? No point right? When we have AA battleships all over the place. WG balance strikes again. Add a class when its OP. Nerf it into the ground so noone plays the class again instead of actually fixing the issues. Classic WG. 

GJ WG balance team. You have proven yourself again to be less then.... Average. 

[THESO]
Players
540 posts
10,558 battles
On 3/2/2019 at 5:15 PM, sgtmarple said:

I think you are coming from a Ranger perpesctive, I only have the Riujo aviable on T6. I think the US CV are in a better place , not where they should be but overall in a better place.

I feel that Ranger and Ryujo play very differently, but with a bit of practice both are effective in their tier. Ranger is very versatile, all plane types are easy to use, and are effective in many situations. 

The Ryujo is much more tricky. The torpedos, especially with Torpedo Acceleration, are much easier to hit home. They're fast enough to be very useful against faster/smaller targets. They're your main damage dealing weapon, and you should be borderline paranoid about not wasting them against too strong AA. 

The attack planes are trickier as well. They deal good damage if you get a good, steady attack run, and the reticle narrows down real small. Ranger's are more of a shotgun. 

Finally, the AP bombs... I still struggle with them. Against BB's I can get citadels, but drop so early that many of the miss the whole target. Against softer targets I don't have the figured out well enough, and really need to spend some time in the training room. However, the AP dive bombers' great potential is apparent. 

I have somewhat higher average damage in Ryujo, with a similar number of games played. I think they're pretty well balanced, both in their tier and against each other. Problems start at T8 where Lexington is very good and Shokaku really, really underwhelming. 

[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
1,504 posts
9,607 battles

Personally I feel its hit and miss at tier6

If enemy just pair up it don't mater what you do the aa bloom will wipe your planes

If the cv is up teir then your screwed 

I really enjoy the new cv play but the damage you do is so low to other classes and the upteir problem is so painful even I am feeling its time to drop em

Players
50 posts
1,903 battles

The hilarious part is, in Ranger, is that I prefer "worse" planes from the tech tree. :Smile_sceptic:

The torpedo biplanes are slower, yes, but they are much more maneuverable, allowing you to quickly almost turn around and start another strike at the same target. A nice benefit is also a faster plane recharge time, which means that even if you lose them, you'll get them back very soon.

Rocket planes - You just have 2 strikes, which means you get to return to carrier and switch to the other plane type faster. A faster recharge time also applies here.

The only exception is the dive bombers. The upgraded ones are better in pretty much every aspect.

For Ryujo, I don't have such an issue.

For up-tiers and no-fly zones, this is not really a problem for me - planes are expendable anyway - I can cause damage and do something (like distract them) even when facing higher tier opponents. It still mostly depends on the rest of the allied team to deliver damage and win the match.

Sign in to follow this