Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
sgtmarple

Tier 6 - CV still trash, still hard

55 comments in this topic

Players
153 posts
733 battles

Jep, nothing changed. Still barely doing damage, still Clevelands popping up right under me then blast me away.  Still not seeing DDs, still AP overpen 8/10 , still the bombing sight is crap on JPN. Still gonna farm that Fuso for damage and ignore the rest :Smile-_tongue:. But hey, Premium CVs YEAH!

• Cool 2

Players
5,439 posts
8,137 battles
9 minutes ago, DreadArchangel said:

I hear you mate, Conway say their going to show the cv a bit of love, better hurry or they'll be next to cv play left.

WG definition of "love" is very... specific. And IIRC announcement only positive change scheduled is shortening climb time for aircraft without payload. Which isn't going to fix anything related to actually dropping said payload in first place.

[-URK-]
Players
18 posts
9,617 battles

Im only playing T6 CVs, T4 never tried (the reports were so bad, not even tried them), im noticing more dificuties to hit DDs, the mouse pointer when its close to a DD suddenly slows down.... The rest is as mentioned, AP overpens, Torps with so much lead an experienced player knows how to dodge them, only one try per squadron, usually their dead when we turn away, the americans with HE bombers can have a little more consistent damage, but forget about hiting DDs with bombers only against idiot captains.

T8 CVs cant aproach any ship.... T10 CVs are depressing.... what they were and how they are.... ridiculous....

So CVs cant carry any team to victory, if you're rushed, youre dead. No way to sink anyone in one attack run, DDs can sink a BB with a good torp salvo, Cruisers can sink a DD with one or two good gun salvos and of course a BB can wipe out a cruiser with Citadels. CVs to sink a ship need at least 10 minutes if they focuses only one ship only wich is not a good way to spend your time.

I know that they have an unlimited plane supply, but i prefered less planes but more damage potencial, if not im just flyiing away in the game, having a good perspective of the battle, thats all, and then pray that the team manages to win, CVs are just passengers.

Oh... and they can spot... but they are nerfing that too... Marvelous....

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, Players
5,332 posts

for sure t6 need way more love from wg, i tested self , if u botom off mm , surely u wont get any close to t8 bb or ca, eve dds can hande lol

Players
1,728 posts
245 battles

Yeah its hard to make a difference in the ranger now, rockets seem harder to use then before and the torps are pretty slow that if you mess up a little you could miss half of your damage potential. Dive bombers are good but you only get three bombs so you dont that much damage.

nevermind in tier 8 games where you spend most of the time attacking isolated and/or lower tier ships, since spotting dd’s is harder now.

although i will continue to do my best.

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
749 posts
4,364 battles

The T10 CV's seem pretty decent and even strong in the right hands. Low and mid tiers are just really lackluster imo. 

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
3,077 posts
6,133 battles

I would probably recommend going the US line, they have more HP, and their HE makes them more versatile. I like the IJN but they're not a beginners choice and they're weaker than the US

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,522 posts
15,263 battles

Dunno if it works for IJN CVs but with Enterprise AP bombs you need to run down the attack clock pretty far or go for a side attack to score citadels on lightly armored targets. If you ever have a lightly armored cruiser in your AP DB sights, try that instead of dropping from high altitude.

Do note that the reticle moves forward fairly far when running down the time, so start the attack a bit early.

• Cool 1

Players
245 posts

Ranger isn't too bad as long as it isn't up-tiered to T8. Lexington is OK at tier 8 but hard at T9 and useless at T10.

The Japanese T6 is just plain useless.

Have tried T4 but guess I will with Herpes when I get a few more Florins or whatever

[ESPA]
Players
1,205 posts
6,939 battles

I SOOO regret buying a premium cammo for my Ryujo. But two years ago who would guess that WG's designers would destroy the cv class like they did?
(And i'm not talking only about damage and kill, but rather they destroyed the FUN of playing them)

• Cool 2

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,624 battles

Yep good luck if you end in a T-VIII match.. Only thing you can do is to go after isolated lower tier ships. Forget the T-VIII's  unless your team have stripped them of AA mounts. Don't know how they even consider this a fair balance??

Players
5,439 posts
8,137 battles
21 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Dunno if it works for IJN CVs but with Enterprise AP bombs you need to run down the attack clock pretty far or go for a side attack to score citadels on lightly armored targets. If you ever have a lightly armored cruiser in your AP DB sights, try that instead of dropping from high altitude.

Do note that the reticle moves forward fairly far when running down the time, so start the attack a bit early.

Same story with IJN - to avoid overpens you need to drop bombs late (crosshair goes forward). Obviously overdoing it might end with bomb ricochet, also bomb can arm on superstructure and detonate prematurely.

8 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Yep good luck if you end in a T-VIII match.. Only thing you can do is to go after isolated lower tier ships. Forget the T-VIII's  unless your team have stripped them of AA mounts. Don't know how they even consider this a fair balance??

Same story with T8 CV in T10. Even T10 CV in T10 match is not easy.

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,624 battles

Worst part is IF you even manage to get through to bomb some of the top tier BB's, most if not all bombs will just shatter and the BB laughs.

Players
5,439 posts
8,137 battles
21 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Worst part is IF you even manage to get through to bomb some of the top tier BB's, most if not all bombs will just shatter and the BB laughs.

That is why you use AP bombs to ship on cruisers and odd German BB

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,624 battles
2 minutes ago, Panocek said:

That is why you use AP bombs to ship on cruisers and odd German BB

I'm speaking RN bombers only HE

Players
5,439 posts
8,137 battles
Just now, hgbn_dk said:

I'm speaking RN bombers only HE

I've highlighted source of your issues.

Besides, with lowpen HE bombs you're stuck with molesting ships without any sort of reinforced decks, which at mid tiers are mostly cruisers and US BBs

[ITA_C]
Players
284 posts
7,644 battles
23 hours ago, Linkaex said:

The T10 CV's seem pretty decent and even strong in the right hands. Low and mid tiers are just really lackluster imo. 

just midway hakuryu is garbage

Players
153 posts
733 battles

My main problem as a Japanese CV on T6 is not so much AA, I can kinda work arround it, ist just the fimsy way things work.  For example torps should be our strength, ok good. They change how flooding works and yet the flooding chances are so freakish low. Then it is the torps sight, it takes so long to get close enough, even a BB has enough time to just turn in.

So I stick with AP Bombs, I can kinda can work arround the AP and it does do good damage on BBs and some Cruisers when you figure out where to hit Citadels, but why must the bomb sight jump arround the closer you get to 1 second? It is not the balance issue that makes me angry its the sloopy UI. If I have to almost loose a flight while bombing so be it but at least let the bomb indicator be accurate, it jumps without reason. Don't get me started on rockets, they just do whatever they want, never hit where you aim them. I had very close aiming circle straight on Cruisers and only 1 rocket hit. Comon! 

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,288 posts
11,732 battles
On 2/28/2019 at 8:31 PM, Panocek said:

WG definition of "love" is very... specific. And IIRC announcement only positive change scheduled is shortening climb time for aircraft without payload. Which isn't going to fix anything related to actually dropping said payload in first place.

WG's definition of love is, indeed, a strange thing. It somehow reminds me of the following:

"Jesus loves you" is a fantastic thing to hear....

... unless you're in a Mexican prison!

• Funny 1

[BLAST]
Players
40 posts
6,442 battles

Decreasing the visibility of ships from air, I understand. It was silly before. Arming delay of rockets though is just too long when combined with the decrease in visibility. They are pretty much useless now unless targeting BBs which is just silly. Torps - ok keep them low damage, but really, how about them being a little quicker. As was said above, even slow BBs can dodge them now

Players
1,067 posts
8,084 battles

Bu-bu-but.... I could swear T6 is actually a fairly comfortable place to play CV's now. Even in a T8 game, you still get a fairly comfortable number of targets with reasonably penetrable (is this a word?) AA defences. It's not like T8 or T10 CV's where your planes virtually never get back to the ship. And they're more rewarding than the T4 CV's with incredibly slow planes and general training-wheely feeling attacks.

I disagree about the rockets being useless. I think the spotting distance / minimum arming distance tuning with 0.8.0.3 was very successful. It gives a bit of a window of opportunity to DD's. But good CV players can still attack them.

Here's a hint: if you come over for a second attack against a DD, and have lost spotting on him, i.e. your minimap shows a ~10 seconds old position for him -- start your attack run already BEFORE you spot him again. Get inside his head and trying to predict where he'd have moved, and aim there. Often you'll find him close enough to the predicted position do a successful attack.

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
361 posts
15,449 battles

Where is the improvement of the new CV gameplay compared to the old RTS gameplay? A old T6 CV was still capable to do something useful in a tier 8 match... Compared to what they can do or not do in the new gameplay. And the skillgap is back again, we can witness it in every match with our CV division. 

Players
66 posts

i only played a few games in the cvs and not so many games in wows in general but if i had to state what the current problem is : planes get deleted quickly and the shots that you do manage to land deal very little damage. To fly across the map and hit for 700-3000 damage before having to launch a new squadron is a joke. Either increase the damage and let the planes go kamikaze or decrease AA and keep the low damage in order to perfrom several attacks with the same squadron. Feels like im flying passanger planes,just admiring the view

Sign in to follow this