Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
___V_E_N_O_M___

Design for Tier X Alaska class: USS Guam??

10 comments in this topic

Players
1,390 posts
5,306 battles

I wonder if WG will replicate the Azuma / Yoshino shenanigans with the Alaska class?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Guam_(CB-2)

The alaska class main battery guns could manage a rof of 3 shells per minute, so surely the tier ix vessel is not the ultimate version of the class...

450px-USS_Guam_(CB-2)_coming_out_of_a_tu

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,919 posts
7,915 battles

3 shells per minute translates to a 20 second reload. Basically what Alaska has currently.

Also if anything will be a tier 10 supercruiser for USA it will be the CA2-D preliminary Alaska design.

z9rg5qtuur121.jpg

Basically a Montana for the Alaska.

• Cool 2

[GOLD]
Players
902 posts
8,012 battles

Afaik someone from WG has already mentioned they were looking into the CA2-D and im looking forward to that....

• Cool 1

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,919 posts
7,915 battles
2 minutes ago, DJ_Die said:

Afaik someone from WG has already mentioned they were looking into the CA2-D and im looking forward to that....

image.thumb.png.5635bdf3f532cc0f55a31098f5d51a30.png

Yep

With the same HP calculation as Alaska, CA2-D has about 80k HP. That together with the much thicker 330mm belt, it might actually be able to tank a bit. According to this drawing it should have better turret firing angles as well.

• Cool 1

[GOLD]
Players
902 posts
8,012 battles
37 minutes ago, Affeks said:

According to this drawing it should have better turret firing angles as well.

I hope it keeps that, thats imho the biggest problem when WG pick paper USN ships, they mostly pick designs that didnt make the cut precisely because of those turret angles.... Just like Buffalo and Seattle.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,463 posts
9,810 battles
1 hour ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

The alaska class main battery guns could manage a rof of 3 shells per minute, so surely the tier ix vessel is not the ultimate version of the class...

Tier I maths?

• Funny 2

[GOLD]
Players
902 posts
8,012 battles
7 minutes ago, Sturmtiger_304 said:

The CA2-D looks like a great battleship. Now USA has a USSR Moskva counterpart.

Stalingrad with more guns, comra....i mean brother.

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,257 posts
3,482 battles
3 hours ago, Affeks said:

3 shells per minute translates to a 20 second reload. Basically what Alaska has currently.

Also if anything will be a tier 10 supercruiser for USA it will be the CA2-D preliminary Alaska design.

z9rg5qtuur121.jpg

Basically a Montana for the Alaska.

CA-C would also be fun to see: 4x3x 8", but as heavily armoured as Alaska. Battleship Buffalo (a la Battleship Hindenburg)

• Cool 1

Players
3,477 posts
8,165 battles
13 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

I wonder if WG will replicate the Azuma / Yoshino shenanigans with the Alaska class?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Guam_(CB-2)

450px-USS_Guam_(CB-2)_coming_out_of_a_tu

I was going to mention the CA2-D design, but perhaps they could do the same with Guam as they did with DM/Salem or some of the Japanese ships (though I think I'd prefer to have Guam not at tier 8 at least, maybe also give it better heal and lesser radar or something).

And there's ample sister ships that could be implemented in such a way, being mostly copy pastes so WG can sell them to us more cheaply :Smile-_tongue:

I doubt that last bit will happen, but I'm ok with the copypastes, 3D modelling is a LOT of work and frankly I think it's kinda stupid to model sister ships separately in wows when they were originally the same design anyway.