Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
Adm_Ballsey

How to play World of Warships Premium Battlecruiser USS Alaska Wows Review Guide

12 comments in this topic

Players
80 posts
12,926 battles

Hello once again everyone, Finally we get our hands on the USS Alaska and my first impression is that this ship is incredibly strong.
I included my full build including ship upgrades and captain skills including highlights from my very first game in the USS Alaska
I hope you all enjoy my latest episode of my How to play series featuring the World of Warships Premium Battlecruiser USS Alaska plus Wows Review Guide

• Cool 3

Players
80 posts
12,926 battles

Added a highlight compilation as requested by one of my subscribers Andyjp. Enjoy!

• Cool 1

Players
80 posts
12,926 battles
40 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

I love this ship, its a monster.

Agreed, it's so much fun deleting enemy cruisers in this ship -)

Players
1,390 posts
5,306 battles
7 minutes ago, Adm_Ballsey said:

Agreed, it's so much fun deleting enemy cruisers in this ship -)

I find it strong against BBs also, particularly Tier 8s. Ships like Bismarck and Tirpitz are cannon fodder. Just dont get focused or you perish quickly.

I use it to support DDs with Radar and AA aswell. Alaska is the kind of ship that can take advantage in a state of chaos best played at mid-range.

My best performance was a citadel on a broadside Yamato at 19k.

Players
80 posts
12,926 battles
Just now, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

I find it strong against BBs also, particularly Tier 8s. Ships like Bismarck and Tirpitz are cannon fodder. Just dont get focused or you perish quickly.

I use it to support DDs with Radar and AA aswell. Alaska is the kind of ship that can take advantage in a state of chaos.

My best performance was a citadel on a broadside Yamato at 19k.

Oh that's impressive, the best I've managed long range on battleships is a 16km citadel on a Musashi. I've been very pleased at the effective range of the Alaska's guns. Great range is one thing but having really effective guns  at long range feels so empowering, sure it takes a while for your shells to get there but when they do they can be quite devastating.

Players
5,024 posts
6,146 battles

My best is this, though I think freak citadels at max range are kinda rare. Typically, at these kinda ranges, I rather go for HE on BBs.

shot-19_02.28_13_29.46-0355.thumb.jpg.ae5049ee3eaa399cf8d153203f8e5d25.jpg

Also, Alaska holds my personal damage record, which I put up on my first day with the ship. It's a great ship, imo, it isn't really OP, but still decent and for randoms, I prefer it over the Stalingrad, given it's more flexible.

• Cool 1

Players
1,390 posts
5,306 battles
3 hours ago, NoobySkooby said:

Do you play this ship in the same way as you would a BB?

Play it like the roma

Players
1,107 posts
3,521 battles
2 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Play it like the roma

I sold that as it had no range when range is king, so what else do you compare it with BB wise?

Players
80 posts
12,926 battles
6 hours ago, NoobySkooby said:

Do you play this ship in the same way as you would a BB?

Hi NoobySkooby, Alaska plays very well if you keep the cruiser mentality, use cover when you can. You still don't want to show broadside although with better armor it can feel more forgiving at times. Alaska's guns are good enough to citadel virtually all targets within the right range and angles but playing with the cruiser mentality will ensure solid results.

Players
1,390 posts
5,306 battles
34 minutes ago, Adm_Ballsey said:

Hi NoobySkooby, Alaska plays very well if you keep the cruiser mentality, use cover when you can. You still don't want to show broadside although with better armor it can feel more forgiving at times. Alaska's guns are good enough to citadel virtually all targets within the right range and angles but playing with the cruiser mentality will ensure solid results.

Thats how I play Roma

• Cool 1