Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Luke6_31

2cv games

38 comments in this topic

[BOTS]
Beta Tester
25 posts
5,276 battles

You do realise WG that this is crap for gameplay. You do realise this is the worst [edited]thing ever. GET RID OF TWO CV GAMES. PLEASE. Thank you.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4
  • Angry 1

Players
1,108 posts
5,843 battles

I really respect your Clan and would have expected a less emotion driven topic created LOL

• Cool 2

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
3,076 posts
6,133 battles

I like the new CV.

I would also remove dual (or even triple!) CV games.

A single CV can be very effective at spotting in a certain area. It can also accidentally spot lots of stuff as it makes its attack runs.

With two CV this constant spotting and collateral spotting happens in multiple places on a map.

It also means if there is an isolated target they frequently get gang banged by both CV at once. Myself (kaga) and a lexington made an alabama rage because we were both attacking him at once (he was in a cap). Due to the plane cycle speed he was being attacked by something roughly every 5 seconds until he was dead.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
168 posts
8,255 battles

I like 2xCVs games too....then i play wooster, minotaur or DM. But it never happens then :cap_viking:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[SM0KE]
Players
2,992 posts
7,134 battles

I have rather mixed feelings about the whole CV cap thing:

On the one hand, having a hard cap of one CV per team (which on balance, I think I'd like to see) would allow things that aren't AA monsters to be viable again (basically, it would be a similar state of affairs to what we had with RTS), at least some of the time.

On the other, if one can accept being able to play a much reduced roster of ships, dueling with attacking aircraft from two CVs can be quite exciting, and not a foregone conclusion either way. For example, I tip my hat to the drivers of the two CVs who were trying to sink my T8 PA DD last night - they damn near got me with a coordinated torp cross-drop - excellent skills. Even though we ended up losing (I got bushwhacked by a pair of enemy DDs, whilst concentrating too hard on trying to sink one of the CVs), it was one of the more exciting games I've played recently.

I think a cap of one CV per team would be best overall for the game, but I would miss knife-fighting with two lots of enemy planes...

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
3,076 posts
6,133 battles
5 minutes ago, svadilfari said:

literally havent been in a 4cv game in 2+ weeks ...

2 out of 5 games last night were 4CV games. Admittedly I played a CV for all 5 of them, so my chances of getting a 4 CV game were higher :)

• Funny 3

[HOO]
Beta Tester
680 posts
5,559 battles

Nothing wrong with this 2CV.

2cv.thumb.jpg.c394938c0bcc17cec1c71a564208b6e3.jpg

Well, nothing that a well aimed steam-roller wouldn't fix!!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 8

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
875 posts
7,599 battles
36 minutes ago, Zuihou25 said:

I really respect your Clan and would have expected a less emotion driven topic created LOL

Considering the fact that when we encountered them in CW and won we got all magically chat-banned, i cannot really consider myself  impressed or that reacrion as something unexpected,  even though  on this topic, he is right. 2 cvs per side are cacerous for the game

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,842 posts
6,051 battles

OP is right, i was part of a 2 CV combined continuous attack on a single enemy DD untill it was dead. That player had no fun and all the right in the world to complain.

I had no communications with this other CV but i attacked what he/she did and the other way around. There were torpedo sandwiches by 2 torpedo squadrons simultaniously attacking from opposing sides again, be it only 3 torpedo per side ones you can still survive...Now THAT makes CV really overpowered but nerfing is not the answer.....adjusting MM not to put 2 CV per side in a match is, but WG doesnt want to during introduction of new stuff.

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
1,417 posts
10,401 battles
15 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

OP is right, i was part of a 2 CV combined continuous attack on a single enemy DD untill it was dead. That player had no fun and all the right in the world to complain.

I had no communications with this other CV but i attacked what he/she did and the other way around. There were torpedo sandwiches by 2 torpedo squadrons simultaniously attacking from opposing sides again, be it only 3 torpedo per side ones you can still survive...Now THAT makes CV really overpowered but nerfing is not the answer.....adjusting MM not to put 2 CV per side in a match is, but WG doesnt want to during introduction of new stuff.

Did you just type something sensible :cap_fainting:

😉

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,842 posts
6,051 battles
54 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Did you just type something sensible :cap_fainting:

😉

I want a fair game just like everyone else.

[OGHF]
Players
789 posts
12,925 battles

You think 2 x CV is a problem, check this out !!!!!!

( this is NOT a name and shame)

701F010A-BA17-4A3C-87A5-62AE21D63567.thumb.png.7827d29102ae6047af3db286212eebc8.png

[OGHF]
Players
789 posts
12,925 battles
33 minutes ago, DreadArchangel said:

So its bad when 2 cv's combine to take down a ship, but allright for say 2 bb's, 2 ca's or even 2 dd's. Yeah right.....

Disagree ( yes i play CV as well) if a ship fires at you, you can shoot back, if a CV attacks you, all you can do is shoot the planes not the attacking CV.

[TF57]
Players
55 posts
5,885 battles

I don't mind 2x CV's especially if I'm in my Huanghe, the sound of them planes splashing into the sea always puts a smile on my face. 

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,842 posts
6,051 battles
1 hour ago, DreadArchangel said:

So its bad when 2 cv's combine to take down a ship, but allright for say 2 bb's, 2 ca's or even 2 dd's. Yeah right.....

No it's bad when the match has 1 DD per side and it gets targeted by both CV's per side.

It then cannot do what DD's do and it's player will be unhappy. Unhappy players come here and cry nerf. When WG actually listens and slaps stacks of nerfs on CV, that  makes CV players unhappy too.

But the fault was and is MM not having a limit on certain classes that need have a limit.

Players
2,982 posts
3,358 battles
2 hours ago, DreadArchangel said:

The worst of it is, it took TWO carriers multiple attacks to bring a DD (the smallest ship in game) down.

Then what. Are they happy when CVs get so nerfed they can't even take down a rowing boat? 

My my my. I'll remember when a DD gets around my team and starts killing my CV. Happens about 50% of the games.

Usually I'm not there anymore though. :Smile_trollface:

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
726 posts
5,503 battles
4 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

No it's bad when the match has 1 DD per side and it gets targeted by both CV's per side.

It then cannot do what DD's do and it's player will be unhappy. Unhappy players come here and cry nerf. When WG actually listens and slaps stacks of nerfs on CV, that  makes CV players unhappy too.

But the fault was and is MM not having a limit on certain classes that need have a limit.

Additional 16 players per match would be awesome !

That would really bring lots of action to games IMHO.

Players
640 posts
7,763 battles
On 2/28/2019 at 7:49 AM, Verblonde said:

I have rather mixed feelings about the whole CV cap thing:

On the one hand, having a hard cap of one CV per team (which on balance, I think I'd like to see) would allow things that aren't AA monsters to be viable again (basically, it would be a similar state of affairs to what we had with RTS), at least some of the time.

On the other, if one can accept being able to play a much reduced roster of ships, dueling with attacking aircraft from two CVs can be quite exciting, and not a foregone conclusion either way. For example, I tip my hat to the drivers of the two CVs who were trying to sink my T8 PA DD last night - they damn near got me with a coordinated torp cross-drop - excellent skills. Even though we ended up losing (I got bushwhacked by a pair of enemy DDs, whilst concentrating too hard on trying to sink one of the CVs), it was one of the more exciting games I've played recently.

I think a cap of one CV per team would be best overall for the game, but I would miss knife-fighting with two lots of enemy planes...

Yeah, I'm finding i don't particularly mind 2 CVs, the spotting is the only remaining issue for me. I suspect our less capable and adaptable players are the ones who are whining the most. And I make this comment as a solid 50% player. Apparently potatoes don't know how to use sectors or WSAD

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
2,005 posts
13,067 battles
13 hours ago, Flavio1997 said:

Considering the fact that when we encountered them in CW and won we got all magically chat-banned, i cannot really consider myself  impressed or that reacrion as something unexpected,  even though  on this topic, he is right. 2 cvs per side are cacerous for the game

Thing is, you can't report people in CW. You need to send a replay to WG to get something done. If that happens and you get banned you probably deserved it.

• Cool 1

Players
1,067 posts
8,084 battles

For me 2 CV games are something I like once in a while, to mix things up. I think ideally I'd have a healthy mixture of 0, 1 and 2 CV games. 

• Cool 1