OM40

Sound bug

16 comments in this topic

Question

[-CIA-]
Players
211 posts
18,007 battles

there is a sound bug after the patch, after queuing up or finishing the game the sound goes bananas, my ears are bleeding pls WG WTF!!!!!!!!

15 answers to this question

[B0TS]
Players
30 posts
6,979 battles

Seems to me that they added a new sound effect when you log in and then it is repeated when you join battle / return to port, this effect is not controllable from any of the volume sliders or setting so unless you play with all volume sliders at max before patch you get your ears bleeding.

We dont need these shitty sound effects dont fix what aint broke, fix more broken crap 

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
733 posts
5,553 battles

Yeah, sometimes firing rockets sounds like throwing a bowling ball into 520 cans. Other times its a Kung Fu kick or a random 1 second chainsaw at full blast !

These sounds are like in a zombie shocker movie, Im just waiting for the zombies to board the ship.

Hahahahaha :D

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,160 battles

Is it really a bug or maybe you just haven’t noticed that audio settings have been reset? :cap_hmm:

• Funny 1

[-CIA-]
Players
211 posts
18,007 battles
42 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Is it really a bug or maybe you just haven’t noticed that audio settings have been reset? :cap_hmm:

I tuned down everything and i can barely hear the game, and then the sound goes full retard for 2 seconds and back to normal 

• Cool 1

Players
194 posts

All my sound/music stuff was ON and FULL in the options menu. The game also looks a bit blurry and bright?

*edit

I haven't listened any music in battles so I put the volume to 0. I had a boring bit in the battle and just sailed towards the enemy last location and noticed something. Is seagull noises an ambient sound in battle? How about noise of cars speeding past you or honking their horns? I think the ambient noises from my Port of Hamburg are getting in the battle.

[TTT]
Players
4,301 posts
7,937 battles

why oh why am I not surprised that another one of WG's sound updates is a complete disaster... has even one of these ever been popular? They always seemed to make things worse...

Players
3,502 posts
8,211 battles
15 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

why oh why am I not surprised that another one of WG's sound updates is a complete disaster... has even one of these ever been popular? They always seemed to make things worse...

I don't understand what was wrong with the old sound system?

The music seems confused, often wanting to switch like every 5 seconds, it kinda ruins the immersion.

It may have been due to my positioning or something (maybe it was a fluke) but I found this kinda annoying as it kept switching sound tracks every few seconds or so.

[TTT]
Players
4,301 posts
7,937 battles
2 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I don't understand what was wrong with the old sound system?

not much, just like the previous times...

[TOXIC]
Players
4,490 posts
11,458 battles
3 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Seems kinda a waste of resources?

Sometimes I get a feeling that they have a special "sound department" that just has nothing to do but they need to justify their paychecks somehow. So they mess up the sound from time to time, then they have another month or two they spend fixing things they f*cked-up... and half a year of work for everyone is there! :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[EUR]
Players
370 posts
4,103 battles

game is unlayable for me, too distracted by weird sounds i cant figure out how to fix and the fps are acting up like crazy

• Cool 1