You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

March Combat Missions: British Power

49 comments in this topic

[BBMM]
[BBMM]
Beta Tester, Players
160 posts
2,669 battles

Marathon relegated to just certain nations per stage. Not for me, I'll sit this one out.

• Cool 2

[-NFG-]
Players
150 posts
6,478 battles

The very very first mission....

Destroy 30 enemy aircraft.

Battle type restrictions: Random, Co-op, and Ranked Battles.

So ONLY RANDOM THEN :etc_swear:  I guess we might be able to get 30 spotter planes in a month....

• Cool 4
  • Funny 6

[PUPSI]
Privateer
7,367 posts
Vor 3 Minuten, Xanta99 sagte:

So ONLY RANDOM THEN

basically it is only random, one task is to collect achievements...which are not available in Co-op...and since there is no Ranked ongoing...

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
61 posts
15,353 battles

Sneaky. No word on the Knight of Devon mission which you can only complete if you buy Exeter which is right now only available in the big bundle version.

Also, limited list of nations for the missions imo is fine as long as there is no opposing restriction when it comes to targets (*cough* kill Russian ships).

Most of the tasks can be done in Coop - but I don't really think there is a reason why you would need to. If you really don't want to play Random, though, I guess you're out of luck

• Cool 2

[T-W-D]
[T-W-D]
Beta Tester
67 posts
11,912 battles
25 minutes ago, Xanta99 said:

The very very first mission....

Destroy 30 enemy aircraft.

Battle type restrictions: Random, Co-op, and Ranked Battles.

So ONLY RANDOM THEN :etc_swear:  I guess we might be able to get 30 spotter planes in a month....

Destroying aircraft used to be a simple matter of playing a cv game or two in any type of battle.  Not now of course.  Now its truly 'random':

Random game

Random chance of cv in game

Random chance cv will attack my ship

Random shooting of my ship AA

Random damage caused

Random chance aircraft shot down

Feeling lucky? :-)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[KURLA]
Players
80 posts
11,978 battles
2 hours ago, King_Khazi said:

Destroying aircraft used to be a simple matter of playing a cv game or two in any type of battle.  Not now of course.  Now its truly 'random':

Random game

Random chance of cv in game

Random chance cv will attack my ship

Random shooting of my ship AA

Random damage caused

Random chance aircraft shot down

Feeling lucky? :-)

division with a CV, try to be a good CV target like a BB or a stalingrad (it has good AA).
u should be done with it in 1-2 games

[TOXIC]
Players
4,495 posts
11,458 battles
3 hours ago, Leutnant_Kramer said:

Sneaky. No word on the Knight of Devon mission which you can only complete if you buy Exeter which is right now only available in the big bundle version.

(...)

Oh, but that mission is in the client currently. It ends on 22, making sure that no FTP peasant will get a shot at that :Smile_teethhappy:

[BOBS3]
[BOBS3]
Players
454 posts
28 minutes ago, Wikator_likwidator said:

Can somebody please clarify how to get the Błyskawica camo? Thanks. 

It says in the news post 20 daily-missions, which are normally counted from the first of each month, so you should be able to start working on getting it tomorrow.

[_CSR_]
Players
35 posts
4,646 battles

So final part of the chain starts on 22nd and you got only till 22nd to finish the Exeter missions...

• Cool 1

[AJX]
Beta Tester
35 posts
17,240 battles

I am pleased to finally see HMS Exeter in game, a ship and crew that my father's cousin knew well and watched on 13th December 1939 from his ship HMS Ajax as HMS Exeter was repeatedly hit and set on fire by accurate straddles from the SMS Graf Spee until finally disappearing in smoke and flame over the horizon. He was wounded in the leg and would have convalesced with the many injured sailors from HMS Exeter at Port Stanley over Christmas 1939 as the rest of HMS Exeter's crew worked hard to repair the ship just enough to be able sail to the nearest Commonwealth port facility in Southern Africa.

• Cool 4

[ZWEIP]
Players
4 posts
16,496 battles

In the Mission briefing stuff, below the illustration charts of the new UK carriers, it shows an exchange rate of 5 Crowns for 40 Florins. I do not have this option in my Arsenal & I think I am going to need it. My Crowns 46 & Florins 160 on this first day, so will be well short of Florins at this rate. I only have the 2000 Doubloons for 50 Crowns exchange shown as available.

Beta Tester
61 posts
15,353 battles
1 hour ago, jack_clegg said:

In the Mission briefing stuff, below the illustration charts of the new UK carriers, it shows an exchange rate of 5 Crowns for 40 Florins. I do not have this option in my Arsenal & I think I am going to need it. My Crowns 46 & Florins 160 on this first day, so will be well short of Florins at this rate. I only have the 2000 Doubloons for 50 Crowns exchange shown as available.

Huh, WG is even more sneaky than I noticed initially. I was only looking at the Crowns (the rare currencies typically having been those with lower numbers, also there are many more sales for Florins) and (assuming a constant 20 per Directive, 320 total) there should be more than enough of those to get all three carriers by the fourth week (300 total needed; especially considering the 120 you can get through daily missions). Should have gone by color (Florins are golden).

For the three carriers you also need 3900 Florins. You get at best 800 from containers from directives (again assuming consistent rewards), 1200 from daily missions and 100 from daily shipments, for a total of 2100, 1800 short of the carriers. Even if you get to exchange Crowns for Florins at some point (at 1:8), for those (at most) 140 Crowns above the 300 you need, you would get only 1120 Florins. So unless there's some way to get Florins WG has not mentioned yet, you would at least  have to spend 4000 doubloons on additional Crowns (if the exchange is added) or seven appropriate loot boxes (or 18, if no exchange is added). Well, or you could buy an Exeter and complete the mission for 300 Florins, leaving 2000 doubloons worth of Florins or four loot boxes.

By the way, those exchange rates for other things you can buy for Florins are a bit wonky, too. Assuming the exchange rate of Crowns to Florins 1:8 and doubloons to Crowns 2000:50, a premium day costs 1500 doubloons, you can get an exchange rate of doubloons to credits via Crowns and Florins of 1:800 and you can even get e.g. Equal Speed Charlie London signals at a cost of 96 doubloons (instead of the normal 16). I know that the event currencies aren't intended to be used this way but I just thought it fit right into the rest of this post.

Well, for some reason I now went from "Let's get those carriers into my port" to "Why do I even keep playing and supporting this game?"

• Cool 2

[BOBS3]
[BOBS3]
Players
454 posts
2 hours ago, jack_clegg said:

Rules page says:

Crowns can only be exchanged for the bundles with aircraft carriers. Any remaining Crowns can be converted into Florins at an exchange rate of 1 to 8, but only during the fourth week of Update 0.8.1. Florins can be exchanged at any time, and for any other in-game items: credits, Warships Premium Account time, Union Jack camouflage patterns, or combat and economic signals.

Is a thread with calculations of how many Crowns and Florins might be available:

[BAD-B]
Players
877 posts
2,506 battles

HMS Exeter, here I come ... finally a reason to play the game since 0.8.0.1 ...

Beta Tester
112 posts
7,461 battles

why it's limited to t5-8 ships (CAs and DDs) ? why not 5 to 10?! why not BBs?!

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,197 posts
20 hours ago, The_EURL_Guy said:

updated weekly!

Read it on the portal

Why don't you post a fully monthly digest up front? So people know how to plan accordingly. Like you did in the earlier part of 2018.

[W-C]
2,488 posts
6,713 battles
15 hours ago, cobrazax said:

division with a CV, try to be a good CV target like a BB or a stalingrad (it has good AA).

Too bad stalin is a tier 10 then...not tier 8

[HOO]
2,197 posts
15 hours ago, cobrazax said:

Mission has to be done in US, UK or Commonwealth cruisers or DD's... So they either have no AA, or are known to be AA powerhouses and are thus avoided.

[ZWEIP]
Players
4 posts
16,496 battles
18 hours ago, Johmie said:

Rules page says:

Is a thread with calculations of how many Crowns and Florins might be available:

Cheers Johmie. Very informative.

I don't mind getting just the tier 4 & 6 UK Carriers early. Tier 8 can be had in the normal grindy way. Is there any real rush one wonders? 

BTW, I'm enjoying the new carrier play. Nerfs or not, they are quite good fun for me. Am practising a lot now & would say the new rework is a great success here (but DDs might disagree). 

Alpha Tester
10 posts
5,268 battles

Is this bugged, I've completed 1-1 and 1-2 but I have not been given the next mission 1-3? 

[GJE]
Players
7 posts
3,072 battles

It's just so sad to see the Exeter-mission Knights of Devon end before we can actually earn the Exeter for free.

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
1,452 posts
3,769 battles

According to this article, stage 4-3 is "Over any number of battles; sink 3 enemy ships.". According to the other article, it's "Destroy 3 enemy ships in a single battle".

So, which one is it?

• Cool 1