Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

35 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,664 posts
2,543 battles

Captains.

In update 0.8.2 the Arsenal will receive new functionality and a new name - Armory.

We've also decided to add about 50 premium ships to it, that will be available for purchase for doubloons. This will increase the value of doubloons, as many of you have been requesting.

We also removed some of the premium ships from the tech tree to focus it on the researchable ships. Later on we're planning to extend the selection so that you always have an extensive selection of ships to purchase for doubloons.

• Cool 8

[HOB]
1,430 posts
6,158 battles

What about discounts? Is it possible to buy ship without captain and port slot? Or will be it added for free?

[SCRUB]
Players
8,144 posts
10,647 battles
27 minutes ago, Silentraz said:

What about discounts? Is it possible to buy ship without captain and port slot? Or will be it added for free?

I presume ships available for doubloons won't be eligible for discount coupons, but will have the usual seasonal discounts.

32 minutes ago, MrConway said:

We've also decided to add about 50 premium ships to it, that will be available for purchase for doubloons. This will increase the value of doubloons, as many of you have been requesting.

Any chance we might get a list?

33 minutes ago, MrConway said:

We also removed some of the premium ships from the tech tree to focus it on the researchable ships.

Is it possible to still show premium ships a player owns in the techtree? For people who collected a lot of ships it can be much more convenient to just go to the techtree and select the ship there than scrolling through the carousel.

• Cool 5

Players
46 posts
10,360 battles
35 minutes ago, MrConway said:

When can we get a list of these ships please, and if possible also the price  :) 

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,664 posts
2,543 battles
35 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

I presume ships available for doubloons won't be eligible for discount coupons, but will have the usual seasonal discounts.

Any chance we might get a list?

Is it possible to still show premium ships a player owns in the techtree? For people who collected a lot of ships it can be much more convenient to just go to the techtree and select the ship there than scrolling through the carousel.

No, the regular coupons there will not work.

5ccc8ddf7e54fe6116ee14d722dfc4da.png

There will be a list published closer to release of the next update.

And no, premium ships will be removed from the tech-tree completely, we felt it was getting very crowded there. If you really want you can probably still use an extended tech-tree mod to put them back in.

35 minutes ago, CaptainObvious007 said:

When can we get a list of these ships please, and if possible also the price  :) 

There will be a list closer to release, but barring any discounts the prices should simply be the doubloon prices of each ship. You can look those up in the wiki.

[KURLA]
Players
890 posts
17,460 battles

Just gone through the wiki for current and upcoming premiums and excluding ships already in the Arsenal, black, lima, collaboration-, event- and removed ones there's about 77 candidates.

@MrConwaywould it be reasonable to assume, that removed ships or ships available for other ressources are not re-introduced for dubloons in that move ?

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,160 battles
9 minutes ago, MrConway said:

And no, premium ships will be removed from the tech-tree completely, we felt it was getting very crowded there. If you really want you can probably still use an extended tech-tree mod to put them back in.

But... why? Removing selling them from tech tree (or rather moving that to Arsenal) makes sense. But why wouldn’t the tech tree display ships I own?

As Aotearas said - when you have lots of ships tech tree becomes a rather convenient way to switch between them

And the mod can & does result in many unnecesary side effects, including some rather annoying bugs. Why would I fall back to that?

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,664 posts
2,543 battles
19 minutes ago, rnat said:

Just gone through the wiki for current and upcoming premiums and excluding ships already in the Arsenal, black, lima, collaboration-, event- and removed ones there's about 77 candidates.

@MrConwaywould it be reasonable to assume, that removed ships or ships available for other ressources are not re-introduced for dubloons in that move ?

Yes, it would be reasonable to assume that :)

17 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

But... why? Removing selling them from tech tree (or rather moving that to Arsenal) makes sense. But why wouldn’t the tech tree display ships I own?

As Aotearas said - when you have lots of ships tech tree becomes a rather convenient way to switch between them

And the mod can & does result in many unnecesary side effects, including some rather annoying bugs. Why would I fall back to that?

With some of the trees we were already struggling to get all of the ships displayed at all of the resolutions the game runs at - we've just run out of space.

Just use the search feature in the carousel, that works great for finding ships! :)

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,679 posts
5,857 battles

@MrConway - Silly point perhaps, but can we have it in English please - Armoury. :)

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,664 posts
2,543 battles
30 minutes ago, philjd said:

@MrConway - Silly point perhaps, but can we have it in English please - Armoury. :)

I'll suggest it, you are of course right on insisting.

• Cool 2

[BABBY]
[BABBY]
Players
9 posts
15,071 battles

Lack of space might be a good reason, however I doubt that you can check on the armor viewer on ships you don't own and not in the techtree.

I'm sure your intentions are good, however I'd like to have the option to check on ANY ship's armour profile at any time in port.

There is a mod called "extended tech tree" in aslain's mod pack fortunately which does this exactly. But at some point the Tech Tree interface has to be updated.

• Cool 5

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,160 battles
2 hours ago, MrConway said:

With some of the trees we were already struggling to get all of the ships displayed at all of the resolutions the game runs at - we've just run out of space.

3 hours ago, MrConway said:

So... you (WG) ran out of space, but the mod didn't? How exactly does that work?

• Funny 2

Players
3,088 posts
13,995 battles

I'm sure that WG will figure out a way to tell you what ships you already own.

The Arsenal ALREADY DOES THIS for Coal/Steel ships! :Smile_smile:

[TTT]
Players
4,294 posts
7,937 battles
2 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

So... you (WG) ran out of space, but the mod didn't? How exactly does that work?

probably because the mod doesnt have to care one bit about things still looking vaguely decent?^^

just for a bit of context... anyone know (or willing to count) how many ships are currently available for dubloons ingame? Pretty sure it's less than 50, but how much of an increase are we getting here?

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,160 battles
13 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

just for a bit of context... anyone know (or willing to count) how many ships are currently available for dubloons ingame? Pretty sure it's less than 50, but how much of an increase are we getting here?

Well, I'm counting 32 gold premiums in tech tree right now. Many of them are owned however, so I'm not sure if they're all for sale or are some of them shown only because I own them

Players
1 post
280 battles

First hello to WOW,

Maybe this is not a place, I saw that this thread is about premium ships so I decided to write a comment.

I started with game about month ago, but I'm familiar with principle of the game because I've been in tanks actively for several years. Everything is ok, premium vehicles, premium account, premium ammunition, etc. However, the problem of outstanding OP premium tanks definitely in my opinion has a negative impact on the game. The strongholds and the clan battles turned into a battle of few types of premium tanks. The game has lost its diversity and is extremely favored by players who have come in possession of outstanding OP vehicles. It's pretty much annoying, enough for the thought of giving up one standard player.

To shorten the story: please, please, please do not make outstanding OP ships. 

The first impression is that some of the concepts I have noticed here are more advanced and more serious (eg. communication with the community), which I hope is contributing to the development of balanced diversity and accessibility of the game, which should be the ultimate goal of a high-quality game platform.  Serious and mature approach to the complicated game mechanics is a precondition for success. Balancing some tanks in WOT reminds me of the projects of loaded kids, not professional development team.

We'll see, I hope the best for the game.

Best regards....

• Cool 1

[WWGU]
Players
468 posts
8,216 battles
On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 2:42 PM, MrConway said:

Just use the search feature in the carousel, that works great for finding ships! :)

Sorry @MrConway, but the filters seem to need upgrading too.

It needs less coarse filter option, such as premiums that have the daily bonus. Tick these two and you get both categories.

Also to be able filter based on the commander assigned. I often find that I'm looking for a low level commander to train up. Or for my L19 commander as I have lost track of which US premium he's in.

:cap_look:

[B-A-R]
Players
152 posts
9,610 battles
On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 6:33 PM, wilkatis_LV said:

Well it means WG doesn't support any Mod Pack, but heck, when these Mods do a better job then WG, WG isn't complaining at all. Because the Modpacks solve the issue players can have but that WG (payed employees) doesn't have to solve because others do it for free. 

WG is only against other Mod packs , because they seem to know what customers like in the game. And they do it for free. 

And at the other hand, WG is refering to other Modpacks, when it isn't able to solve an issue what they self create. 

How can a Gamedevelopper doesn't show it's own tech tree ? 

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
7,230 posts
Vor 46 Minuten, Hundigo sagte:

How can a Gamedevelopper doesn't show it's own tech tree ? 

the tech trees show all ships that can be bought there with credits or doubloons, so they are fully ok...

Am 1.3.2019 um 18:33, wilkatis_LV sagte:

So... you (WG) ran out of space, but the mod didn't?

of course the mod also runs out of space, but it doesn't care...

[B-A-R]
Players
152 posts
9,610 battles

I take a break anyway. There's no such thing as 'free to play', because then you are the meat for them. 

They (WG) shall answer also , I know for sure, because they have to explain their own gamemechanics.  When I stop playing the game, more shall stop. Because of this ;  I have the most oil in the clan.   I stop the game but they can do me nothing because I can be absence for 59 days as commander of a clan. 

I'm not gonna motivate other players in the game anymore because the lack of explanations by WG. The game becamed totally boring with the new CV update anyway. Most members are inactive, just because the new update's. I don't care neither anymore; Let more become inactive, like me after this evening. 

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,664 posts
2,543 battles

On 3/1/2019 at 6:33 PM, wilkatis_LV said:

A mod doesn't have to ensure that it works on all possible systems and supported resolutions and also might not have the same visual standards set for itself that the game does.

We'll see what can be done to make the premiums more easily visible in future.

• Cool 1

[BAD-B]
Players
876 posts
2,506 battles
On 3/1/2019 at 3:42 PM, MrConway said:

Yes, it would be reasonable to assume that :)

Then create a subflag for premium ships ? Like Silver lined flag for silver ships and gold lined flag next to it for Premiums ????

Oh wait, that would make the Polish tree look mighty stupid with empty silver flag ...

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,591 posts
8,102 battles
On 3/4/2019 at 5:53 PM, Hugh_Ruka said:

Then create a subflag for premium ships ? Like Silver lined flag for silver ships and gold lined flag next to it for Premiums ????

Oh wait, that would make the Polish tree look mighty stupid with empty silver flag ...

not only the Polish one.... Don't forget there's Commonwealth and (yet) Italian too.

On Topic:

Nice changes!

But from what I taken from this is that there are a few ships that won't be in the Armoury that were available for dubloons before because the numbers don't add up.

Or are those "missing" ships those ships that are currently still €-shop only and actualy all Premiums that got/get allowed into ingame shop will (re)appear? (without the banned/removed ones ofc.)

Players
201 posts
10,091 battles

One special premium nations should be added to tech tree showing all premium ships in game. I want that but on other hand how many premium ships we have ingame?  70-80? That will be also a lot of space needed and probably wont fit on one screen.