You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RamboCras

assignment: shoot 30 planes. No CVs?

25 comments in this topic

[DGH-W]
[DGH-W]
Players
76 posts
12,677 battles

Where are the carriers? I have played almost 10 games and NO carriers.

I'm in my Kidd (together with my Grozovoi my best AA ships- don't laugh, it's true) but I have not seen a single CV in a game this morning.

The meta of the play is already FUBAR'd, but now they FUBAR'd the CVs so much no one wants to play in them? Great idea to have a shoot planes assignment in the FLY STRIKE WIN assignments. You can leave FLY out of the title I think.

Thanks for the Alaska, can we no go back to pre 0.8.0?

• Cool 1

[SHEN]
Moderator, Moderator
1,428 posts
10,437 battles

Shoot planes require you play Cruiser or BB.

CVs can't shoot enough planes

Add the boring gameplay, many nerfs, many Alaska with AA

Result expected : Low number of CV !

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
6,124 battles
4 hours ago, RamboCras said:

I'm in my Kidd (together with my Grozovoi my best AA ships- don't laugh, it's true) but I have not seen a single CV in a game this morning.

The meta of the play is already FUBAR'd, but now they FUBAR'd the CVs so much no one wants to play in them? Great idea to have a shoot planes assignment in the FLY STRIKE WIN assignments. You can leave FLY out of the title I think.

I just killed 2 single in a match DD's with a CV in 2 matches.....not many DD around either.

In one of those matches i was together with another CV, we both went after the single DD which was not pretty. It looked like how male ducks rape a female duck. To add to this players frustration i hit with 5 rockets in smoke guessing where he should be.

Maybe it's for the better you see not much CV....and becareful what you wish for, with the UK ones finally unlocked you probably wish you hadn't said that.

[DGH-W]
[DGH-W]
Players
76 posts
12,677 battles
15 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

Maybe it's for the better you see not much CV....and becareful what you wish for, with the UK ones finally unlocked you probably wish you hadn't said that.

Depends a bit, Groz and Kidd have repair and AA consumable. I have done 30+ plane kills with both already in double CV games. :))))

So for the assignment, it is very good.

[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
6,124 battles
10 minutes ago, RamboCras said:

Depends a bit, Groz and Kidd have repair and AA consumable. I have done 30+ plane kills with both already in double CV games. :))))

So for the assignment, it is very good.

If a CV attacks another CV such a mission is done very fast too.....there is no more powerfull AA ship then the CV itself. Too bad it can't be used to protect other ships. ( until all enemy ships are dead and only enemy CV remain )

There will be more CV again if players unlock them, but i recon that will take a while for the mass to achieve.

[BAD-B]
Players
877 posts
2,506 battles
19 hours ago, HipSGuinness said:

CVs can't shoot enough planes

Add the boring gameplay, many nerfs, many Alaska with AA

Result expected : Low number of CV !

Further proof they don't understand their own game ...

Players
3,502 posts
8,203 battles
20 hours ago, RamboCras said:

Best you could do is to div up with a CV.

I did this shortly before 8.0, I ended up ina  CV game by chance and then asked both allied and enemy CV if they wanted to team up with my wooster and one of them accepted. I got a couple nice medals from that little expedition :Smile_Default:

Iirc there was an official divisions channel in the game, but last time I remember going there it was either empty or full of germans trying to recruit clanmembers or something?

But just ask around in your clan (I'm in bad luck as barely anyone in my clan seems to play CV a lot these days. We used to have a quite good CV player in the clan though, good times :Smile-_tongue:).

But ask around and team up with a carrier. I ended up taking my Shokaku out for the remaining 5 plane kills I needed for missions and needed several attempts mostly due to matchmaking making it very hard for me and my own inexperience with how CVs are currently tweaked (as I barely play them these days, they aren't that fun anymore so little motivation).

[PEC]
Players
344 posts
1,785 battles

Loads of CV's in T4 through T7.... must just be the T10 CV's refusing to play in the (deluded) hope that RTS is returning.

Plus, if you Div up with a CV you'll get benefits. I'd happily bring my T6 CV into a T5 div to avoid ugly MM and help people kill planes.

[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
6,124 battles
1 hour ago, WynnZeroOne said:

I'd happily bring my T6 CV into a T5 div to avoid ugly MM and help people kill planes.

Have you noticed when you are in a -1 tier match  your credits after well performing and winning will actually be minus a couple of tens thousands ?

Doing damage to lower tier ships with a CV pays even less then being shoved in a +2 tier match.

[B-F-M]
Weekend Tester
4,059 posts

no CV is one problem...

CRASHED SERVERs like actually... next problem....

• Cool 1

[PEC]
Players
344 posts
1,785 battles
11 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Have you noticed when you are in a -1 tier match  your credits after well performing and winning will actually be minus a couple of tens thousands ?

Doing damage to lower tier ships with a CV pays even less then being shoved in a +2 tier match.

Yeah, but playable and survivable are more fun than one run per squadron and watching your planes drop like spent fireworks on ungrateful-colonial day.

[DGH-W]
[DGH-W]
Players
76 posts
12,677 battles
1 hour ago, Pyrdacor said:

CRASHED SERVERs like actually... next problem....

yes, I can't play at this moment either...

that means they are down for 1 hr at least. Must be some serious issue.

Players
3,502 posts
8,203 battles

I'm also kinda wondering where the carriers are now (yes I know I responded earlier in this thread).

Needing 30 plane kills for the Exeter, I've so far managed to obtain a glorious zero plane kills with the required ships so far.

There seemed to be quite a bit of Hermes's floating about yesterday, but needing a tier 5 ship I get alotted to tier 7 games which don't even contain any carriers it seems.

In my clan there's hardly anyone playing carrier and I don't even want to bother searching my friendslist as it takes a minute to even open it up and the lag spikes annoy me to hell. Looks like for me my experience with the Exeter marathon will sink while not even having left the port.

[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
6,124 battles

I make it a point out of frustration of all the CV nerfing to deny every class that wants that mission to not be  shot at by them. I kill CV's and BB's untill that mission is gone and avoid all Cruiser and DD fire.

Make those nerf crying players  feel frustration too.

I'm sure it will make little difference. But it makes a point.

[GCMPL]
[GCMPL]
Players
71 posts
7,489 battles
On 2/28/2019 at 12:34 PM, RamboCras said:

I'm in my Kidd (together with my Grozovoi my best AA ships- don't laugh, it's true)

I belive you. I saw what grozovoi can do to planes. It was sick. One Single DD and took rocket planes like they were only some paper planes.

CV's get's with each patch nerf. Now it was flooding mechanic without change to DMG output of CV. They have now weak flood chance and weak dmg. Flooding ist shorter and weaker. I know that WG didn't intend to nerf planes. They didn't think about what it will cause.

Now CV's are way underpowered. If i met some, they have some really weak stats. or those stats are still in part pre NERF stats.

On 3/2/2019 at 12:43 PM, NothingButTheRain said:

Needing 30 plane kills for the Exeter, I've so far managed to obtain a glorious zero plane kills with the required ships so far.

If you need vs Yamato 51 Midway planes to make hardly 25-30 k DMG:-)? That is power

We need to wait for all fixes they are preparing.

1. Fix to dying planes after strike

2. Overlaping of AA

I would like to see some dmg boost wehn floodings are so nerfed now

Players
19 posts
2,043 battles

Fed up.

Been trying to FIND 30 planes to shoot down since Friday in T6-7 random matches... somehow managed 18 so far, but at least 5 of those were BB or Cruiser planes.

I have not even seen a carrier in about 2 hours.

Will now proceed to yolo until I find one, because I want to finish at least this partial mission today.

Sorry for the waste of tonnage, but if the only way to finish a mission is to spam random matches until you get lucky and find carriers, then that´s exactly what I´m going to do.

[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
6,124 battles

I was wondering.....trying to get some mission requirements done faster ( did finish the Exeter ones ) i did Coop and many of my ships shot bot recon planes down.....do these count too ?

If so it can save you frustration......albeit it will not be a fast way to do it.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,490 posts
11,458 battles
14 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

I was wondering.....trying to get some mission requirements done faster ( did finish the Exeter ones ) i did Coop and many of my ships shot bot recon planes down.....do these count too ?

If so it can save you frustration......albeit it will not be a fast way to do it.

All planes should count unless something was changed in that regard in the rework (but I doubt that). So yes, technically you can just shoot down the scouts and fulfill the requirements this way... but it will take FOREVER.

[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
6,124 battles

I'm playing CV again...T6 UK one....pretty bad planes compared to US and IJN. Should be easy to kill masses of them. I see them coming into the game now more too.

[DGH-W]
[DGH-W]
Players
76 posts
12,677 battles

Just had a Double CV a side game in my Grozovoi.... 47 (yes 47) plane kills.

What is weird is sometimes you seem to make little damage, but 1 full squad was completely shredded before they reached me.

[DGH-W]
[DGH-W]
Players
76 posts
12,677 battles
On 3/3/2019 at 2:19 PM, Sanepidi said:

We need to wait for all fixes they are preparing.

it would be nice if once in a while (more often then now), call it gunners expertise or sheer firepower, you shoot one of the incoming planes so fewer torps are dropped.

[DGH-W]
[DGH-W]
Players
76 posts
12,677 battles
On 2/28/2019 at 1:37 PM, HipSGuinness said:

I disagree, I play DD. I play Kidd or Grozovoi

- when planes see you, it's too late and they are within AA range

- you can switch the zone in  3 seconds so attacking planes are always facing 150% AA

- Besides the 150%, you have the AA consumable

- Carriers want to focus you with their rocket planes so they bring the planes to you to farm

Just played a 2 CV a side game, Grozovoi got 47 planes.

[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
6,124 battles
5 minutes ago, RamboCras said:

Just had a Double CV a side game in my Grozovoi.... 47 (yes 47) plane kills.

What is weird is sometimes you seem to make little damage, but 1 full squad was completely shredded before they reached me.

Maybe you were not shooting at them alone ?

[DGH-W]
[DGH-W]
Players
76 posts
12,677 battles
Just now, Beastofwar said:

Maybe you were not shooting at them alone ?

I was alone. I was almost in cap and no other ships near enough. They came from the enemy side so I am absolutely sure it was just me. A full squad and none were smoking coming from the enemy side,  I assume 100% health.

I don't have it every game, but sometimes I wipe out the squad completely and in this case even before it reached me. Maybe it is then a tier VIII carrier against my tier X Grozovoi? All of them right in my flack?

My Groz is fairly AA specked. When I zone it goes to 150%, it has the AA consumable.

(Yesterday I killed 47 planes with the Grozovoi in a game it that had 2 CVs a side)