Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Colonel_Boom

In your opinion, is the updated aircraft carrier type suited to Ranked Battles?

13 comments in this topic

[TTT]
Players
4,294 posts
7,937 battles

since Ranked is just Randoms under a different name and with increased salt levels, I dont see why they wouldn't fit in...

• Funny 1

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
875 posts
7,599 battles

No, they don't  fit, as every sort of more "competitive " play, where positioning is very important,  having a ship that can spot anyone when he wants is gamebraking, especially now that you can't  really protect your  allies. I'm  talking abouth both ranked or, even worse, cws. And I'm  talking as a good rts cvs player

• Cool 3

[KURLA]
Players
890 posts
17,460 battles

With no more non-local hard counter for CVs and fewer ships per team to provide AA and to disperse the CVs attention it would be an over spotting and harassment nightmare for the DDs.

Given the typically BB-heavy meta, which is kind of funny since it's kind of self-enforcing and the usually questionable team-play i don't see any friendly AA bubbles to help the DDs out much either.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
1,851 posts
15,874 battles

No pointless you have close to none carry capacity and since they want to emphisise less damage more spotting phylosophy it will get even worse, expecting a random crowd to focus fire and make proper use of that spotting is utopia

[KURLA]
Players
890 posts
17,460 battles
4 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

No pointless you have close to none carry capacity and since they want to emphisise less damage more spotting phylosophy it will get even worse, expecting a random crowd to focus fire and make proper use of that spotting is utopia

Imagine one of the DDs being a Kitakaze, Grozovoi, Kidd what have you. If the opposing DD is spotted why not happily smoke up and start raining fire on the enemy ?

You don't really need the team to focus. 1-2 ships are usually enough to force a smoke or drive the DD away, chances are even both. Heck an incessant strike-plane spam might do the job.

That's a free cap for your team if i've ever seen one.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
1,851 posts
15,874 battles

@rnatBecouse while i spot my planes tend to drop off the sky especially since i have to fly back and forth over a dd (inside his aa range btw) and i have limited time over him even if i dont do an attack run?

Players
71 posts
5,033 battles

I don't know, After playing them and beginning to understand its playstyle, i begin to have more fun in playing them. They still need balance changes but the playstyle could be interesting in a ranked setting.

19 minutes ago, Flavio1997 said:

No, they don't  fit, as every sort of more "competitive " play, where positioning is very important,  having a ship that can spot anyone when he wants is gamebraking, especially now that you can't  really protect your  allies. I'm  talking abouth both ranked or, even worse, cws. And I'm  talking as a good rts cvs player

Your fighter consumable is actually very effective at protecting allies from enemy strikes and you can continuously hold off an enemy CV for 3 min with a single squadron because of the very low cooldown. Regular fighter consumables are also very effective.

Beta Tester
4,528 posts
9,851 battles

Could it be worse than what ranked was this season?

And just lol at people wanting to protect gameplay that's basicly half a team worth of BBs sitting in the rear taking potshots and playing for top xp before playing to win.

People arguing against it failing to realise that a lack of CVs, and continued BB buffs is what's causing the current meta, not the other way around.

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,842 posts
6,051 battles

I answered only at same tier matches. If not they are either overpowered or weakening the team.

If used well they are perfectly suited for coordinated team support. They can make enemy ships evade torpedo's and expose their broadsides when they were planning on tanking incoming damage, and this is only one example what CV could do for a team. They can expose dangerous "missing" enemy DD in a map by being able to search the map much faster. The ship itself can cap if remaining ships fight elsewehere. It is just very usefull for support if you let it be.

[KURLA]
Players
890 posts
17,460 battles
20 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Becouse while i spot my planes tend to drop off the sky especially since i have to fly back and forth over a dd (inside his aa range btw) and i have limited time over him even if i dont do an attack run?

There are not that many DDs, unless mostly/fully AA built, that can effectively deny a same-tier CV.

Against most DDs you will loose some planes, but with decent maneuvering you can avoid the majority of dmg and recover most of your squad (either after striking or by recalling later) and pop fighters before leaving.

And given how litttle time it takes to bring a fresh squad into action that is potentially 5-10 minutes of at least high-frequency intermittent spotting.