You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Discrepancy in "Alaska" prices (for cash and for FreeXP if one converts "Regular XP" to "Free XP" with Doubloons) - deliberate or accidental?

36 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,337 posts
9,762 battles

Hi all,

Discrepancy in "Alaska" prices (for cash and for FreeXP if one converts "Regular XP" to "Free XP" with Doubloons) - deliberate or accidental?

AFAIK prices and economy in WoWs were, more or less, standardized and there were no big discrepancies IIRC.

But with "Alaska" now available for both cash in "Premium Shop" and via "Free XP" (which can be obtained for those who need it by converting "Regular XP" to "Free XP" with Doubloons) there is significant difference now...

I wonder if that is deliberate or accidental?

What do you think guys?

Leo "Apollo11"

• Boring 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,595 posts
8,106 battles
15 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

AFAIK prices and economy in WoWs were, more or less, standardized and there were no big discrepancies IIRC.

But with "Alaska" now available for both cash in "Premium Shop" and via "Free XP" (which can be obtained for those who need it by converting "Regular XP" to "Free XP" with Doubloons) there is significant difference now...

I wonder if that is deliberate or accidental?

What do you think guys?

Leo "Apollo11"

It's obviously deliberate as in 1 Dubloon for 25 free xp is the real price WG wants to take for gaining free xp for money, but they can't really ask for 131 € (1M : 25 =40k dubs= 131,60€) for Alaska because then hardly anyone would buy it. Even the discounted value of 1 dub=35 free xp which would cost 94,35 € (1M : 35= 28.572=94,35€) is a steep price for a Tier IX...

Meanwhile Jean Bart costs only 66 quids.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,337 posts
9,762 battles

Hi all,

7 minutes ago, Panocek said:

I don't see Alaska in le store... yet.

Not on EU (yet) but on RU and NA... we will have it later today most likely...

5 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

And how much is this discrepancy? :Smile-_tongue:

Apparently quite big...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Bad 1

Beta Tester
110 posts
5,615 battles

Wasnt the Missouri like 750k Free XP, why is the Alaska 1Million does it print more credits ?

[NWP]
Players
5,177 posts
6,629 battles
5 minutes ago, OddityNZ said:

Wasnt the Missouri like 750k Free XP, why is the Alaska 1Million does it print more credits ?

FreeXP is easier to earn these days. I think its ok that its more expensive now. 750k when Missouri was available took you quite some time. Nowadays? 1 million aint that much really.

Players
3,089 posts
14,041 battles
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

FreeXP is easier to earn these days. I think its ok that its more expensive now. 750k when Missouri was available took you quite some time. Nowadays? 1 million aint that much really.

Agreed. So we have to add "Free XP" creep to "Power" creep and "Premium Ship" creep.

Wargaming is full of creeps these days! :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[NWP]
Players
5,177 posts
6,629 battles
3 minutes ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

Agreed. So we have to add "Free XP" creep to "Power" creep and "Premium Ship" creep.

I really wonder where this will end someday :cap_yes:

Players
225 posts
9,125 battles

But you can get doubloons cheeper occasionally.

So how much it is if you take under consideration all possible discounts?

Does 30% coupons drop still? I have not seen one in ages.

As it is a cruiser I am not buying it unless it is in 100EURO bundle with something usefull for ships I play. :Smile_hiding:

[ORSA]
Players
113 posts
3,300 battles
1 hour ago, Miessa3 said:

Meanwhile Jean Bart costs only 66 quids.

"Only" 66 quids. You realize that that is the price for a full AAA game. I really do not understand people to throw money away on something that is basically a minor DLC.

• Cool 10

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,444 posts
6,619 battles
8 minutes ago, B051LjKo said:

"Only" 66 quids. You realize that that is the price for a full AAA game. I really do not understand people to throw money away on something that is basically a minor DLC.

You don't have to do it yourself and don't even need to understand people who do.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,595 posts
8,106 battles
26 minutes ago, B051LjKo said:

I won't buy Jean Bart for real money and the "only" refers to the relative lower price compared to what Alaska would cost when using conversion of free xp.

33 minutes ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

But you can get doubloons cheeper occasionally.

So how much it is if you take under consideration all possible discounts?

As it is a cruiser I am not buying it unless it is in 100EURO bundle with something usefull for ships I play. :Smile_hiding:

The discountcoupons are almost always not applicable for Dubloonpurchases for that very reason. You have to cheat the system by buying duplicate premiumships with the coupon (careful discounts on premiums in the shop themselves are useless now since they changed it so you also get only the dubloonprice equal to the discountprice). Or you wait for a special dubloonoffer they do sometimes if you pay per paypal etc.

Players
473 posts
1,728 battles

I would guess deliberate. There's thus an option to get it for free by grinding or having played a lot up to now, and there's a paid option for those who want it now without the grinding. The fact that they're making it available for money, at a significantly lower price than the doubloons needed to convert all of that XP, strikes me as a customer-friendly move; I can't see it making anyone lose out, no matter how hard I try to think of ways it could. I suspect that WG are also calculating that, among players who want an Alaska but don't have and can't/don't want to grind the FXP, they'll sell more than twice as many Alaskas for +/-€65 than they will convince people to convert the XP for +/- €130. So win-win, right?

24 minutes ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

I had one drop back in October. I've not really got them very often, so the gap since then doesn't strike me as very odd, but I'm sure others have more first-hand experience of these things than me.

Players
3,502 posts
8,211 battles
4 minutes ago, 10ThousandThings said:

I had one drop back in October. I've not really got them very often, so the gap since then doesn't strike me as very odd, but I'm sure others have more first-hand experience of these things than me.

I used to get them more often, regularly with about 2 months interval.

I didn't use many of them. Some of them were kinda worthless (like 10% discount on only some stuff I didn't really want while some others got +200% extra doubloons..what?).

Players
2,747 posts
14,903 battles
22 minutes ago, B051LjKo said:

It often depends on your individual financial situation.

[-GG-]
Players
198 posts
12,363 battles

WG I have a proposal for you.

Why don't you sell in Premium Shop whole accounts with a good %WR history and eg. Stalingrad, Bourgogne, Salem as a "fre gift" ?

I reckon many ppl would be happy to pay eg. 500 Euro for an account with 60% WR stat and most potent ships to qualify for some top clans.

I am really seriuos. Why not to go ALL IN if you already broke an own rule "not to sell premiums higher than t.VIII"  

• Cool 1

Players
3,502 posts
8,211 battles
1 minute ago, radius77 said:

Why don't you sell in Premium Shop whole accounts with a good %WR history and eg. Stalingrad, Bourgogne, Salem as a "fre gift" ?

I reckon many ppl would be happy to pay eg. 500 Euro for an account with 60% WR stat and most potent ships to qualify for some top clans.

I am really seriuos. Why not to go ALL IN if you already broke an own rule "not to sell premiums higher than t.VIII"  

I would kinda agree with you, if only you didn't state that WG had actually said to not sell premiums tier 9 and 10 ever...because they didn't say that.

Everyone just heard it somewhere and lemminged away, but noone can provide any proof anyway.

[TTT]
Players
4,301 posts
7,937 battles
45 minutes ago, radius77 said:

except if a clan is dumb enough to fall for that, they won't have made it to the top in the first place... :fish_palm:

Players
1,381 posts
5,380 battles
26 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

except if a clan is dumb enough to fall for that, they won't have made it to the top in the first place... :fish_palm:

Forcing WG to make a 70% WR account with 2 Stalingrads for 1000 Euro :Smile_trollface:

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,409 posts
13,060 battles
4 hours ago, DFens_666 said:
4 hours ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

I really wonder where this will end someday :cap_yes:

Considering that there is no real drain of ingame currency (at least not a steady one) I guess WG will have to come up with at least 42 different new currencies eventually...

Doubloons - devaluated because of limited use

Free XP - devaluated because easy to accumulate

Coal - somewhat devaluated because also relatively easy to accumulate

Steel - still carries some value as income is difficult / low and prices are usually high

etc.

Players
3,089 posts
14,041 battles
42 minutes ago, Ubertron_X said:

Considering that there is no real drain of ingame currency (at least not a steady one) I guess WG will have to come up with at least 42 different new currencies eventually...

Doubloons - devaluated because of limited use

Free XP - devaluated because easy to accumulate

Coal - somewhat devaluated because also relatively easy to accumulate

Steel - still carries some value as income is difficult / low and prices are usually high

etc.

Well, we got Crowns and Florins at the moment. Obviously created to match the fact that a British line is being launched.

They could adopt a similar theme for future new lines, e.g.

German Carriers: Bottles of Premium Beer

French DDs: Fine Wines

Italian Cruisers: Famous paintings

Russian BBS: Characters from Russian Literature (i.e something purely imaginary)

[GOLD]
Players
903 posts
8,027 battles
4 hours ago, B051LjKo said:

Sure, an AAA title that gives you what 10 hours of repetetive boring gameplay because all it offers are stunning visuals? Yay. I mean id never pay 60 for either of those 2 things i just dont see how most AAA games warrant their price these days. In fact id say those overpriced premium ships most likely give you more play time than the 60E AAA games....