You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
theboggieman5

way to hard to be a cv

68 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
2,046 battles

Hello!

When playing cv (often againgst higher tier), i often find myself in a situations were all the enemy ships stay in one big group which leave me powerless to do anything. Then i wait until a ship leaves the pack, however almost every ship's aa is overpowered so i loose almost all my planes before i can get close enough since almost all ships are american!! so please nerf the aa, i think its fair since you're reducing the damage from torps and floodings

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 2

Players
2,755 posts
14,903 battles
22 minutes ago, theboggieman5 said:

Hello!

When playing cv (often againgst higher tier), i often find myself in a situations were all the enemy ships stay in one big group which leave me powerless to do anything. Then i wait until a ship leaves the pack, however almost every ship's aa is overpowered so i loose almost all my planes before i can get close enough since almost all ships are american!! so please nerf the aa, i think its fair since you're reducing the damage from torps and floodings

Your highest win rate is in your CVs. In fact, they have a +5% higher win rate than your DDs... so did you mean "way to hard to be a" DD?

• Funny 5

[ORSA]
Players
113 posts
3,307 battles
27 minutes ago, theboggieman5 said:

Hello!

You should pick your targets. The best way to start practising is to buy some supercontainers.

• Funny 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
1,910 posts
15,969 battles

Well seems patience is the key, spot as much as you can and try to get stragglers if you can find them, only thing you really can do against the blob is wait, ok you can occasionaly drop some of those 8km haku fish in the direction of the blob and shake the things a bit but not more...

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
6,151 battles

I have found myself to be adapting to even tier X matches in a tier VIII CV and do well enough.

If you do attack full out in begin match you just lose planes. Often mid game but rather  end game those troublesome AA cruisers have met their fate or are shot up enough to sacrifice a squadron on with a kill as result. Powerful BB's will have become islolated heavy wounded  lumbering big targets - with many destroyed AA modules - that take all torpedo's per lauch and then times 3 coming around untill all the planes have detached from the squadron.

This is really CV gameplay : you become stronger when everyone has become weaker over the course of the match. The only occasion in which this does not fly is when your team gets steamrolled and there is not end match situation.

[NWP]
Players
5,196 posts
6,651 battles
4 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

I think we need CV baby Bingo Card.... Any volunteers?

Yeah, we definetely need one at this point...

Avg damage with Ranger 50k

Avg Damage with FDG 51k and Iowa 56k.

I mean, i can understand CVs arent much fun to play right now, but how do you warrent to call out for a Buff when you perform equaly with 3 tier higher ships :cap_wander: (not to mention having a far worse WR on T9).

[SCRUB]
Players
3,129 posts
8,328 battles
18 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

spot as much as you can

I do agree that this is important for the team ... but ... would you want to play a class where your main job is only to spot, while other players "have fun" ? ;)

you know what I mean...

What people do not understand ... im gonna try to put it simple.

With surface ships you fire. Shells fly, they hit and do damage. Simple right?

With CV you launch a squad, fly ... try to drop and you get wiped out by AA before you drop.

Same as surface ships AA would shoot down shells flying towards them :) ... kinda .... funny right? ;)

• Cool 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
1,910 posts
15,969 battles
1 minute ago, nambr9 said:

I do agree that this is important for the team ... but ... would you want to play a class where your main job is only to spot, while other players "have fun" ? ;)

you know what I mean...

I know m8 but in current state of things not much else you can do acctually

[SCRUB]
Players
3,129 posts
8,328 battles
1 minute ago, Yedwy said:

Indeed. I am no CV main ... but I do feel CVs have no real place in the game. Sadly...

[BGNAV]
Players
264 posts
3,342 battles
41 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

38 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Indeed. I am no CV main ... but I do feel CVs have no real place in the game. Sadly...

So after all is said and done, once the guns go quite and like with everything - the end comes. Only the memories remain of how the CVs once ruled the battles, turned the tides of war and did what they were born to do.

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
6,151 battles
1 hour ago, Zen71_sniper said:

Voila! 

CV Bingo.png

Well here is yours...

WG17.jpg

• Cool 4
  • Funny 7
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Players
283 posts
8,168 battles
4 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

I have found myself to be adapting to even tier X matches in a tier VIII CV and do well enough.

This is really CV gameplay : you become stronger when everyone has become weaker over the course of the match.

This is exactly my experience as well. Lexington at least manages just fine in T8-10 matches. However, it requires a much more conservative approach when you're bottom tier. It's common not to have feasible targets early in the battle. 

If you can't immediately attack anybody, then forget about it. Possibly look for the DD's instead, attack them if you can, but just spotting is fine. If their AA is too strong don't stay over them -- just updating the markers on the minimap is valuable. It may be the smartest thing to do. Just don't waste your planes early on, since they will be more valuable for the team as the battle wears on. There's no rush.

In most battles the targets will emerge: somebody gets isolated, somebody is blown to hell, somebody on your team needs help in an engagement, a high-value target can be finished off. The opportunities will appear even when bottom tier, as long as you have conserved your planes. 

In its essence, CV gameplay to me is a continuous risk-versus-reward analysis. You're back to the carrier easily 20+ times in the course of a battle. Each time you need to choose what to take off with, and what you're going to do with it. Maintain map awareness and don't get fixated, since you can cover the whole map like nobody else. What's valuable for the team, and has acceptable risk attached to it? Make the wrong choices and you can be depleted 5 minutes into the battle. Keep making the right calls and you can turn battles around like nobody else.

I feel that CV is the ultimate support class. Smart, game-winning play is often about thinking about the others. 

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
6,151 battles
9 minutes ago, asalonen said:

I feel that the CV is the ultimate support class. Smart, game-winning play is often about thinking about the others. 

Yes but for that they wish you nerfed and removed from the game.

I often ask where i can help remove BB or DD if i have no priority targets of my own. Can often not kill them due to weak damage but can very much help sink them, if it were only for them evading my torpedo's showing full broadside to the allied ships which can then kill it. Begin match i'm nealry always over a friendly DD supporting the cap or coming to it's aid. But still they want CV nerfed.

I have capped many caps or denied enemy caps where i was alone or with one other allied ship end match and sometimes made it possible to still win against all odds. But many do not wish CV can defend themselves in that situation ( capping ) when they run into ambushing DD. Their opinion is that this is a player error, not a helpfull last resort attempt to win.

Well, i keep bending the rules in my favour. Winning is so much more rewarding if you cheated conservatist players - most elitists on these forums too - out of what they thought you could do.

Alpha Tester, Players
5,332 posts
14 minutes ago, asalonen said:

I feel that the CV is the ultimate support class. Smart, game-winning play is often about thinking about the others. 

and how  your support to  win game , when in 5 min half team suicided ? ^^

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
640 posts
7,779 battles
22 hours ago, theboggieman5 said:

Hello!

It's really looking like the skill floor for CVs is higher than people were expecting. Practice more in co op until you can push though attacks with lower losses. 

[SCRUB]
Players
3,129 posts
8,328 battles
5 minutes ago, That_Other_Nid said:

It's really looking like the skill floor for CVs is higher than people were expecting. Practice more in co op until you can push though attacks with lower losses. 

Sounds good  - doesnt work

Players
4,085 posts
6,840 battles
1 hour ago, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

and how  your support to  win game , when in 5 min half team suicided ? ^^ 

You dont. Your teams sucks = you lose. Happens to all of us. Literally one goal of the CV-rework, according to WG (lower CVs impact of the match outcome).

1 hour ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Well, just tried my Shokaku again (needed 5 plane kills) and it's as terrible as ever :Smile_facepalm:

We did 2 games Shokaku this evening, once T6-T8, the other T7-T9. was fine.

Players
640 posts
7,779 battles
19 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Sounds good  - doesnt work

Well the stats say otherwise. There is still balancing to do but it is entirely a L2P issue. 

CVs.jpg

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
1,601 posts
13,609 battles
29 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Literally one goal of the CV-rework, according to WG (lower CVs impact of the match outcome).

Can you give us the source where WG says that their one goal with the CV rework was to lower the CV's impact of the match? 

It was one of the goals, yes. But as far as i know its not the "one goal". 

I know i'm nitpicking, but players might believe you when they read stuff like that. :Smile_honoring:

Edit: Also. When are you going to start playing through the CV's and give us some actual unbiased feedback of what you think? :Smile-_tongue:

1375119021_OperaSnapshot_2019-02-28_000547_wows-numbers_com.thumb.png.cf246165f81a27707916e39f85254241.png

Players
4,085 posts
6,840 battles
4 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Can you give us the source where WG says that their one goal with the CV rework was to lower the CV's impact of the match? 

It was one of the goals, yes. But as far as i know its not the "one goal". 

I know i'm nitpicking, but players might believe you when they read stuff like that. :Smile_honoring:

Umm... its literally what I wrote tho?

29 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

one goal of the CV-rework