You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Interesting... the "Alaska" can be bought on RU server for around 65 Euros...

120 comments in this topic

Players
3,130 posts
9,932 battles

imagine if people just brought their way into the Man U squad?  Fill the pockets of the football club.

Just buy you a place on the team and go play against Spurs.  Great for the bloke and money for the football club, but completely crap for the rest of the team AND the punters watching the game. Man U then loses respect and money in the long term.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,145 posts
3,368 battles
6 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

Bull.  Complete Bull.

Your own deves stated that they didn't want people to flood the game with players that can just buy a tier 9-10 ship, and here you are selling them to exactly that!

It's great because it fills the pockets of WG, please don't insult our intellect lad.

Selling a way-way over priced tier 9 ship to new players is criminal. It's irresponsible. 

Sure people can buy what the hell they want, but it's not good for the game doing this. I do not want a team full of new players that have just brought their Jean's, Alaska and no doubt the other ship they you will sell at tier 9-10, not having a clue how to play WOWS. 

Because they don't care.  Selling a £60 ship to new players, only from them to find out they don't have a clue how to actually play the game who then leave shortly afterwards when there getting spanked all the time.

And how does this effect us, the other players? Games like some of the ones we all have been having lately with this rework, muppets sailing around not having a clue what is going on. 

It's a Win Win from WG.  They simply couldn't give a penny you-know-what about the state of this game is just one big greedy company. Shouldn't really have suspected anything less from WG to be honest. 

@MrConway i know you are towing the party line here and it's you job, but how do you quote stuff like that with good concuss? 

*sigh* this is the biggest pill to swallow:

High tiers should contain people that have earned (via missions, grinding whatever) or AT LEAST grind some way to tier 9-10.  Those that have a good understanding of the game and can at least put up a good fight......Now you are flooding the high tiers wilth unready players, making the game awful regarding satisfaction.

This is not an elitist comment, far from it as i'm a standard player, but this is totally wrong for the game.  

Your really trying your hardest to screw this game up beyond all reproach because of greed. 

Sorry but there you go.

I do think its an elitist statement and I challenge some of your assumptions.

•  Players could always already purchase tier 8 ships, which see the exact same battles as tier 9 ships.
  •  Bad players exist even after hundreds or thousands of battles and while experience certainly helps, many new players play better than older ones.

This image of the complete newbies that just comes in and simply buys a high-tier ship right away is often propagated, but in actual fact is a rare occurence.

While it is a good ship it certainly has quite a high skill-floor and is more suited to experienced captains - I wouldn't recommend it to newbies.

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
24,642 posts
13,656 battles
15 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

imagine if people just brought their way into the Man U squad?  Fill the pockets of the football club.

Just buy you a place on the team and go play against Spurs.  Great for the bloke and money for the football club, but completely crap for the rest of the team AND the punters watching the game. Man U then loses respect and money in the long term.

You could, and there are enough people who have the money to do it. Some even buy the whole club...

Beta Tester
650 posts
6 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

As always for WG it depends on your IP (i.e. your country of origin)! :Smile_hiding:

For RU:

https://ru.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/9240/

it lists 65 Euros for me.

For NA:

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/10362/

it lists 67 Euros for me.

Just try for yourself please...

Leo "Apollo11"

ru for me is €69,48 and na €71,41 ...

Beta Tester
650 posts
11 minutes ago, MrConway said:

While it is a good ship it certainly has quite a high skill-floor and is more suited to experienced captains - I wouldn't recommend it to newbies.

is this said somewhere in the shop page?

• Funny 1

Players
3,130 posts
9,932 battles
2 hours ago, MrConway said:

Players could always already purchase tier 8 ships, which see the exact same battles as tier 9 ships.

But they don't see tier 10 ships do they now? 9/10 of the tier 10 ships are simply better unlike tier 9 when it's the opposite. The more and more people can just buy tier 10 games, the more diluted the supposed "best games/players" are found. 

As usual, nothing addressed in my comments. I suppose your Devs don't know what they are talking about ay.

It will simply be a matter of time before you flog tier 10 ships too.  Or steel.

•  Bad players exist even after hundreds or thousands of battles and while experience certainly helps, many new players play better than older ones.

You've said it yourself, EXPERIENCE HELPS, nothing more to say there.  You said it, not me.  Experience can at least not get the player flamed every game he goes into.  Remember, we are also trying to protect these kind of players too you know. 

This image of the complete newbies that just comes in and simply buys a high-tier ship right away is often propagated, but in actual fact is a rare occurence.

Newbies, people that get to tier 5 then buy a tier 9 ship, however you wanna spin it.  People that haven't got a grip with the basics of the game is what i'm saying (you know).  Some people don't even see radar at that level.

2 hours ago, MrConway said:

Is that on your selling page? Hummmm......Please.

So @MrConway may i ask you a question if i can be so bold....

Do you think it is good for the quality of high tier game? In your own opinion as a fellow player of this game. 

[SM0KE]
Players
4,814 posts
11,806 battles

FWIW I'm happy to see Alaska on sale for money; although I share the concern that some have apropos the inexperienced buying their way to T9, I think @MrConway's logic makes sense - I would expect the number of people who'd dump at least fifty-six quid (and change) into a game they hadn't played much yet would be sufficiently small to not mess things up completely for other higher tier players.

Basically, what this does (for a limited time) is give people who don't have the time to grind and want to just convert free xp, a saving of at least thirty UKP (if I remember the numbers I did elsewhere correctly).

Yes, WG could have achieved the same end (whilst ensuring only people who'd played enough to have enough xp to convert got Alaska) by giving people a discount on xp conversion *only if it was used for Alaska*, or something like that, but that would have been a lot of coding, and testing of a new mechanic, compared to what they've actually done.

Despite being cr4p with cruisers/BBs, I might have been tempted myself (Coop for the uses of, believe it or not) if it wasn't for the fact that we have no idea what the premium policy vis-a-vis nerfs is going to look like in six months...

• Cool 2

Players
3,130 posts
9,932 battles
5 hours ago, Redcap375 said:

Do you think it is good for the quality of high tier game? In your own opinion as a fellow player of this game. 

Thought so....:cap_tea:

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,913 posts
11,362 battles

I think anyone spending money on the Alaska in its current state needs a psychologist, and fast. It's a waste of time. Disappointing firepower, disappointing to see it burn so often, overall a weak ship. A tier 8 cruiser played by a mediocre player can murder the Alaska. I watched an average player in a new orleans utterly wipe out an alaska played by another average player.

Players
279 posts
4,651 battles

I´m really sorry for the people that exchange their xp to freexp with doublons and now the ship is on the store for less than the half of the doublons cost ingame. WG did it again!

• Cool 1

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,913 posts
11,362 battles
4 minutes ago, UltimateCheekiBreeki said:

I´m really sorry for the people that exchange their xp to freexp with doublons and now the ship is on the store for less than the half of the doublons cost ingame. WG did it again!

I had 2 million free xp I was doing nothing with except waiting for this piece of rubbish ship. Had I know what it would play like I'd not have spent 250 000 xp on it.

Players
322 posts
9,766 battles

@MrConway I don't wan't to sound "elitist", but what is the next step? Putting a new ship line and selling the T10 with 19p captains for 100-200 euro? After all you want ships to be "into reach for everyone" don't you (not only you personally, but all of WG in general)? Without any effort from the players? Just flashing they're credit/debit cards? Cool, cool.

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQK2qNE4VRvoL5QVFGTGw5

• Cool 1

Players
1,094 posts
11,081 battles
7 hours ago, Toivia said:

Huh? Alaska is so much better and more consistent than Kronshtadt though.

I would say that they are almost identical.

Kronsthat has more staying power.But Alaska has better and more relaiable guns.

Apart from that.It is hard to find any real difference.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,145 posts
3,368 battles
17 hours ago, Redcap375 said:

I honestly think it will have absolute no impact either way on the actual quality of high-tier games you will see.

1 hour ago, OTECa1 said:

@MrConway I don't wan't to sound "elitist", but what is the next step? Putting a new ship line and selling the T10 with 19p captains for 100-200 euro? After all you want ships to be "into reach for everyone" don't you (not only you personally, but all of WG in general)? Without any effort from the players? Just flashing they're credit/debit cards? Cool, cool.

Reveal hidden contentsReveal hidden contentsReveal hidden contents   Reveal hidden contents

Does there have to be a next step? I don't want all ships to be accessible to everyone, but I also don't see the harm of also offering ships like Alaska in the premium shop. 

Players
5,976 posts
10,885 battles
23 hours ago, Procrastes said:

Statistically, some of those will be on the opposite team.

Statistically, slightly over 50% of those will be on the enemy team (unless you're one of the 70% lossrate n00bs :Smile-_tongue:).

• Funny 1

Players
3,130 posts
9,932 battles
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

I honestly think it will have absolute no impact either way on the actual quality of high-tier games you will see.

Thank you for your honesty answer, even though you didn't respond to your own devs statement, which i can clearly see why.  However, I tend to disagree strongly on impact.  It's invertible that the quality of high tier (end game) players will diminish EVEN more. That's not just regarding this game, but most things in life.  You flood the market with cheap stuff and the overall value goes down.

But @MrConway, regarding the actual Alaska i think you have done quite a good job.  It's more or less balanced for a premium (so help me god). So even though it seems like i'm throwing the kitchen sink at you (with reason), tell the bosses that they did an all right job with it. 

Does there have to be a next step? I don't want all ships to be accessible to everyone, but I also don't see the harm of also offering ships like Alaska in the premium shop. 

No there doesn't, but it will come. Jean and Alaska are the first. 

Oh, do you remember this quote from your devs?

Block Quote

It's just an experimental release of one ship, offering her both in Arsenal and via Prem shop shortcut. We will see how good/bad is that and then decide what to do next. There is no solid plan on such releases for the future.

And here we are now, the Alaska.  Now i know what it says and how it is politically worded, as we all knew what it means, how about you don't even mention "no solid plan for the future" because we also know what that means.    That was taken from the WOT website basically worried about "Buying" high tier premiums which will effect the gameplay of high tier, i don't blame them (here we are). 

How about being that bit more honest and instead of "Experimental" reply with "how much money we can make for the benefit of the game"? See that's a bit more open wouldn't you think? :cap_tea:

I have said this plenty of times but tier 9-10 premiums will be the true sign of how desperate WG are to take money from us to the determent of game play.  Tier 9 is now here! How long till you openly sell tier 10 and steel? Oh, we will get the same old quote as above saying we will see but have no plan for the future bla bla. BS. 

I have nothing against WG trying to make a living, as it's a free to play game after all and i totally understand that.  But keep those high tier premiums so-to-speak ships as rewards or coal, steel or whatever, something where the player has to earn it to different degrees. Work their way up to different ships.  This is NOT the way to go.  WOT don't have it and nor should we, however i know the WOT player base is MUCH larger than us and we are breaking even (if not slightly going down playerwise).  That doesn't mean you need to Sponge off us which you are clearing doing. 

1 mil free XP? Or £60? Mental. 

I really wish we could have met in a pub sometime and actually talk about the game, not as a WG employee, but just as players of this game. Would be interesting to hear what you really think about the awful (just awful) direction this game is taking.

P.S. @Negativvv i seen you in that thread of WOT which looked strange :Smile_hiding: . So you jumped to WOT? I don't blame you and your negative comments made sense.  I enjoyed WOT too (played that right from the start and even went to the WARGAMING days in Bovington looking at the tanks) ....that was until they introduced "Gold" ammo.  That was what made me leave that game from that moment on and the reason i don't go back. Again, another massive money making scheme to the determent of the players (those that can and those that cant).

Warthunder was another great game when released...Until the Russian Boris got crazy stupid (i mean really out of this world crazy, 10 shots at the IS3 and still it keeps on trucking, same for the planes) and the constant lying on the website got too much for me. 

When will it be WOWS turn? Rework and this is extremely close to the edge. 

Players
3,130 posts
9,932 battles
19 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

You could, and there are enough people who have the money to do it. Some even buy the whole club...

You could, but it does happen does it? :cap_tea:

And for a bloody good reason my i add. 

People don't have to watch or play next to the person who owns the club. You do if he is your goalkeeper. 

[CATS]
Players
24,642 posts
13,656 battles
3 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

You could, but it does happen does it? :cap_tea:

And for a bloody good reason my i add. 

People don't have to watch or play next to the person who owns the club. You do if he is your goalkeeper. 

People with that kind of money usually know what that money represents and how to get more.

Compared to that are the costs of high Tier ships insignificant.

Players
3,130 posts
9,932 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

People with that kind of money usually know what that money represents and how to get more.

Compared to that are the costs of high Tier ships insignificant.

We are talking about the players here (us), not the club. So how does that help the gameplay (end-game if you will, cup final) of high-tiers in any-way shape or form? It doesn't. 

Regardless of money, how does that effect you, as the player of that team? i wouldn't want 3 players to suddenly appear in my cup final that have only played Sunday leaugh football? And i'm sure you wouldn't too, not if you want to actually want to win anything. 

If you want to just have a laugh and not really worries about winning or losing, then play lower tiers. That's what it is there for as nothing is expected.  Even when the team does simply stupid stuff, i never mind, because that is the target audience and they are still learning the ropes, as did we all.  But at tier 9-10? Come on pal. 

Tier 9-10 things are more expect and if that turns into more of a circus, then so does the game. 

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,145 posts
3,368 battles
31 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

Thank you for your honesty answer, even though you didn't respond to your own devs statement, which i can clearly see why.  However, I tend to disagree strongly on impact.  It's invertible that the quality of high tier (end game) players will diminish EVEN more. That's not just regarding this game, but most things in life.  You flood the market with cheap stuff and the overall value goes down.

But @MrConway, regarding the actual Alaska i think you have done quite a good job.  It's more or less balanced for a premium (so help me god). So even though it seems like i'm throwing the kitchen sink at you (with reason), tell the bosses that they did an all right job with it. 

No there doesn't, but it will come. Jean and Alaska are the first. 

Oh, do you remember this quote from your devs?

It's just an experimental release of one ship, offering her both in Arsenal and via Prem shop shortcut. We will see how good/bad is that and then decide what to do next. There is no solid plan on such releases for the future.

And here we are now, the Alaska.  Now i know what it says and how it is politically worded, as we all knew what it means, how about you don't even mention "no solid plan for the future" because we also know what that means.    That was taken from the WOT website basically worried about "Buying" high tier premiums which will effect the gameplay of high tier, i don't blame them (here we are). 

There is nothing untrue or deceitful about that statement, we did not have any plans for any more releases back then, as it was an experiment. But the experiment went well, we didn't have issues with a fleet of newbie JBs flooding the games, and we saw no reason based on that experiment to not do it again.

And I'm always up for a chat about the game, join us in Berlin for Twitchcon and I'll even get you a beer ;)

• Cool 1

[BBMM]
Players
5,498 posts
6,636 battles
On 2/28/2019 at 11:36 AM, MrConway said:

You need to remember that we run a free-to-play game with vastly different players playing it. While we love to give people the opportunity to get ships like Alaska for free by just collecting free XP over time, this is not an option for everyone and some people simply prefer not to wait.

In my opinion our approach with JB and Alaska is great as it puts these unique ships into reach for everyone.

No matter @MrConway some of us understand you deserve a beer (or vodka) too. :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[BBMM]
Players
5,498 posts
6,636 battles
20 hours ago, Redcap375 said:

*sigh* this is the biggest pill to swallow:

High tiers should contain people that have earned (via missions, grinding whatever) or AT LEAST grind some way to tier 9-10.  Those that have a good understanding of the game and can at least put up a good fight......Now you are flooding the high tiers wilth unready players, making the game awful regarding satisfaction

Sooo... what you are saying is that people that grinded to T10 cannot be potatoes? :Smile_trollface:

Watch me do it.... potato.gif.f48848a9119cb7080bbd9c46298ef3f2.gif

• Funny 2