You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Interesting... the "Alaska" can be bought on RU server for around 65 Euros...

120 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
8,173 posts
10,691 battles

Tier IX premium ships for sale getting more popular with WG.

Let's see how long it takes for them to sell tier X premiums. Maybe even sell steel ships in ridiculously bloated bundles ... I mean they already sold a steel campaign for lots of rubels.

[TTT]
Players
4,301 posts
7,937 battles

eh why not... I guess this simply makes it cheaper for people without any freeXP saved up, not like they couldn't have bought the dubloons to convert anyway.

(except those that dont have enough XP stored on ships ready to convert I suppose - those couldn't really have gotten the ship otherwise. But I'm kinda too lazy to get worked up over that... :Smile_sceptic:)

• Cool 6

[-FF-]
Players
862 posts
5,898 battles
3 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

not like they couldn't have bought the dubloons to convert anyway.

I suppose buying directly is cheaper than converting with dubloons, otherwise it's useless to sell her for money. 

• Cool 3

[TSCC]
Players
1,595 posts
18,810 battles

As long as she is available for in game obtainable currency, in this case for FXP, I don't see any problem with this.

• Cool 9

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,444 posts
6,619 battles

Well that's 65 Euros I won't need to spend on her since I'm swimming in free XP

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,047 posts
2,085 battles
36 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

eh why not... I guess this simply makes it cheaper for people without any freeXP saved up, not like they couldn't have bought the dubloons to convert anyway.

(except those that dont have enough XP stored on ships ready to convert I suppose - those couldn't really have gotten the ship otherwise. But I'm kinda too lazy to get worked up over that... :Smile_sceptic:)

Well the musashi and kronstadt both cost 750k free exp which to convert from 0 at the standard rate would cost me something like 85 GPB. So yea imagine the rumour of 1 million free exp and you have a ship costs around 110 GBP as you need 40k doubloons. Also the 1 million free exp was a rumor they also never  allowed the other ships to be purchased.

£ 110 roughly 120 euros for a ship is absurd.

• Cool 5

Beta Tester
2,300 posts
2,490 battles
1 minute ago, ilhilh said:

Well that's 65 Euros I won't need to spend on her since I'm swimming in free XP

I'm not.

Or rather, I do have a bunch of free xp, but I'd rather spend those on promoting my commanders to higher skill levels. So being able to get the Alaska for cash, is pretty welcome.

Although I am a bit torqued that this means I could have gotten the Krohnshtadt as well, while she was still for sale. As it is, I saved my free xp as a dowry for the fair Alaska...! :Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

Players
2,100 posts
7,287 battles
7 minutes ago, ironhammer500 said:

Well the musashi and kronstadt both cost 750k free exp which to convert from 0 at the standard rate would cost me something like 85 GPB. So yea imagine the rumour of 1 million free exp and you have a ship costs around 110 GBP as you need 40k doubloons. Also the 1 million free exp was a rumor they also never  allowed the other ships to be purchased.

Not in the world of WG it isn't.

Never underestimate greed. £110 in this kinda game (it's not like Star citizen is it?) is crazy stuff of legends.

After selling my other half of the CV lines, i will have more than enough free XP to go around so not bothered.

All i need to know about the Alaska and spending said XP is, is it different to others? What makes in unique...

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,642 posts
16,121 battles
1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

Tier IX premium ships for sale getting more popular with WG.

Let's see how long it takes for them to sell tier X premiums. Maybe even sell steel ships in ridiculously bloated bundles ... I mean they already sold a steel campaign for lots of rubels.

To be fair i don't really care as long as all tier IX/X Prems are also Available for Coal/Steel or Free XP.  If wallet warriors want to buy Coal/Free XP ship.. OK.. (Free XP already can by converting)

Ships only available for Steel should stay only available for steel. But free XP and Coal not so bothered about.

However if they start to bring out IX and X Prems only for Dubloons or Cash.. Then Yes i will be pissed

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
1,047 posts
2,085 battles

Honestly they need all 3 options coal (steel for the tier X), free exp and doubloons...so then they get quick cash of those who want it now, those loyal who play the game for ages get it via other means maybe they should add coal for doubloons (never steel!!!)

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,444 posts
6,619 battles
2 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

I'm not.

Or rather, I do have a bunch of free xp, but I'd rather spend those on promoting my commanders to higher skill levels. So being able to get the Alaska for cash, is pretty welcome.

Although I am a bit torqued that this means I could have gotten the Krohnshtadt as well, while she was still for sale. As it is, I saved my free xp as a dowry for the fair Alaska...! :Smile_smile:

I'd taken an extended break from the game and when got back I was faced with the choice of Kronshstadt or Mushashi, and opted for the Kronshstadt a couple of weeks before she was removed.  This pretty much emptied me out of free XP and I would likely be still chasing the 1 mil free XP for Alaska, but with the CV rework I sold my CVs and am going to grind those out again (re-using free XP to unlock modules) and this has left me with a healthy surplus for Alaska.

I should have about 800k after I buy the Alaska, but a portion of that is earmarked for CVs.  I was going to try save for the Azuma, but the latest round of changes has soured me to her so I still should have a good supply for a while to come.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,173 posts
10,691 battles
6 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Ships only available for Steel should stay only available for steel.

De facto no longer the case, you can whale yourself to more steel with the premium campaign and you can bet your casanova behind the one we had won't be the last one.

• Cool 1

[BAD-B]
Players
877 posts
2,506 battles
22 minutes ago, ironhammer500 said:

Don't buy it then ? Simple as that .... WG needs something to hook the whales on ...

Beta Tester
1,047 posts
2,085 battles
16 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Don't buy it then ? Simple as that .... WG needs something to hook the whales on ...

From a Marketing point of view that is a stupid idea, you want as many people to buy it as possible in order to gain the most profit, I mean honestly how much did a this ship cost to make? 

[BAD-B]
Players
877 posts
2,506 battles
1 minute ago, ironhammer500 said:

From a Marketing point of view that is a stupid idea, you want as many people to buy it as possible in order to gain the most profit, I mean honestly how much did a this ship cost to make? 

Well the OP did not discuss this from WG point of view ... from that side it makes sense to have the ship in the shop for hard currency as well ...

Beta Tester
1,047 posts
2,085 battles
Just now, Hugh_Ruka said:

Well the OP did not discuss this from WG point of view ... from that side it makes sense to have the ship in the shop for hard currency as well ...

Same with Musashi and Kronstadt if they made them limited time sales thought the year they would make so much more money. And it benefits us the player base as if we was not able to get it first time around then we can buy it the next sale.

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
144 posts
3,585 battles
11 minutes ago, ironhammer500 said:

Well there something to consider in this.

x% will buy it whatever the price

x% will never buy it, because it has a price

x% might buy it if it's cheap enough

I suspect the third group is probably so small as to not offset the drop in revenue from the making it cheaper for the first group.

As for Dev costs - probably more expensive that we realise, especially with the way WG seems to develop things (i.e. inefficiently)

Then of course there's SerB's moonbase to pay for 

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,624 battles

I thinks its okay its in the shop for cash. Makes it a bit cheaper for those who would otherwise buy doubloons to convert XP. I'm getting it for free tomorrow like I did Missouri, Nelson, Musashi and Kronshtadt and still have enough for Azuma as well

Beta Tester
651 posts
6,965 battles

I guess after the success of Jean Bart "sales event", they will try it with other special ships as well...

The strange thing for me is the price point: 65EUR.

--- for 65EUR you can buy roughly 21,000 doublons

-- and to convert EliteXP to FreeXP on normal rate it delivers 21,000 x 25 = 525,000 FreeXP

So if the "cost" of Alaska is 1,000,000 FreeXP inside the game, it means the in-game resource based price is very high ---> indicates that WG wants frequent players to sink a lot of FreeXP on a ship. Considering that back at the early days Missouri was 750,000FreeXP, the inflation inside World of Warships is enormous.

Beta Tester
4,528 posts
9,851 battles
1 hour ago, elblancogringo said:

I suppose buying directly is cheaper than converting with dubloons, otherwise it's useless to sell her for money. 

Don't discount WGs greed at the possibility of selling it to players who are so new they don't even have that amount of convertible xp available.

They do seem to approach the end game of "lets throw as much out there as possible to grab wannabe p2w'ers and collectors money as we slowly stop actually even trying to support the game".