Sign in to follow this  
Adm_Ballsey

How to Play IJN DD Kitakaze Wows World of Warships Review Guide.

4 comments in this topic

Players
87 posts
12,988 battles

It's been a tough couple of weeks for dd players in world of warships with the cv rework but things seem to be settling down a bit. I made some build adjustments and with the changes to aerial detection it's once again viable to play destroyers effectively but most importantly to have fun in them again. Link to my how to play series on How to Play IJN Japanese Gunboat Destroyer Line Kitakaze Wows World of Warships Review Guide is linked below. It includes a walkthrough of the captain skills , modules & upgrades at the start of the video followed by a highlights game displaying how well the ship performs with that particular build.
Let me know what you think.

• Cool 1

Players
1,908 posts
12,106 battles

Nice review, although the captain skill choice is a bit odd imo and could be expanded a bit. Currently I know of two main builds, the ranked build and the dpm build. 

DPM build

1: PM / PT (whatever suits you best, although i would recommend PT for gunboating in the open, since it provides important additional information on when to disengage)

2: LS + AR

3: SE + DE (base 4% fire chance to 6% is a 50% increas, which is much, much more relevant than a measly 10% dpm increase)

4: CE + IFHE

Ranked build basically sacrifices DE and AR for RPF and you can enjoy having both PT and PM instead :)

Currently using the RPF build and I'm #19 on the leaderboard in both kills and average damage (solo stats).

All I want to add: the ship is hilariously broken and a nerf will be incoming eventually. A Jutland can fight it 1v1 and some cruisers can too (donskoi), and CVs obviouly. Nothing else can.

• Cool 1

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,534 posts
6,179 battles
On 3/19/2019 at 1:26 AM, GulvkluderGuld said:

3: SE + DE (base 4% fire chance to 6% is a 50% increas, which is much, much more relevant than a measly 10% dpm increase)

I guess this is debatable. I personally run BFT for that direct damage increase since with the ludicrous 32 mm pen nearly everything melt, especially heavy cruisers. So in that sense I prefer the extra DPM and not rely on RNG fires (and with 10% more shells in the air the fire starting potential is still not terrible). And in the current state having a bit more AA does not hurt either.

• Cool 2

[WBF]
Players
198 posts
11,466 battles
On 2/27/2019 at 11:54 AM, Adm_Ballsey said:

It's been a tough couple of weeks for dd players in world of warships with the cv rework but things seem to be settling down a bit. I made some build adjustments and with the changes to aerial detection it's once again viable to play destroyers effectively but most importantly to have fun in them again. Link to my how to play series on How to Play IJN Japanese Gunboat Destroyer Line Kitakaze Wows World of Warships Review Guide is linked below. It includes a walkthrough of the captain skills , modules & upgrades at the start of the video followed by a highlights game displaying how well the ship performs with that particular build.
Let me know what you think.

Hi!

Before I watched your topic I recognized I built just the same build on Haragumo. It's not an easy ship. I'm just thinking about change CE to AFT to get longer firing distance + stronger AA. Perhaps I wait for free reskilling of captains to try more variations.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this