Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Armada 2.0: USS Alaska

62 comments in this topic

Players
3 posts
1,189 battles

This thing costs 1.000.000 free xp right? What made you guys increase the price from 750k? I feel like that was already a pretty steep price, and also are you guys going to sell this in the premium shop for a similar price as the Jean-Bart in the future?

• Cool 5

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
169 posts
8,257 battles
1 minute ago, tobiadragon said:

This thing costs 1.000.000 free xp right? What made you guys increase the price from 750k? I feel like that was already a pretty steep price, and also are you guys going to sell this in the premium shop for a similar price as the Jean-Bart in the future?

Profit.

• Funny 1

Players
3,477 posts
8,165 battles
8 minutes ago, tobiadragon said:

Inflation.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Players
826 posts
10,831 battles
9 minutes ago, tobiadragon said:

The tons of free xp modifying camouflages and signals

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
19 posts
8,827 battles

In forums, people use to say "do not feed the troll"... In this case the (mega)Troll seems to be WG. The more people feed them the more hungry, greedy and provocative they become. I've mentioned that before on the occasion of the 4th stage requirements for P.E.Friedrich: WG practices are resembling the good old Russian mafia ones, but anyway...

For a (mostly) FtP player, 750k free xp is already too high. Personally I've managed to collect this, unfortunately not in time for the Missouri, and thank god to coal, I've managed to get the Musashi, so I was cherishing these free xp for another "important" ship. Even for a cruiser... And, let's admit it, the Alaska is a real beauty and seems to offer also big time by playing it...

But 1 million free xp ?!?!?!?!

After the CVgeddon and the xp we got back (even more for those who, like me, decided to "rewind" to tier 4 CV in order to "re-learn" the new play-style), my free xp has reached almost 1.2 million. Most probably I WILL FEED THE TROLL and get the Alaska because the ship seems to be worth it and one cannot accumulate free xp for ever and have them sit around, HOWEVER...

1. I have to express my bitter feelings for this spending, maybe also representing the average player-base and,

2. I still have the feeling that I am being scammed by WG...

So, although I know this will be wasted by WG, I nevertheless have to say it: please WG try to be more friendly to non-unicum players and stick to 750k... Please?

• Cool 9

Players
170 posts
7,460 battles
28 minutes ago, Tanker1976 said:

But where is this ship ? in tech tree is not. :(

tenor.gif
check tomorrow

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6

[-ITA_]
Players
1 post

This thing costs 1.000.000 free xp right? What made you guys increase the price from 750k? I feel like that was already a pretty steep price....

For a (mostly) FtP player, 750k free xp is already too high.

• Cool 1

[BEWBS]
Players
499 posts
1 hour ago, Tanker1976 said:

But where is this ship ? in tech tree is not. :(

They said it will be made available for target practice to my tier 10 battleships tomorrow...

• Cool 1

[BEWBS]
Players
499 posts
7 minutes ago, Tanker1976 said:

lol ... and why 1 mil free exp ?

To remember when was the last time you made a stupid decision.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
19 posts
8,827 battles
1 minute ago, DuneDreamer said:

To remember when was the last time you made a stupid decision.

This makes me starting to reconsider...

[ZOMBI]
[ZOMBI]
Players
4 posts
6,658 battles

Greedy Greedy Greedy Greedy Greedy Wows , for a change. We're not paying for Hospital care in the US you know. You'll kill the game you idiots , then we all lose out.

Players
198 posts
8,829 battles

Why 1 Million free xp? Well... Maybe because there are indeed several players around who have that amount (and more) saved up. Maybe because so that not every whiny entitled feeling brat drives around in it, at least not without investing one way or another. Maybe because they know some people have bad Impulse control and happily shell out the money for doubloons to convert xp.

Maybe all of this, maybe none of it. The bottom line is this:

It is what it is. All you have to ask yourself is "Is this thing worth the Investment for me or not?"

Other than that, at least some of your… let's call them "opinions"... are less than trivial at this point.

Oh, and for the record: I have a buddy who, apart from the occasional Premium time awarded from events, is a none-premium player - and even he almost has enough free xp ready to go to buy Alaska. How he did that? Well, he did NOT spend what little he always received on any "smaller" stuff, he always aimed high for the day he will really need that much free xp.

• Cool 2

Players
198 posts
8,829 battles

On a side note, after reading just now that Alaska is available for around 65 Euros in the premium shop (Russian Servers), it stands to reason that within the next two days we might get to see the same offer. So while still quite expensive, this is the "cheaper" option to buy Alaska for everyone who is at least about 500k free xp away from getting her for free xp or who just wants to spend free xp differently and does have the Money to buy her like this.

So, still expensive, but with a second option. My previous statement still stands though.

[-GG-]
Players
198 posts
12,336 battles
22 minutes ago, Varian_Dorn said:

Why 1 Million free xp? Well... Maybe because there are indeed several players around who have that amount (and more) saved up. Maybe because so that not every whiny entitled feeling brat drives around in it, at least not without investing one way or another. Maybe because they know some people have bad Impulse control and happily shell out the money for doubloons to convert xp.

Maybe all of this, maybe none of it. The bottom line is this:

It is what it is. All you have to ask yourself is "Is this thing worth the Investment for me or not?"

Other than that, at least some of your… let's call them "opinions"... are less than trivial at this point.

Oh, and for the record: I have a buddy who, apart from the occasional Premium time awarded from events, is a none-premium player - and even he almost has enough free xp ready to go to buy Alaska. How he did that? Well, he did NOT spend what little he always received on any "smaller" stuff, he always aimed high for the day he will really need that much free xp.

C'mon

I have 1,4m freexp and I'm not an unicum, neither a hardcore player.

Last months they gave away so many premium flags, camos, event bonuses that 1m freexp isn't a hurdle anymore

• Cool 1

[BEWBS]
Players
499 posts

Neither cruiser nor battleship but asks for more free XP than both. Why? Because everybody asked for it during the last 6 to 9 months. As a result, WG got greedy and increased the price. The bigger the demand - the higher the price.

• Cool 2

Players
198 posts
8,829 battles
1 minute ago, Tipper47 said:

Fine take my money! wait... you want Free XP for it? meh... 

Good thing for you then Alaska is highly likely to come to the Premium shop as well then, AS I JUST STATED.

Players
198 posts
8,829 battles
4 minutes ago, DuneDreamer said:

Neither cruiser nor battleship but asks for more free XP than both. Why? Because everybody asked for it during the last 6 to 9 months. As a result, WG got greedy and increased the price. The bigger the demand - the higher the price.

Supply and demand indeed. I found the few named reasons for the price increase questionable at best as well but, as I said, it is what it is.

Players
2 posts
1,462 battles
1 minute ago, Varian_Dorn said:

Good thing for you then Alaska is highly likely to come to the Premium shop as well then, AS I JUST STATED.

Ahh yes! I hope you are right :)