Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tordenskjold23

Bot CVs

11 comments in this topic

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
7,230 posts
Vor 31 Minuten, MrConway sagte:

No, they [bot CVs] are not ready yet and won't be added tomorrow.

I don't have a fixed ETA yet.

• Funny 1

Players
36 posts

I belive that bot CVs are being 'trained' - presumably, they are going through continuous missions whilst the devs adjust the scripts. After all, bots just follow a set of instructions, which are now completely invalid for CV play, unlike other ships which have minmal changes in playstyle.

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,850 posts
6,054 battles
1 hour ago, Erinnyes2000 said:

I belive that bot CVs are being 'trained' - presumably, they are going through continuous missions whilst the devs adjust the scripts. After all, bots just follow a set of instructions, which are now completely invalid for CV play, unlike other ships which have minmal changes in playstyle.

Training bots is an unpredictable thing i heard.....some professor in AI trained miniature soccer playing robots to never touch each other during the game ( on the field ) after they bodycheked each other too often, looking more like robot rugby then robot soccer.

Next thing that happend when starting another match they all ran off the field simultanious and went sitting on the bench. It became obvious they were programmed not to lose, and now not to touch each other during the game ( on the field ) so their little chip and software brains decided that sitting on the bench they could not lose, and not touch each other on the field and was the only logic thing to do with such programming....

Sooo....i guess WG devs could quite have some problems training CV bots not blow everyone out of the water as some T1000 incarnate or be totally useless but something in between that appears to have skills, makes use  of a full array of possible tactics and has strategic overview but not too much...... If the slapped on nerfs apply to them to it could be even more amusing what they decide to do.....as these nerfs aren't logic.

• Funny 1

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles
1 hour ago, Tordenskjold23 said:

When do we get bot CVs back

Hopefully never.

>guys implying wg is using machine learning

j9o4nt.jpg

[AAO]
[AAO]
Players
53 posts
11,143 battles
5 hours ago, Tordenskjold23 said:

A player that does not play CVs wanting to have bot CVs?

[SM0KE]
Players
2,996 posts
7,145 battles
10 minutes ago, Olbax said:

Why not? At the moment, coop is useless for trying out/refining AA methodology...

• Cool 2

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,850 posts
6,054 battles
4 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Why not? At the moment, coop is useless for trying out/refining AA methodology...

After rework relaese i found Coop AA to be much more deadly then random games. Never went back.

Now i actually know each plane you lose cost a lot of credits - i recall you told me -  i doubt with the low Coop rewards if it is worth the effort. In randoms at least you still get a lot of credits for losing if you performed ok.

Players
2,733 posts
14,903 battles
5 hours ago, Tordenskjold23 said:

WG is still trying to 'train' actual players in CVs, should they really split their time into trying to train the AI also?  

• Funny 1

Players
176 posts
21,324 battles
33 minutes ago, Olbax said:

Yes for Operations

• Cool 1

Players
3,088 posts
13,995 battles

Never mind doing something about "Artificial Intelligence".

Wargaming should do something about "Real Ignorance" amongst humans.

• Funny 2

Sign in to follow this