You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__Helmut_Kohl__

Azuma gun nerf: No Thanks!

48 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,629 posts
10,185 battles

Thanks WG, but I already have a Kronshtadt!

And that one actually has some armor, instead of one more heal with lower cooldown...

Azuma went from insta-buy to NO NO, like every ship that gets the shot-gun-nerf.

• Cool 8

Beta Tester
651 posts
6,965 battles

What is the nerf exactly and where do the information comes from?

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,596 posts
8,106 battles
30 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Azuma went from insta-buy to NO NO, like every ship that gets the IJN-treatment.

FTFY.

While they technically can't nerf a ship that is still not released, they also can't design interesting IJN Premiums if their live depended on it other than some miracle "accident" that was the Harekaze. (and only because they tried to reproduce the different builds in the anime) And guess what you can't buy Harekaze anymore. :Smile_smile:

• Cool 2

Players
1,818 posts
245 battles
2 minutes ago, it3llig3nc3 said:

THink its in update 8.1 which is the same update the alaska will appear which is today i think for 1mil free exp.

the azuma gets moar heals and a hydro only 3.5km spotting for torps. Check reddit or the patch notes of they are up on the website.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,444 posts
6,620 battles

Such a garbage change.  The guns were going to be the defining feature of that thing, and now it has been turned into another boring ship.  No interest in her.

• Cool 1

Players
5,074 posts
6,257 battles
22 minutes ago, it3llig3nc3 said:

19 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

THink its in update 8.1 which is the same update the alaska will appear which is today i think for 1mil free exp.

the azuma gets moar heals and a hydro only 3.5km spotting for torps. Check reddit or the patch notes of they are up on the website.

Azuma gets no longer cruiser dispersion, but battlecruiser dispersion. In exchange it can now slot hydro and gets another charge of repair party.  As Azuma still has garbage armour, noone sane is going to push even with another heal charge (that likely doesn't help much if you eat a ton of citadel damage) while the offensive power of the ship isn't all that great either.

• Cool 4

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,099 posts
8,500 battles
48 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Azuma went from insta-buy to NO NO, like every ship that gets the shot-gun-nerf.

And what exactly are you gonna spend your free xp?

Im pretty sure i wont play the Alaska either but i will buy it cause its better to have the free xp invested in something rather than sitting...

Look at it as a "freebie" from wargaming.

All hail the PEF! All hail the Duke of York! All hail the Azuma!

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Players
1,480 posts
10,455 battles
24 minutes ago, kfa said:

Look at it as a "freebie" from wargaming.

All hail the PEF! All hail the Duke of York! All hail the Azuma!

It’s more it went from ships with interesting feature/play style to bland IJN copy paste, still making it overall weaker than the other super cruisers. It’s high risk high reward play style has gone before we could even try it. Sure it has hydro and heal... doesn’t mean you can push in it or magically stop eating citidels from every angle from every BB it comes up against...

PEF was and is at least a bit different and interesting. Azuma... appeal lost. Sadly.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
651 posts
6,965 battles

Hmmm.

I missed the DEV BLOG announcement about Azuma, so thanks for the updates.

If you read the DEV BLOG the situation is not as BLACK and WHITE.

However the DEV BLOG seems to deny the finding that for example Flamu made about the terrible armor scheme - or is it something that WG wants to "fix"? adding Hydro to a ship that is not designed for close encounters seems to be a mute point...

QUOTE from the DEV BLOG

Japanese cruiser Azuma, tier IX.

The original concept of this cruiser thrived in long distance engagements, taking into account the features of her armor and her good accuracy. However, testing showed that such an idea severely limited the player tactically and reduced their impact on the battle. In the new version, Azuma is less accurate, but at the same time she has received a number of improvements that allow the ship to be effective not only at the maximum range.

Improved the "Repair party" consumable: 
-- The number of charges increased from 2 (3) to 3 (4); 
-- Cooldown has been reduced from 120 (80) to 60 (40).

Added the "Hydroacoustic Search" consumable: 
-- Duration: 100 s; 
-- Ship detection range: 5 km; 
-- Torpedo detection range: 3.5 km; 
-- Cooldown: 180 s (120 s); 
-- Charges: 2 (3).

The accuracy of this cruiser returned to its previous level due to excessive efficiency. At the same time, the parameters will still be better than those of similar tier IX cruisers (Kronstadt and Alaska) at short and medium distances.

To increase the survivability of the cruiser, we improved the "Repair party" consumable. With a short cooldown and a large number of charges, the cruiser will be able to stay longer in active battle.

The "Hydroacoustic Search" consumable returned to the ship, and its parameters correspond to the standard for cruisers at tier IX. Its presence will allow the ship to feel safer in close combat, although the characteristics of the cruiser do not imply effective participation in the battle at short distances due to the peculiarities of the armor and a long reload of the Main Battery.

Also, Azuma will have her anti-aircraft weapons updated. We will share the details, but a little later.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

Players
1,818 posts
245 battles
1 hour ago, Seiranko said:

Azuma gets no longer cruiser dispersion, but battlecruiser dispersion. In exchange it can now slot hydro and gets another charge of repair party.  As Azuma still has garbage armour, noone sane is going to push even with another heal charge (that likely doesn't help much if you eat a ton of citadel damage) while the offensive power of the ship isn't all that great either.

So basically shes useless now?

can we bin her den?

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
2,629 posts
10,185 battles
7 minutes ago, it3llig3nc3 said:

The accuracy of this cruiser returned to its previous level due to excessive efficiency. At the same time, the parameters will still be better than those of similar tier IX cruisers (Kronstadt and Alaska) at short and medium distances.

Not going to work well with that armor. 

Also the previous performance on the guns was not exactly great. 

To increase the survivability of the cruiser, we improved the "Repair party" consumable. With a short cooldown and a large number of charges, the cruiser will be able to stay longer in active battle.

Can that improved heal keep up with all the damage you take because of that armor, if you have to get close? I doubt it. 

• Cool 5

Players
4,085 posts
6,840 battles
2 hours ago, Seiranko said:

Azuma could have been a "glass-canon", which would have been interesting to play. Challenging, but rewarding. But now...

• Cool 2

[DREAD]
Players
6,689 posts
5,548 battles
1 hour ago, Bear_Necessities said:

PEF was and is at least a bit different and interesting

What in hell is interesting about that turd?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 8

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
948 posts
7,505 battles
4 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

I was waiting for this response from you :cap_popcorn:

• Funny 4

Players
3,525 posts
8,214 battles
9 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

I don't know.

Before this latest change, it didn't seem that appealing anymore when compared to Donskoi (which I love).

It seemed basically a Donskoi with larger caliber guns and similar accuracy, but with longer reload and perhaps even worse armor then Donskoi.

Donskoi has radar, hydro and torps and is perhaps even a smaller target.

So when considering this, Azuma seems to have only the larger caliber going for it (and perhaps longer range of the guns?) while Donskoi has radar, hydro, 8km torps, faster reload and similar armor (?) or even better armor.

It doesn't seem to have much going for it and in the current iteration the armor is just not good enough. And the armor wasn't good enough when it was more like a long range spammer.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
1,480 posts
10,455 battles
45 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

That it was fun, you know, good secondaries for brawlin, good AA for shooting planes, fast and able to mobilise across the map. I know that whole part passed you right on by. 

Ohhh and by the way. Have I mentioned how PEF still sits in the top 4 of T6 BB’s across the board, even after the CV rework. Must be an awful ship to be able to manage that... :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Players
5,074 posts
6,257 battles
20 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I don't know.

Before this latest change, it didn't seem that appealing anymore when compared to Donskoi (which I love).

It seemed basically a Donskoi with larger caliber guns and similar accuracy, but with longer reload and perhaps even worse armor then Donskoi.

Donskoi has radar, hydro and torps and is perhaps even a smaller target.

So when considering this, Azuma seems to have only the larger caliber going for it (and perhaps longer range of the guns?) while Donskoi has radar, hydro, 8km torps, faster reload and similar armor (?) or even better armor.

It doesn't seem to have much going for it and in the current iteration the armor is just not good enough. And the armor wasn't good enough when it was more like a long range spammer.

If you compare it to Ibuki, Azuma basically had hp pool, AP and HE pen going for it, as well as some added range. In contrast Ibuki has better armour (I kid you not), better maneuverability, better concealment, better accuracy (even with Azuma getting cruiser dispersion, Ibuki has destroyer dispersion. Now the difference is like night and day), stealth torp ability (100 m window, but only T9 cruiser able to do this at all and way better than no torps of Azuma). If you just spam HE at range, Ibuki is likely the better platform.

• Cool 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
736 posts
4 hours ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Thanks WG, but I already have a Kronshtadt!

And that one actually has some armor, instead of one more heal with lower cooldown...

I was back and forth about getting Alaska or Azuma. Couldn't decide, only have free xp for 1 now.

But devs blog yesterday helped med decide. Will go for the Alaska tomorrow.

• Cool 1

[-FF-]
Players
868 posts
5,905 battles
23 minutes ago, SirAmra said:

I was back and forth about getting Alaska or Azuma. Couldn't decide, only have free xp for 1 now.

You might wanna wait a bit, maybe they will go back on that change after a few rounds of testing, or decrease accuracy only a little bit, not as much as planned yesterday... who knows.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
736 posts
4 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

You might wanna wait a bit, maybe they will go back on that change after a few rounds of testing, or decrease accuracy only a little bit, not as much as planned yesterday... who knows.

Well, hopefully I've grinded enough free xp till then. 

[SCRUB]
Players
24 posts

Stupid Change. Giving hydro and quick heal to a ship which has to play on long range. 

Oh yeah and also nerf the best thing about the ship the good accuracy.

Ah man i dont know if they dont read their own CCs comments or if they just dont care.

Players
3,095 posts
14,060 battles
50 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

That it was fun, you know, good secondaries for brawlin, good AA for shooting planes, fast and able to mobilise across the map. I know that whole part passed you right on by. 

Ohhh and by the way. Have I mentioned how PEF still sits in the top 4 of T6 BB’s across the board, even after the CV rework. Must be an awful ship to be able to manage that... :Smile_trollface:

Just trying to add another perspective here. Not having a go at anyone. :Smile_honoring:

Maybe in the "Real" world of Random battles PEF is an effective ship. I don't know.

All I can say is that in the "Mickey Mouse" world of PvE (that us lesser players have to play)  the PEF was a horrid ship because it lacks the punch necessary to inflict quick damage.

As I've said many times, my favourite fleet is the German one, and even I can't stand it. Wasted real money on a port queen:Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
651 posts
6,965 battles
1 hour ago, SirAmra said:

I would certainly hold back on the decision right now. Too many elements are up in the air.

Besides: what is the point of rushing the decision? The only motivation rush such decision is "to be among the first who play the ship". However this element is not important for me especially for such ship that's "purchase price" is a limited resource in the game. I prefer informed decisions and wait out till "all the balls drop from air".

[RO-RN]
Players
484 posts
6,291 battles

Krontrash has armor? where))) guns? NO! AA? What is that? concealment? EH! but we have a radar so it is alright))

Overall this ship will be horrible like the krontrash if not even more! guns with sad dispersion, non existent armor, not so special concealment, aa and maneuverability! So get alaska! 

[RO-RN]
Players
484 posts
6,291 battles

When will you release the next OP premiums WG? you know that almost no one would get these crap ships of azuma, leone, terrible etc! also nerf giulio faster! I give you 1 month after that until they start release OP premiums one after another and listen to them saying that they wont nerf them again!