Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AirSupremacy

British CV`s - Im soooo excited !

69 comments in this topic

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
727 posts
5,529 battles

What are your thinkings about the British CV(s) presentation ?

The 0.8.1 update thread is still locked, Im very much looking forward to play the British CV`s :-)

How do you think it will affect your gameplay or the gameplay in general ?

Its sooooooooo exciting !

I find it great that the game is getting more Warthunder feeling and becoming a full Theatre of War game.

Enjoy WoWs, pewpew !!!

:cap_horn:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 3
  • Angry 1

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles

Oh yes, so exciting, releasing new line of class that is completely not balanced.

• Cool 9

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,850 posts
6,054 battles

I saw the british bomber carpet bomb a ship.......if i learned anything from the general player base after rework release then it is they will ever accept this, even if these bombs do 10 damage per bomb.

More nerfs will be slapped on. Maybe even end up without carpet bombing mechanic but as dive bombers just like the rest. Or so nerfed so they don't hit anything at all with carpet bombing.

I think it looks great but i fear for what it will end up to be.

• Cool 1

[TRID]
Players
92 posts
3,850 battles
44 minutes ago, orzel286 said:

Oh yes, so exciting, releasing new line of class that is completely not balanced.

Agreed.

tenor-1.gif

• Funny 1

[BODEM]
Players
257 posts
5,124 battles

I like the positive attitude of the post, but in these times of change it's not reccommended to go "new CVs, soooooo excited!" except if you are fishing for sarcastic anti-cv commends.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,522 posts
15,263 battles

Clearly the right time to release a new CV line when CVs are still a :etc_swear:fest that doesn't even remotely resemble balance.

• Cool 13
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 1

Players
1,108 posts
5,843 battles

They are just going to be inferior USN CVs so i'm not really excited.

What i miss (and maybe i really missed it in the notes) is actual balance adjustments towards IJN CVs since as they still are pretty bad.

[-SOG-]
Players
147 posts
3,681 battles
5 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Clearly the right time to release a new CV line when CVs are still a :etc_swear:fest that doesn't even remotely resemble balance.

It might not, but tbh it sure has me hyped up. I want to get the Implacable badly, but I don't think I will touch it until I have learned to properly use the class.

[NWP]
Players
1,420 posts
10,410 battles

I can’t wait for them either.

To be nerfed into oblivion. That will be sweet. 👌

• Cool 3
  • Funny 6
  • Bad 1

Players
1,107 posts
3,521 battles

I could not make out if get these with the fry strike win marathon, thing or whether these will actually be in the tech tree, not as it concerns me taht much as I can only use torpedo bombers with CV's anything, well I just bomb:cap_horn:

[TOXIC]
Players
4,487 posts
11,455 battles
1 hour ago, Beastofwar said:

I saw the british bomber carpet bomb a ship.......if i learned anything from the general player base after rework release then it is they will ever accept this, even if these bombs do 10 damage per bomb.

More nerfs will be slapped on. Maybe even end up without carpet bombing mechanic but as dive bombers just like the rest. Or so nerfed so they don't hit anything at all with carpet bombing.

I think it looks great but i fear for what it will end up to be.

From what I have seen, WG balancing is quite special.

Rockets are the anti-DD weapon so they were nerfed so that they are less effective against DDs. But HE bombs that were NOT supposed to be anti-DD as their main purpose... were left as they were. My experience from a day of playing DDs (ok, a day of playing Akizuki) was such that I feared rockets much less than bombs. Rockets were much easier to avoid since they need a lot of place to prepare an attack. Dive bombers with HE bombs? They basically drop on the spot, leaving you with much less counterplay. Brilliant, right? A general purpose weapon more effective against DDs than the anti-DD weapon :cap_like:

Aaand, now back to the topic of RN CVs. The HE bombs have one disadvantage: the attack is uncomfortable so it's hard to do right... Behold a much easier to perform attack that targets wider area. This seemed broken back when rocket planes were a good anti-DD weapon, but now? Want a DD dead, take a British CV and carpet bomb the sh*t out of the little bugger, laughing at his attempts at evasion or AA disabling to throw off your aim on approach...

If RN CVs are anything like what they looked in earlier videos, they are completely broken, especially compared to the nerfed and uncomfortable to play IJN and USN CVs. They seem just plain easier to play AND more powerful in good hands on top of that. Buut... let's wait for the shape they appear in. But it seems like a blatantly overpowered addition... that will probably end up nerfed the same way other CVs were: by leaving them most of their power but making them uncomfortable to play, thus making sure that most players can't apply that power and/or don't feel like playing them anymore... This seems to be the standard approach. Only I wonder - wasn't Rework supposed to be, you know, different? Because that situation (high power, high skill floor, unfun to play for most people) is kinda... nothing new.

• Cool 4

Players
5,439 posts
8,137 battles

If I remember correctly, UK bombers might saturate area with bombs but their HE pen is abysmal, to the point anything with even remotely reinforced deck is going to shrug them off. Same with rockets, a lot of 0dmg if used againt BBs

So, basically inferior to USN DB and rockets unless they have other gimmick

[-SOG-]
Players
147 posts
3,681 battles
5 minutes ago, Panocek said:

If I remember correctly, UK bombers might saturate area with bombs but their HE pen is abysmal, to the point anything with even remotely reinforced deck is going to shrug them off. Same with rockets, a lot of 0dmg if used againt BBs

So, basically inferior to USN DB and rockets unless they have other gimmick

All this is sort of true. The torpedoes, however, converge as they travel (if you launch them correctly) rather than spreading. That could be extremely useful at catching players off guard.

"Just use the A and D keys lulz" doesn't quite work in this particular instance, because they are fast-traveling and can be made to arm just before hitting the ship, like with any other TB run. Of course, what you can do is ensure that the torps hit your bulge/armored belt to prevent flooding. The alpha damage is not extraordinarily high (just like with other CVs). Their real threat is flooding.

I have seen some people say that TB alpha in RN CVs is a bit higher, though, but I'd take it with a grain of salt (that includes everything I just said as I have not had the chance to experiment with the CVs yet, but certainly hope to over the next week or so!).

Players
5,439 posts
8,137 battles
8 minutes ago, mlgomez said:

All this is sort of true. The torpedoes, however, converge as they travel (if you launch them correctly) rather than spreading. That could be extremely useful at catching players off guard.

"Just use the A and D keys lulz" doesn't quite work in this particular instance, because they are fast-traveling and can be made to arm just before hitting the ship, like with any other TB run. Of course, what you can do is ensure that the torps hit your bulge/armored belt to prevent flooding. The alpha damage is not extraordinarily high (just like with other CVs). Their real threat is flooding.

I have seen some people say that TB alpha in RN CVs is a bit higher, though, but I'd take it with a grain of salt (that includes everything I just said as I have not had the chance to experiment with the CVs yet, but certainly hope to over the next week or so!).

If wowsft is any worthwile source, 35kts on UK torps isn't fast:Smile_hiding:

[-SOG-]
Players
147 posts
3,681 battles
7 minutes ago, Panocek said:

If wowsft is any worthwile source, 35kts on UK torps isn't fast:Smile_hiding:

It isn't but when they're almost point-blank, you have only a bit of time to react. In my experience as a surface ship, angling towards them and baiting them onto the armor belt is the best counter. I often eat torps that way that only deal like 3k of damage. The only problem is I quickly have to think of the trade: Do I take reduced torp damage, risking exposing my broadside to a Yamato? Or is the risk of eating higher torp damage more worth it to just keep a position where I can ricochet most shells?

At the same time, your map awareness and positional strategy has to be taken into account, and while you are constantly thinking of that, it could be a little distracting to have two CVs completely focusing on you with their TBs, especially if they are at least semi-competent. The challenge is great and introduces new calculations into the equation, so I'm not really complaining. Just explaining how the situation looks like from a surface perspective. From the perspective of a CV, I am usually sporting an evil grin =))

[SCRUB]
Players
3,111 posts
8,289 battles

Are we getting FREE RESPEC with 0.8.1 ?

[TOXIC]
Players
4,487 posts
11,455 battles
55 minutes ago, mlgomez said:

Their real threat is flooding.

Hahahahahahahahaha. Flooding. Setting aside the chance of actually getting a flooding in the first place...

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/flooding-and-radar-changes/

To sum things up:

New flooding can be applied to front and aft halves of the ship (so you can have 2 if you strike both halves and roll a flooding on both) but they deal

0.5% hp/second for 40 seconds to BBs

0.25% hp/second for 40 seconds to everything else (apart from a couple premium "cruisers" that get it halfway between BBs and the rest)

For comparison, a single fire deals

0.3% hp/second for 60 seconds to BBs

0.3% hp/second for 30 seconds to cruisers and destroyers (not sure about post-rework CVs)

Basically, damage-wise a single flooding is slightly more potent but comparable to a single fire for BBs (only slightly more damage over the whole duration but acts faster). For cruisers and destroyers a single flooding deals actually LESS DPS than fire, although it lasts long enough to just barely make up for it - so a single uncontrolled flooding deals 11% more damage than a single uncontrolled fire.

Flooding also interferes with your effective engine power so you're slower etc - this can be a problem in some situations. But the times when managing to inflict a perma flood gave you good damage? Forget it. Now it's a slightly improved fire, more or less. Only much, MUCH harder to inflict. But WG claims that actual flooding damage will increase, presumably because now people are going to be ignoring floodings just like they ignore single fires :Smile_teethhappy: So it's not a nerf to ships that use torps :Smile_teethhappy: Flawless logic :Smile_teethhappy:

According to the same logic, personally I have a great idea - give all DDs 100k hp pools. That wouldn't be a buff because then they would no longer care so much about being spotted, so the enemies would be dealing more damage to them :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 5

Players
5,439 posts
8,137 battles
46 minutes ago, mlgomez said:

It isn't but when they're almost point-blank, you have only a bit of time to react. In my experience as a surface ship, angling towards them and baiting them onto the armor belt is the best counter. I often eat torps that way that only deal like 3k of damage. The only problem is I quickly have to think of the trade: Do I take reduced torp damage, risking exposing my broadside to a Yamato? Or is the risk of eating higher torp damage more worth it to just keep a position where I can ricochet most shells?

At the same time, your map awareness and positional strategy has to be taken into account, and while you are constantly thinking of that, it could be a little distracting to have two CVs completely focusing on you with their TBs, especially if they are at least semi-competent. The challenge is great and introduces new calculations into the equation, so I'm not really complaining. Just explaining how the situation looks like from a surface perspective. From the perspective of a CV, I am usually sporting an evil grin =))

If you start maneuvering when fishes are in the water, don't you think you're tad too late?:Smile_smile:

2 minutes ago, Darth_Glorious said:

They nerfed Jap and US CVs to the ground to give place for RN CVs :cap_haloween:.

Only to find them US level of useless:Smile_trollface:

Players
1,520 posts
8,382 battles

I didn't enjoy playing the USN CVs, I'm not spending time or game resources on CVs at all at the moment and this won't change it. Quite sad to see a new British line of ships with zero appeal, but that's what we have here. 

[ORSA]
Players
113 posts
3,232 battles
7 hours ago, puffpuff134 said:

What are your thinkings about the British CV(s) presentation ?

The 0.8.1 update thread is still locked, Im very much looking forward to play the British CV`s :-)

How do you think it will affect your gameplay or the gameplay in general ?

Its sooooooooo exciting !

They will be OP as hell, for a week, and when enough Darwin award candidates burn several houndred euros on free xp to get them they will be nerfed to oblivion.

• Cool 9

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
875 posts
7,599 battles
36 minutes ago, B051LjKo said:

They will be OP as hell, for a week, and when enough Darwin award candidates burn several houndred euros on free xp to get them they will be nerfed to oblivion.

This, this, this.

As they are right now they are brokenly op, or rather, they are the only viable line of cvs, cause the others are useless.

They will get termonuked-nerfed, the only question is how much time they will need.

I would rather make the other cvs more viable than nerf everything to the lower common denominator, but we all know how wg works

• Cool 1