Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Perekotypole

Blacklist useless?

23 comments in this topic

Players
37 posts
2,259 battles

Today one player (named *edit*, kind of appropriate, he was pink too) spent whole match sailing along the border and non-stop spamming broadcasts... That was annoying as hell. And guess what, after the game it turns out he was in my blacklist already, probably for similar behaviour before. What the use does blacklist have if I still get teamed up with players that I enlisted there?

[RBMF]
491 posts
6,713 battles

Hiya, please do not name and shame players. It is against the forum rules as a result I have removed the player's name from your post. Also, I understand the game can be frustrating at times but nonconstructive and negative posts are also against forum rules. If you need to, you can find the rules here.

The blacklist does not prevent players from being matched up in the same game as you, it simply does not allow you to see messages from listed players in port. As far as I know, it does not block their messages or quick messages in battle but I am not 100% sure on that. 

Regards, CptMinia.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
37 posts
2,259 battles

It certainly doesn't block their broadcasts. He broadcasted like few hundred times. Thanks for correcting me, wasn't aware of that rule. But where do you report misbehavior that goes way beyond being whole match afk?

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,160 battles
1 minute ago, Perekotypole said:

It certainly doesn't block their broadcasts.

As I said - WRITTEN messages are blocked, pings are not.

2 minutes ago, Perekotypole said:

But where do you report misbehavior that goes way beyond being whole match afk?

You can try your luck with support, but at least 9 times out of 10 that's useless even if you have an actual case to report instead of just thinking you do

[RBMF]
491 posts
6,713 battles
7 minutes ago, Perekotypole said:

It certainly doesn't block their broadcasts. He broadcasted like few hundred times. Thanks for correcting me, wasn't aware of that rule. But where do you report misbehaviour that goes way beyond being whole match afk?

If you feel a player is not following the game rules on purpose you can send a ticket to customer support, it will make it easier if you have a replay or even better some screenshots.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
307 posts
13,714 battles
32 minutes ago, CptMinia said:

Hiya, please do not name and shame players. It is against the forum rules as a result I have removed the player's name from your post. Also, I understand the game can be frustrating at times but nonconstructive and negative posts are also against forum rules. If you need to, you can find the rules here.

you do understand that such provided anonymity is one of the main reasons why crap like this happens

if proof is provided then naming and shaming should be allowed

• Cool 3

[EUR]
Players
370 posts
4,103 battles

I found out through try and error that an inflated blacklist (too full) causes my game to crash on stats screen idk why but since I emptied the list Im more stable. I mean the game is more stable :)

[RBMF]
491 posts
6,713 battles
38 minutes ago, hellhound666 said:

you do understand that such provided anonymity is one of the main reasons why crap like this happens

I personally disagree entirely, I will also add that I do not make the rules. Moderators enforce them when needed. Also, note that discussing moderation is against forum rules. As I said earlier, if you have a problem with another player in the game then take it up with customer support and if needed they will take action against said player. End of discussion.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,144 posts
10,647 battles
40 minutes ago, hellhound666 said:

I'd be careful with that sentiment. It's not exactly hard to provide "proof" in form of photoshopped screenshots.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
307 posts
13,714 battles
13 minutes ago, CptMinia said:

I personally disagree entirely, I will also add that I do not make the rules. Moderators enforce them when needed. Also, note that discussing moderation is against forum rules. As I said earlier, if you have a problem with another player in the game then take it up with customer support and if needed they will take action against said player. End of discussion.

so, anonymity makes it somehow better ... imho this kind of anonymity is one of the core problems of today's world? i understand that you not making rules and act just as enforcer here so ...

Beta Tester
307 posts
13,714 battles
16 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

I'd be careful with that sentiment. It's not exactly hard to provide "proof" in form of photoshopped screenshots.

wg would probably be able to figure it out if smthg was said/done ...

[SCRUB]
Players
8,144 posts
10,647 battles
Just now, hellhound666 said:

WG yes, but the community on the forum or wherever doesn't exactly has access to undoctored chatlogs, etc.. It would only take one particularily motivated douchecanoe with basic photoshop skills and a very small number of gullible people getting vocal to start a smear campaign.

Hence why it isn't allowed and why WG maintains the monopoly on handling this stuff. Sure they could handle it better, but I would trust a larger number of random people gleefully jumping to conclusions to handle it much, much worse.

• Cool 2

Players
151 posts
10,897 battles

Why cant you just make it so it blocks map pings and quick commands of blacklisted players too? Why do we need to go through customer support?

I have had the misfortune of having to report several of these players for border surfing in the map corners spamming quick commands for no other reason to irritate people (probablt because they was already chat banned), i have sent in replays and of course, the result is “we cant discuss it but thanks for reporting”.

How hard can it be to silence map pings and commands by using the mute button...

[SCRUB]
Players
716 posts
13,203 battles
1 hour ago, JohnMac79 said:

Why cant you just make it so it blocks map pings and quick commands of blacklisted players too? Why do we need to go through customer support?

How hard can it be to silence map pings and commands by using the mute button...

That has been requested multiple times over the past few years. The answer was (if I'm not mistaken) that it's on WG's radar and that they will probably do it at some point, but it's more complicated than it seems and it's not very high on their list of priorities 

[TOXIC]
Players
4,487 posts
11,455 battles
7 hours ago, hellhound666 said:

Yes, WG would. Which is precisely why you (are supposed to) go to WG (by sending a support ticket) and not to the Forum.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,134 posts
6,705 battles
9 hours ago, hellhound666 said:

I think one of the main reasons behind the 'no naming and shaming' (not matter how much it's deserved) is that WG are trying to prevent bullying.

As has been mentioned in this thread it's not that hard to photoshop images to show something that did not happen.   Replays are the way to go but you can't post a replay of such behaviour as that is also considered 'naming and shaming'.   The only thing to do is to raise a ticket wit support and attach the replay - you will probably just get a 'cut and paste'  response about the automated system

[BAD-B]
Players
876 posts
2,506 battles
10 hours ago, hellhound666 said:

If you have sufficient proof then there is no shaming, I'd consider it a PSA ....

The trouble is, deciding what is sufficient proof is up to WG, so yeah ...

[ONE2]
Players
2,737 posts
15,741 battles
10 hours ago, hellhound666 said:

Lad, I think @CptMinia understands this very well, but WG is the one who makes the forum rules. If you break them, they will just give you a warning or a Forum ban and remove your post / thread from the forum making YOU the bad guy here. That would not benefit anyone now would it?:Smile_Default:

[SKIDZ]
Players
829 posts

So if someone bully’s you in a game you can’t name them because it’s bullying lol couldn’t make this crap up

• Funny 2

Players
3,477 posts
8,165 battles
11 hours ago, lossi_2018 said:

I found out through try and error that an inflated blacklist (too full) causes my game to crash on stats screen idk why but since I emptied the list Im more stable. I mean the game is more stable :)

It also slows down the port UI significantly. My guess is this is because the game continually wants to check the online status of everyone on any of your lists (including the blacklist, for some reason).

• Cool 1

Players
3,477 posts
8,165 battles
12 hours ago, hellhound666 said:

I'd tend to agree with this, but the problem with this is that these people will basically do whatever seems the most plausible in their book and also they will go a looooong way to get things their way. This will cause so much extra work for people like devs, admins and moderators that they will even get flooded by all kinds of complaints and requests because these kinds of people will simply not shut up.

If they have even the slightest impression that they have an opening to get their way, they will go all the way and hardly care about whether it's appropriate or if a certain opening is meant to be used this way (think about sending in a complaint about a hacker. These people will perhaps flood their customer support about every person that kills him in the game and somehow mingle it into a complaint about hacking, just so they can get their way).

Imo the best way to deal with these kinds of people is to simply block their ways of communication for a time, so they can cool down and don't bother the flow of the game as much. If they then start thinking about their behavior, bonus.

I'm of the stance that if an accusation is clearly true, then why shouldn't it be allowed? Well, because certain people will go a long way to explore (and possibly exploit) the boundaries of these rules and in the end it will be very hard to enforce these rules because these certain people will not get the point and will not get hints. The only ways you can stop these people is to either mute them in some way (a ban of some form) or change the rules so there's nothing to exploit for them.

Imo it's not even the easy way out, it's the non-hard way out. Yes, people are really that bad. Think of then as kids that start a tantrum to get their own way and have no respect or empathy for anyone but themselves (but will fake that they do, if this helps them get their way).

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,591 posts
8,102 battles
2 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

If you have sufficient proof then there is no shaming, I'd consider it a PSA ....

The trouble is, deciding what is sufficient proof is up to WG, so yeah ...

+

47 minutes ago, chazwozza said:

So if someone bully’s you in a game you can’t name them because it’s bullying lol couldn’t make this crap up

Also a good reason for why this is forbidden is that they get judged at a placed they don't know about.

How would you feel about Police showing up at your house to arrest you because you were found guilty in a court which you didn't know about so you couldn't present your side of the story?

Even if you are guilty that just sounds wrong. This comes on top of the above explained "people will make up proof if they have the motivation".

For example people fighting it out here in the Forums will "just" get their thread locked for not being constructive with the hint to do that with PMs or again with support because only those can be the "judges".

Anyway on Topic: As was said above WG already stated that it's on their agenda but not so easy as you may think and they are currently busy with other more pressing things. (like cv rework :Smile_smile:)

Sign in to follow this