Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
B051LjKo

Fighters mechanic

9 comments in this topic

[ORSA]
Players
113 posts
3,307 battles

Is it just me, or fighters either do absoloutly nothing or annihilate the whole squadron? Does it have to be like this? All or nothing? How about something in the middle, like messing up the aim. The gameplay is rather retarded atm. Dump the fighter, and either the attacker is not paying attention and loses a squadron, or nothing happens for a minute, and then he flies away. I've seen mobile phone games with better solutions than this one.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,160 battles

Afaik every single fighter kills 1 bomber. So 8 fighters vs 8 bombers = complete annihilation

Might easily be completely wrong on this, t4 doesn't really have too many fighters :Smile_trollface:

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
6,141 battles

Each fighter  kills 1 attacking aircraft. Ship AA should kill the rest. For quite some number of ships the combination is not survivable for a squadron. Cannot always prevent any weapon to be dropped/launched though.

To negate the effect i often use my own fighter consumable to wear out that of the ship i want to attack. When they are finished killing each other it's usually  "only" its AA i have to worry about.

Players
5,521 posts
8,172 battles

Fighters are death sentence if you catch their attention, which seems to take about 3-5 seconds of being within range (red-orange "fighters"), if it happens you can kiss your planes goodbye unless you can drag them close to friendly AA, as they are VERY vulnerable now

5 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Each fighter  kills 1 attacking aircraft. Ship AA should kill the rest. For quite some number of ships the combination is not survivable for a squadron. Cannot always prevent any weapon to be dropped/launched though.

To negate the effect i often use my own fighter consumable to wear out that of the ship i want to attack. When they are finished killing each other it's usually  "only" its AA i have to worry about.

Dunno about that, as I had quite a few cases of few catapult fighters from IJN ships obliterating entire squadron, so 4 to 9-12 planes

Players
1,108 posts
5,881 battles
Vor 3 Minuten, Beastofwar sagte:

Interesting thought but flying close, dropping the fighter and flying out again makes you take to much dmg in the process, better to just search for another target or press F to arrive again after the Fighter consumeable ran out for an easy bombing.

Sometimes it's also not the wrong idea to press on, if you are sure that one attack run will be enough to secure this kill it might even be better to just suicide that squad.

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
6,141 battles
7 minutes ago, Zuihou25 said:

Interesting thought but flying close, dropping the fighter and flying out again makes you take to much dmg in the process, better to just search for another target or press F to arrive again after the Fighter consumeable ran out for an easy bombing.

Sometimes it's also not the wrong idea to press on, if you are sure that one attack run will be enough to secure this kill it might even be better to just suicide that squad.

Tried and tested, if i want that target for a tactical reason then it is worth it.

Squadron won't take much damage as fighter consumables zones need only touch and they will go at each other. Can even lure fighters out of their zone, accelerate away  and then drop the consumable.

Strange thing is the ship fighter consumable seems  always to be "used up" even though ship AA is shooting at my fighter consumable too and therefore should kill my fighter consumable with some ship fighters surviving. But that doesn't appear to happen.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,626 posts
15,348 battles
1 hour ago, Panocek said:

Dunno about that, as I had quite a few cases of few catapult fighters from IJN ships obliterating entire squadron, so 4 to 9-12 planes

Haven't experienced this myself so I'm unsure whether what you claim is true or not, but this might be due to the combination of fighter and AA DPS.

Say a fighter drops the health of a plane to red but AA kills it. Said fighter will still be active because it hasn't registered a kill. If you're unlucky a single fighter squad may damage an entire squadron while AA reaps the kills this way.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,491 posts
11,458 battles
10 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

Unless you're attacking targets with a fighter but also a somewhat weak AA, I'm pretty sure you just get an impression that it works... while it really doesn't do much beyond increasing planekill stats of the enemy. Good AA, from what I've seen, obliterates a full fighter squadron in seconds - I doubt they can even lock onto the enemy fighters (or be locked on) before they disappear. I haven't played much CV since 0.8.0.3 but I know what Akizuki AA does to even t10 fighters... and, if I'm not mistaken, Akizuki's AA (while good for a t8 DD) is far behind most (same and higher tier) ships that can spit fighters into the air.

Sign in to follow this