Sign in to follow this  
Emma_Spark

Silver ship and tactics?

9 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts

Hi! I'm new here, can you explain to me what is Silver ship? Is that a Premium ship? Or not?

Also is there any good tactics guide? 

Thank you!

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
7,299 posts
Vor 3 Minuten, Emma_Spark sagte:

can you explain to me what is Silver ship?

a ship that you can buy for silver = credits, so the regular ships from the tech trees

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
17,349 posts
11,710 battles

Silver ships are all ships that can be bought with ingame Credits and are part of the Tech Tree of each nation.

They also get a silver symbol, when they are fully researched.

Premium ships have a golden symbol and usually have a "free" permanent camouflage, better credit income and allow to use any captain of a nation without need to retrain them.

• Cool 1

Players
2 posts
4 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

a ship that you can buy for silver = credits, so the regular ships from the tech trees

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Silver ships are all ships that can be bought with ingame Credits and are part of the Tech Tree of each nation.

They also get a silver symbol, when they are fully researched.

Premium ships have a golden symbol and usually have a "free" permanent camouflage, better credit income and allow to use any captain of a nation without need to retrain them.

OK! I've got that now, thank you! 

[KURLA]
Players
899 posts
17,499 battles

First of all welcome to the forum (and the game ?). :Smile_honoring:

1 hour ago, Emma_Spark said:

Also is there any good tactics guide? 

Are you looking for a specific class ? nation ? ship ?

Small remark on the side: There are premiums you can buy for 1 credit, though you have to research them with free exp before.

Currently out of the original 3 only HMS Nelson is available but 2 new ones are in the pipeline.

[SM0KE]
Players
3,001 posts
7,181 battles
5 hours ago, Emma_Spark said:

Hi! I'm new here

Welcome!

Others have answered the premium/silver question, but if you want more specific information about the various ships, have a look in here: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships - I wouldn't try and read all of it in one go (there are a *lot* of ships in the game); I'd suggest looking up the ones you need to know about, as you move up the tiers.

There's a lot of stuff in there about game mechanics as well, which will also be useful.

As to 'how tos', there's lots of good stuff on YouTube, but be mindful that a lot has been rendered out-of-date by the recent rework of the aircraft carriers (CVs); this mainly impacts the class in question, plus matters relating to AA, and aircraft consumables (spotters/fighters). The Captain's Academy series by iChase is a good place to start: https://www.youtube.com/user/ichasegaming

The 'How It Works' series from WG themselves is also quite useful: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6tL95G3ZD_JLUrn52JM_7w

A lot of this stuff is more mechanics related in the first instance, but a lot of the tactics stuff makes more sense if one has a basic understanding of the game's mechanics; if you're properly new to the game (and not just changing servers, say), you can expect quite a long learning curve; on the whole though, this isn't a bad thing as it contributes to the game holding its interest for longer...

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
3,001 posts
7,181 battles

BTW OP: you might want to remove that rather blatant advert from your signature; it might give people the (no doubt erroneous) idea your account was just created to spam the forum...

[DMAS]
Beta Tester
53 posts
10,999 battles
1 hour ago, Verblonde said:

BTW OP: you might want to remove that rather blatant advert from your signature; it might give people the (no doubt erroneous) idea your account was just created to spam the forum...

I do not think this is a real player actually.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
3,001 posts
7,181 battles
2 minutes ago, ZeMalm said:

I do not think this is a real player actually.

Having seen the advert, I don't either (I was being tactful above); still, the advice people have given may come in handy for subsequent visitors...

Sign in to follow this