MrConway

Update 0.8.1 - General Feedback

200 comments in this topic

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
774 posts
5,637 battles

Please remove the functionality of players requiring to re-research CV ships, in case the entire US/JP CV Line has been returned.

The current re-research of the US/JP CV line costs players up to 800000 Free XP.

IMHO there should be no ships in the game which need to be researched multiple times.

[CATS]
Players
17,819 posts
11,758 battles
14 minutes ago, AirSupremacy said:

Please remove the functionality of players requiring to re-research CV ships, in case the entire US/JP CV Line has been returned.

The current re-research of the US/JP CV line costs players up to 800000 Free XP.

IMHO there should be no ships in the game which need to be researched multiple times.

As we told you: then do NOT return them! Sell them!

And WG will hardly change it after 7 weeks....

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
774 posts
5,637 battles

So, in the future some ships should need to be researched multiple times ?

This would be good money for WG, but not in the player interest.

I speak for players and do not work for WG - Therefore I represent player interests, including my own.

I would not like to see a future where we have to research ships multiple times.

This is my feedback, if others like to spend XP and money on researching ships multiple times - I dont.

[CATS]
Players
17,819 posts
11,758 battles
6 hours ago, AirSupremacy said:

So, in the future some ships should need to be researched multiple times ?

Only when there is a return option (this was the FIRST time in over three years) AND players decide to return a ship instead of selling it.

It is a players choice.

If a player does not know what he is doing, that is hardly the fault of WG.

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
774 posts
5,637 battles

Again, my opinion is that once researched ships should stay researched.

If WG initiates future ship return or ship test programmes, I would welcome it if a once researched ship stays researched. I spent 0.8 million Free XP I had on my account and 200 million credits on testing CV`s, getting a Midway line refund was denied with the answer that I already received a free XP refund for invested free XP on the Haku line.

It's all these little tricks and hooks which add up, like the default on the resupply of camouflages and other consumables set on "Auto resupply with doubloons". The new idea is ship rentals, I would not wonder if one can someday purchase land on an island map to build something on.

[CATS]
Players
17,819 posts
11,758 battles
3 minutes ago, AirSupremacy said:

Again, my opinion is that once researched ships should stay researched.

They do. Unless YOU ACTIVLY decide against it. 

That is freedom of choice. It is also the freedom to mess up.

WG can limit our choices to protect us from ourselves, if that is what you want?

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
774 posts
5,637 battles

My request and feedback is that a once research ship or ship line should remain researched.

Look if I would now again give away the Midway, that alone always costs nearly 300K Free XP to be re-researched.

Why should a CV ship be billable re-researched, if other ships remain researched after once researched?

I had the Haku line once, you think it's nice to pay up to 800K Free XP for the re-research or to re-grind the entire path again if one wants to have it sometime again in the future ?

[CATS]
Players
17,819 posts
11,758 battles
10 minutes ago, AirSupremacy said:

My request and feedback is that a once research ship or ship line should remain researched.

Look if I would now again give away the Midway, that alone always costs nearly 300K Free XP to be researched.

Why should a CV ship be billable re-researched, if other ships remain researched after once researched?

I had the Haku line once, you think it's nice to pay up to 800K Free XP for the re-research or to re-grind the entire path again if one wants to have it sometime again in the future ?

You did that to yourself.

I gave my Tier VI CV back since I want to start at Tier IV again. I have to do the research again, but that is what I wanted.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
7,528 posts
Vor 15 Minuten, AirSupremacy sagte:

Why should a CV ship be billable re-researched, if other ships remain researched?

sell the ship in the port, as other ships, and it will stay researched...

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
774 posts
5,637 battles

As you sell the entire JP line, its needs to be re-grinded or re-researched ( JP/US 800K Free XP ) if one has been granted a WG support Free XP refund in the past.

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
774 posts
5,637 battles

As one uses the sell function via the "Aircraft carriers" in the Inventory, sold US or JP CV`s need to be re-grinded or re-researched ( JP/US 800K Free XP ).

I guess my mistake was to access that programme, as I was not aware that tier1 ship XP cannot be used for other ship research, besides the next ship connected to Tier1. Maybe you guys always knew that Tier1 ship XP can only be used for the next connected ship, I did not know. Now I know how Tier 1 ship XP works, but for me its too late.

WG, on future programmes - Please have it in the way that once researched ships remain researched, thank you.

[CATS]
Players
17,819 posts
11,758 battles
1 minute ago, AirSupremacy said:

As one uses the sell function via the "Aircraft carriers" in the Inventory, any US or JP ships need to be re-grinded or re-researched ( JP/US 800K Free XP ).

I guess my mistake was to access that programme, as I was not aware that tier1 ship XP cannot be used for other ship research, besides the next ship connected to Tier1.

• Do not use it
  • The inventory tells you what you get
  • And that you cannot use Tier I XP for Tier III or higher ships is learned when you research Tier III ships for the first time...

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
774 posts
5,637 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  • Do not use it
  • The inventory tells you what you get
  • And that you cannot use Tier I XP for Tier III or higher ships is learned when you research Tier III ships for the first time... 

1.) I did

2.) The screen does not inform users that Tier one1 XP can only be used for the next connected ship

3.) You may know that, I didnt.

[CATS]
Players
17,819 posts
11,758 battles
11 minutes ago, AirSupremacy said:

1.) I did

2.) The screen does not inform users that Tier one1 XP can only be used for the next connected ship

3.) You may know that, I didnt.

2. It tells you that you get regular XP instead of Free XP. That should set off every Alarm!
  3. It helps to look at your screen when you research ships, especially since you did it multiple times...

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
774 posts
5,637 battles

It sunk in as I saw 5.4 million ship XP on the Tier 1 US ship Eerie.

I still find it another WG money machine that early Tier ship XP is useless for experienced players.

Happy florin collecting, looking forward to pink diamonds and the conversion rate of red butterflies :D

[CATS]
Players
17,819 posts
11,758 battles
20 minutes ago, AirSupremacy said:

I still find it another WG money machine that early Tier ship XP is useless for experienced players.

Then do not use it. This applies to all Elite XP on ships.

[CATS]
Players
17,819 posts
11,758 battles
4 minutes ago, AirSupremacy said:

I cant use it - Its Tier 1 ship XP.

Happy WoWs ;)

:fish_palm:

Yes, you can with Dubloons. That is what you were complaining about :fish_panic:

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
774 posts
5,637 battles

Yeah, haha :)

Initially WG offered to exchange 5.4 million Midway ship xp to free xp, but they decided to refund 0.8 million free xp from the Haku return without my interaction.

As I wasn't aware that that Tier1 ship XP can basically be used for nothing and is used as a dump location for the CV rework programme, I was so clever to use the programme to give back the US line as I wrongly believed I could use Tier1 ship xp to research the US tree fully.

So with my action to sell the US CV line the WG refunded 0.8 Million Haku free xp was then also dumped on to Tier1 US Eerie as ship xp.

I performed the action to sell the US line with the rework option, my bad - I wish I would have known that Tier1 ship xp can be used for effectively nothing in my case and Tier1 ships are being used as a Free XP>Ship XP dump location with no further possible use of that ship xp.

Anyways, my feedback remains on the programme and future programmes, a once researched ship should remain researched...No matter what the user does. Sure, it was my click actions and my fault.

Players
2 posts
3,884 battles

Hello WG how about the option that you could freely place all your ships in the harbor at will it would look like in the movie pearl haboer and you would have a free view to his own fleet to look at the one has earned for it could If you ask for a small extra charge that would certainly please many people or you can do it for free

Players
4 posts

World of Warships generally has been totally fxxx up now after the Carrier chances... and no uppgrade of AA on ships... and in addition allowing 2 high tier CVs in the same battle with mostly T8 or less ships... game are more or less ruined for those not playing CVs.!

• Cool 1

Players
1,864 posts
12,893 battles

Exeter's Last Stand:

Once again, disappointment prevails, by and large.

And I'm not even talking about the frustration to find out that the "Knights of Devon" thingy has already expired by the time you have ground the ship.

For one thing, once again, the individual missions of the chain did nothing - nothing! to promote good gameplay. Whenever WG puts up an incentive like a free premium ship, but then poses dull challenges like "get 750,000 damage", they waste great opportunities to increase the overall skill of the player base.

And for what? Farming and grinding is not fun, not rewarding and it doesn't even increase WG's profit. All it does is keep the server slightly more populated - in this case, mostly in the Co-Op matches, otherwise known as the "side tables" normally used to punish undesirable elements such as team killers.

Incentives are too valuable for that. They should ideally be used to reward didacticized challenges that stimulate casual players to learn new skills and acquire crucial knowledge that will hopefully help  make them better players.

This could even be associated with solving more complex strings of tasks that build on one another... gathering clues, solving riddles... how cool would it be if future events like this were in the format of something like a scavenger hunt? Just spitballing here, but an event where you're rolled into a small team of people that stays together for several layered tasks, forcing them to work together to accomplish the challenge?

• Cool 3

Players
12 posts
5,732 battles

The game is destroyed in Tier 10

-2 cvs which can do 15-20 k damage with the bombs, who is the smart one ,developer, behind that. ARE YOU BLIND?ARE YOU DEAF? we say they same things since the update. I stop buying things beacause of that, i play less because of that, good for me bad for U

-Tier 8 mismatch ,

• Cool 1

[SV3]
Players
10 posts
17,293 battles

The bad part:
Double CV´s  in high tiers (8-10) is way too much.
Totaly brain freeze on the dude who came up with that idea?

Prio 1 for CV is to perma spot and kill DDs
Prio 2 take out the low AA cruisers like the IJN & Germans
Whats left?
BBs who sits at max range and snipe.
The CV matches are so boring except for the CV players

The best part of it:
The hype of CV´s seems to be over, at least on the EU server except on weekends.
Last 100 games i´ve only had about 8 games with a CV in it.