MrConway

Update 0.8.1 - General Feedback

200 comments in this topic

Players
326 posts
14,820 battles
9 minutes ago, 300ConfirmedKills said:

Sound levels are still a mess after the most recent patch. There was a small improvement, but the 'whoosh' in 'shell-cam' is still far too loud.

yepp, and airplane "attack run" sounds are totally broken , it sounds like the planes are right over my head when they are 2-3 km away, attacking some other target sometimes.

[-P2V-]
Players
25 posts
4,177 battles

@MrConway

Please can we get the statistics for the cvs split per patch / hotfix so we have a realistic performance to evaluate. until the final stats are decided.

Because there is no way what we are seeing is a true reflection of the stats. Most of that information is probably pre 1st hotfix.

[CATS]
Players
17,733 posts
11,751 battles
8 minutes ago, Jasper115 said:

@MrConway

Please can we get the statistics for the cvs split per patch / hotfix so we have a realistic performance to evaluate. until the final stats are decided.

Because there is no way what we are seeing is a true reflection of the stats. Most of that information is probably pre 1st hotfix.

What do you want to know exactly?

Most of that is here:

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/index.html

[-P2V-]
Players
25 posts
4,177 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

What do you want to know exactly?

Most of that is here:

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/index.html

In game statistics, I should have to go to a 3rd party site to get the information that I require. If you want to test the cvs on the live version split the stats.

[CATS]
Players
17,733 posts
11,751 battles

What do you want to know? Put that into words. You are not saying much.

Tier X CV look like this at the moment:

image.thumb.png.02a74f11721bd03b3c094988c4c1048b.png

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,945 posts
15,693 battles

Please for the love of all that is holy get rid of 2x CV games.

Population has already fallen to the point where we have pre-rework levels of participation. By removing the 2x and 3x ruleset we can stretch the population over a larger portion of matches, making it appear more healthy again.

I'm also sick and tired of getting :etc_swear: teammates who do not know how to play and thus throw the match before it has even started. Since you refuse to do a general intelligence test in the game either remove multiple CVs per match or allow 2x CV divisions again.

Also Shards in high tiers is awful. Restrict the map back into mid tiers.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,945 posts
15,693 battles

Strongly suggest to increase attack flight size of Furious Level Bombers to two. Having a squad of 4 where only one plane attacks at a time is both silly and incredibly ineffective.

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,682 posts
2,600 battles
20 hours ago, Jasper115 said:

In game statistics, I should have to go to a 3rd party site to get the information that I require. If you want to test the cvs on the live version split the stats.

Sorry, but we cannot share that information. The publicly available information is present on those 3rd party sites that pull them directly from our API.

[B0TS]
Players
163 posts
13,669 battles

Still hate the CV's.

A double T10 Midway in each side.......it was so much fun in a shima......  NOT.

Thx WG....my enjoyment is waning.

[STURM]
[STURM]
Beta Tester
19 posts
8,938 battles

Todays nerf of the Graf Zeppelin torpedoes is disappointing and, in my opinion, unnecessary.

You really want to give a tier 8 CV worse torpedoes than the majority of the tier 4 CVs?

In 8 out of 10 matches I have I find myself currently with the GZ in tier 10 matches where the GZ has a hard time to do any damage at all.

And at least for me the torpedo bombers were the main tool I used as the AP bombs are a one-trick pony just against BBs.

According to “world of warships numbers” the GZ is in average damage output just 4.000 pts better than the Implacable and 7.000 pts better than Saipan and Kaga. These figures are still from the time where the GZ torpedoes hat 6.000 pts of damage.

Now the damage is 1.577 pts lower than before. Guess the desired end state is to move this ship into the last third. Than we are back to the situation where the GZ started back in August 2017.

Just my two cents.

Best regards

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[DREAD]
Players
7,038 posts
5,639 battles

@MrConway so now a Graf Zeppelin Torpedo does about as much damage as two to three destroyer HE shells?! I mean seriously....?

And where is the fix against stupidly overbuffed AA?

• Funny 1

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,927 posts
7,212 battles

My Feedback, what I really wish to change: The approach of Divebombers against targets close to islands. The aiming throws of so quickly, just because an island is close, that I can't really react to that. It's not intuitive, when there is an island close the to drop zone, that the aiming jumps 500 meter forward in 0,3 seconds.

[STURM]
[STURM]
Beta Tester
19 posts
8,938 battles
30 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

So, GZ 65.035 pts., Implaceable 65.887 pts.

Keen to see how it will look in one week when the nerf took effect.

By the way, good web link. I was not aware of this page. How have you sorted the tiers? Have you exported the date into an excel spreadsheet?

Best regards

[-RT-]
Beta Tester
43 posts
7,388 battles

AA was not supposed to be able to hit planes behind islands. So why is it when I'm completely on the other side of the island from an enemy ship their AA still shoots through the island?

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
17,733 posts
11,751 battles
7 hours ago, Wolfsgrimm said:

By the way, good web link. I was not aware of this page. How have you sorted the tiers? Have you exported the date into an excel spreadsheet?

Yes. I use Excel for sorting the data.

[-P2V-]
Players
25 posts
4,177 battles
14 hours ago, MrConway said:

Sorry, but we cannot share that information. The publicly available information is present on those 3rd party sites that pull them directly from our API.

But what... 

All I am asking is like how you have split pre rework cvs stats and post  rework, Is that you split the post rework into its patches until you have stabilised the cvs. And I I mean in the players service record.

I just feel like I am deliberately being deceived now because of this answer.

• Cool 1

[ELSA]
Players
6 posts
3,017 battles
3 hours ago, Jasper115 said:

But what... 

All I am asking is like how you have split pre rework cvs stats and post  rework, Is that you split the post rework into its patches until you have stabilised the cvs. And I I mean in the players service record.

I just feel like I am deliberately being deceived now because of this answer.

I think we are all feeling cheated by these latest updates.  I know I've lost all interest in the game, and feeling very annoyed for all the time I've wasted playing the game and getting to the top level CV.   If I'd known the game was going to end up as fly your own plane, like world of warplanes, I'd have never bothered playing the game at all.

This 'was' a great game now gone bad.

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,682 posts
2,600 battles
18 hours ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

@MrConway so now a Graf Zeppelin Torpedo does about as much damage as two to three destroyer HE shells?! I mean seriously....?

And where is the fix against stupidly overbuffed AA?

Check out the PTS today, it includes new AA changes.

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
Players
163 posts
13,669 battles

So...in a Shima with 4 Midways.......I was spawned at one side. I sail directly to the edge of map to avoid being detected....not even towards the cap......I could see the planes looking for me. I try to start without being spotted......I turned away going opposite direction of the enemy. I get spotted focused by the planes and die.

The spotting that these CV's have is absolutely DISGUSTING. If you don't think so then you must be a CV player.

Get it sorted WG. 

• Cool 1