Update 0.8.1 - General Feedback

200 comments in this topic

[OP-B]
Beta Tester
903 posts
4,158 battles
On 2/28/2019 at 2:34 PM, MrFingers said:

Audio is indeed a bit/way off...

Also, who hired Buddy Rich? All those drumrolls upon logging in, hitting battle button, finding a battle, getting in the battle... annoying and redundant!

zT3XJu.gif

:Smile_great: Annoying as ...

If anyone can tell me how I can lower the sound of this one. Much appreciated in advance.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ORSA]
Players
190 posts
3,406 battles
On 2/28/2019 at 2:13 PM, Smudge said:

I think something is terribly broken with the AA at the moment. I’d consider myself a competent CV player, I’ve been playing them quite a lot since the initial rework. I mostly play the Tier 8 Lexington. 

Today I was playing in the lex and come across a Tier X GK (as I always seem to be uptiered) he was on his own, and I though to myself brilliant, lone BB should be a easy target. Rolled in with my torp planes got one pass off, and as I was boosting away from the GK the entire air wing of torp planes got destroyed before I could leave the AA influence bubble! That’s never  happened before when attacking a GK! Let alone a lone ship. 

I have a 17 point CV captain, I have both the perks that increase aircraft armour and health, as well as all the modules/upgrades for the torp planes.

how can it be after making one pass on a BB EVERY aircraft got melted before I could even escape the AA bubble. 

Mom the way out I was boosting, rolling left and right to avoid the black stuff, but I literally couldn’t do anything to save my planes.

i can’t help but feel AA damage calculations have been broken.

i also took a dive bomber squadron against a Montana (which I know has really strong AA) but it was towards the end of the game and he was one of the last ships alone. Every aircraft got destroyed before I could even drop a bomb. And that was boosting towards the Montana from the bow. Before I could get to bomb range every aircraft was dead.. 

if CVs are to be continually uptiered at least balance it so we can take part, not just get trolled by ships even with low AA ratings

You need to pick you targets when uptiered. You should have kept that GK passivly spotted, also alt tabbing and buying some containers would deffinitly improved fun factor for you.

Besides, you managed to make a drop agyinst tier x and still complaining? Hello?!

Players
1 post
2,660 battles

Cleveland has no Gun or AA sounds.

Some say it's only with Freedom Cammo mounted ( no tested this myself )

[REBUS]
[REBUS]
Players
210 posts
17,981 battles
3 hours ago, RoguePFC said:

Bought  and received as gifts, 20 Air Supply containers. Was hoping to get at least a couple of missions for either Vanguard, Hood or Duke of York as update says I had high probability of getting one. None materialized however. I know its not guaranteed but highly disappointed not to receive any at all.

Ok. you can go in front of your big mirror at your home and ask yourself:

Why do I support any kind of roulette, if I can buy any preferred premium ship in the Gift-shop and enjoy it without any time consuming mission ?    What kind of "gift" have you bought actually - nicely designed, but quite expensive frustration ?

(Sorry, I did not want to frustrate you even more, I did the same mistake in the past too ... We are all learning from our mistakes - lets dont repeat them again in the future, ok ?   Goodluck to you and have a nice Sunday with other things! :Smile_glasses: )

• Cool 1

[-CC-]
Players
11 posts
9,304 battles

Can we have an option to turn off those "hype" sounds turned off ? I'm playing this game to chill, not to get a heart attack every time I do anything at port.

Players
326 posts
14,871 battles

About the choices of all these sounds...

In all honesty, what do you think it adds to the game?

Musical sound effects.. (Drum rolls, Electrical guitar jams...)

In my opinion it just makes the whole game the opposite of serious.

It feels like a bit of a joke and low quality and bad imagination.

And just waay too much of it all.

If the sounds were just informative and not "Musical" then it would have been slightly better.

[FCAS]
Players
110 posts
6,943 battles

Signals Signals cant use coal anymore to get some signal. Nice WG.  discusting that we have to pay credits for signals. Why not just take all our credits and free XP with the next update??

Players
3,669 posts
8,430 battles
On 2/28/2019 at 2:51 PM, tilbury_99 said:

checkboxes with sliders.

For a second there you had me confused. I thought that a checkbox is a box in which you can check (i.e. enable or disable, 1 or 0) and thus don't contain any sliders.

I was looking for the checkboxes but couldn't find any near the sliders :Smile_hiding:

Anyway, I got ingame sound disabled completely (after having tried the ingame sounds with my brand new sparkling Alaska and then noticing the ingame music is somehow different in that it seemed toi switch soundtrack every few seconds, which was too mcuh and de-immersifying.

I liked the old one where you basically get a soundtrack for one battle and it switches from exploring to battle and back to exploring etc, but with the same OST (except the last 5 minutes OST swap, which was cool imo). Now it seemd to be all over the place so now I listen to my own music (using media player and not the inmgame option).

Frankly I find the port lag a much more severe problem as that cannot be avoided.

Players
326 posts
14,871 battles

If you have "Dynamic range" or "wide.. " something like that..  enabled under audio and are experiencing audio issues, then try disabling that.

Players
11 posts
1,565 battles
7 minut temu, TheHappyHunter napisał:

Audio is cracking. Didn't have this on version 0.8.0.

Maybe something wrong with the samples. 

I have the same. It's terrible in the headphones.

Players
11 posts
1,565 battles
10 minut temu, Rowboat_Cop napisał:

If you have "Dynamic range" or "wide.. " something like that..  enabled under audio and are experiencing audio issues, then try disabling that.

I can not check if it works. Now the server is constantly being tapped. 10,000 players...

[CATS]
Players
17,833 posts
11,758 battles

Changing audio quality to low solved the issue for me.

2 hours ago, Killroy67 said:

Signals Signals cant use coal anymore to get some signal. Nice WG.  discusting that we have to pay credits for signals. Why not just take all our credits and free XP with the next update??

I suggest to check again...

Players
3,669 posts
8,430 battles

I do want to add that the sound effects by themselves (when disregarding the issues with volume and such) do seem to sound more crisp and vibrant? I do like those changes. I hope the weird volume issues and the battle/explore music thingy does get changed. I don't know what exactly changed here.

Players
3,669 posts
8,430 battles
31 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Changing audio quality to low solved the issue for me.

I suggest to check again...

November Echo Setteseven (the +5% to AA damage) seems to be missing for coal. Only the credit one seems to be available.

The econonic ones seem to be for coal only, which is fine by me.

[-RT-]
Beta Tester
43 posts
7,388 battles

Could you please, please change the spotting after firing back to the way it was before the "fix"?

• Cool 1

[TOWAR]
Players
7 posts
11,374 battles
After this update the game started to go crazy.

It goes very hard during the match, it fades the fps and the game is impossible,

Before this update the game went perfectly.

Pc specs:i5 7400, 8GB DDR4, GTX 1060 6GB.

[ASEET]
Players
47 posts
5,804 battles

Overall good update. :Smile_great:

Liked a lot some of those small things. Like the automatic chat commands for radar & hydro.

Radar rework overall seems to be nice change to the old.

Cons:

- The audio levels seems to be bit too high for some effects. Like the rudder locking sound and speed stage/gear changing sound.

@MrConway Not sure why but lost the flag what I had before this update. The flag:  "Talk Like A Pirate Day Flag"   +  Maybe some others too 

[WHO]
Players
16 posts
12,820 battles

Received the Lunar New Year camo for the Anshan in a container a few weeks back. I can see it in the inventory but can't mount it on the ship. I thought it might change with the new patch but still the same. Anybody have the similar issue?

[PUPSI]
Privateer
7,536 posts
Vor 7 Minuten, DoMiNoEZ sagte:

Received the Lunar New Year camo for the Anshan in a container a few weeks back. I can see it in the inventory but can't mount it on the ship. I thought it might change with the new patch but still the same. Anybody have the similar issue?

did you check your filter settings?

[WHO]
Players
16 posts
12,820 battles

I must have around 50 special and gift camos. There are no issues with any of the others. Just this recent one.

[RSC]
Players
17 posts
3,950 battles

Dear WoWs-Team

I was wondering why you have chosen a project as the new T10 GB-CV? Great Britain built an actual Audacious-Class (HMS Eagle and HMS Ark Royal), it looks even quiet the same as yours. Initially, the Eagle did not get an angled flight deck and the timeframe of the ship would also fit (laid down in 1942 and commissioned in 1951) considering that the Moskwa-Project is from 1953. So why a paper-ship instead of a real one? 

Have a nice Day

LucGvR

Players
1,873 posts
12,917 battles

Also, even though I realize it hasn't been introduced with this specific update, I am not on board with planes carrying a label that tells you which ship launched them.

Granted, it appears necessary in the current meta because there is even less scouting going on, but that is just because WG broke the meta by nerfing the DDs to death with the carrier rework.

It gives players too much information, just like the "x marks the spot" minimap aiming feature.

Both should be removed.

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,685 posts
2,615 battles
11 hours ago, Peerlezz said:

Overall good update. :Smile_great:

Liked a lot some of those small things. Like the automatic chat commands for radar & hydro.

Radar rework overall seems to be nice change to the old.

Cons:

- The audio levels seems to be bit too high for some effects. Like the rudder locking sound and speed stage/gear changing sound.

@MrConway Not sure why but lost the flag what I had before this update. The flag:  "Talk Like A Pirate Day Flag"   +  Maybe some others too 

Just checked your account and the flag is definitely still there - check again ;)

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
17,833 posts
11,758 battles

@MrConway

I do not know if you did it by accident while adapting the GC Testship for Tier VI, but the live Tier V GC got her second 85mm bow removed and geplaced with some 80mm square plates.

While the plates have nearly the same thickness, they are unangled, while the old 85mm bow was nearly unpennable from the front even by a Yamato.

I hope you can clear that up, before this undocumented change makes too many waves.

https://old.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/axnx6j/unannounced_nerf_to_the_armor_of_the_giulio/

Radar_X (WG NA)

"Hey folks, we do appreciate you bringing this to our attention.  We're currently confirming this change and the reasoning behind it and will let you know once that information is made available."

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/185219-so-the-was-cesare-stealth-nerfed/?tab=comments#comment-4350192