MrConway

Update 0.8.1 - General Feedback

200 comments in this topic

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
7 posts
25,189 battles

Hi. 

Agree with all that says sound is terrible, noise everywhere ingame, everytime u get hit, sounds like my grandson slamming tincans, this is bad.

tried everthing execpt mute all sound. i'll be out until fixed… PS. Guess that Alaska has MM going crazy...

Best regards

• Cool 1

[SP4WN]
[SP4WN]
Players
164 posts
17,040 battles
2 hours ago, Rowboat_Cop said:

You also added a sound effect for loading events... it all just sounds like... something unfinished.

Something unfinished? This applies to all aspects of the game...

• Cool 1

Players
82 posts
4,296 battles

One volume slider works for both, the other does noting. It's either always music or none.

I've mentioned this 3 times since PT.  This shows how much attention WG is paying.

Players
45 posts
9,107 battles

The lag in game is unreal, good god what have you done ?, and the horrible god dam sounds are pathetic, groaning and creaking sounds when zoomed in and the ship is turning are just annoying and dumb. UI is still absolute gash. WG you really are ruining this game.

• Cool 5

[RAW]
[RAW]
Beta Tester
23 posts
1,534 battles
4 hours ago, Smudge said:

I think something is terribly broken with the AA at the moment. I’d consider myself a competent CV player, I’ve been playing them quite a lot since the initial rework. I mostly play the Tier 8 Lexington. 

Today I was playing in the lex and come across a Tier X GK (as I always seem to be uptiered) he was on his own, and I though to myself brilliant, lone BB should be a easy target. Rolled in with my torp planes got one pass off, and as I was boosting away from the GK the entire air wing of torp planes got destroyed before I could leave the AA influence bubble! That’s never  happened before when attacking a GK! Let alone a lone ship. 

I have a 17 point CV captain, I have both the perks that increase aircraft armour and health, as well as all the modules/upgrades for the torp planes.

how can it be after making one pass on a BB EVERY aircraft got melted before I could even escape the AA bubble. 

Mom the way out I was boosting, rolling left and right to avoid the black stuff, but I literally couldn’t do anything to save my planes.

i can’t help but feel AA damage calculations have been broken.

i also took a dive bomber squadron against a Montana (which I know has really strong AA) but it was towards the end of the game and he was one of the last ships alone. Every aircraft got destroyed before I could even drop a bomb. And that was boosting towards the Montana from the bow. Before I could get to bomb range every aircraft was dead.. 

if CVs are to be continually uptiered at least balance it so we can take part, not just get trolled by ships even with low AA ratings

This.

Getting uptiered in a Kaga is really "fun". Attacking with my tier7 planes a tier10 ship is indescribable, especially when you can't even get close enough to drop your payload.

• Cool 1

[EUR]
Players
404 posts
4,591 battles
1 hour ago, Viper_Tech_ said:

The lag in game is unreal, good god what have you done ?, and the horrible god dam sounds are pathetic, groaning and creaking sounds when zoomed in and the ship is turning are just annoying and dumb. UI is still absolute gash. WG you really are ruining this game.

This patch did it for me. I will stop playing as I cant play at all lol. Sounds are confused and I dont want to learn how to fix them, i m not a technician, lag is horrible whenever something happens and at some points in battle you cant even aim with all the stuttering. Unplayable. I will not play until there is a clear fix on how to address this issue, game was fine before the update and I have 64bit system.

• Cool 4

Players
2 posts
525 battles

Looking forward to seeing the update. A couple of points to note please. There is no such thing as a British Aircraft Carrier, we do not have a British Navy. We have the Royal Navy and we have Royal Navy Carriers, HMS Hermes for example.. You tube makes correct reference to it, I don't see what is so difficult. Please change the references. Different note please sort out the spelling mistakes. One of the obvious ones is Armour, it has a U in it as does Honour.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
61 posts
8 hours ago, Aragathor said:

The audio changes are horrible. They definitely made the game worse for me, as having messages and sounds vary in volume is irritating and distracts from the game.

+1 - was really annoyed to have to disable music once more - and what's happened to the end of battle sounds - you combined them with the music setting ? - big fail if you have.  As some oen who lets battles finish once sunk I like being able to hear that it's all over if I've wandered off.

Players
45 posts
9,107 battles
2 hours ago, lossi_2018 said:

This patch did it for me. I will stop playing as I cant play at all lol. Sounds are confused and I dont want to learn how to fix them, i m not a technician, lag is horrible whenever something happens and at some points in battle you cant even aim with all the stuttering. Unplayable. I will not play until there is a clear fix on how to address this issue, game was fine before the update and I have 64bit system.

Its un-playable, The lag,stuttering and crackling sounds is just especially them god dam sounds zoomed in, sounds like i'm bow scraping another ship and keep on having to double check, i am absolutely done this time - i waited and have hardly played since the cv patch and now this crap.

• Cool 4

[TAW]
Players
143 posts
5,059 battles

Purchased a basic Alaska package at 19:05 GMT now coming up on 22:00 but still no Alaska in my account (ticket raised with all required purchase info).

[EUR]
Players
404 posts
4,591 battles

Plz fix the stutter and sound, or give solution, it is impossible to fire guns or zoom come on! :(

• Cool 1

Players
442 posts
7,825 battles
10 hours ago, Rowboat_Cop said:

Performance is suddenly really really a lot worse.

I had 3 ships visible + myself. (Enemy Nuevo de Julio and Nelson and my team member's ryojo)

There was also 1 plane squadron of bombers from a ranger trying to bomb me.

My FPS was down and touching 25 FPS.

It even caused input lag.

And hey, I do not exactly have a slow PC.

I7 6700k 4.0Ghz

GTX 1080 TI

32 GB DDR4

Running my game on an M.2 SSD drive.

Normally I would be on a constant 100 fps , since my monitor is a 100hz monitor.

With the exception of torpedoes, those started affecting performance really a lot a few patches back.....

I personall expect this game to not be that heavy.
Input responsiveness is fundamentally crucial in a game like this.

Best Regards

Me

same for me

• Cool 5

[1_MAN]
Beta Tester
40 posts
7,017 battles

GENERAL FEEDBACK - I would really love to meet some sound department guys in the bar during Twitchcon. So i can give them my feedback. Writing here, is a waste of time, as I have learned from playing WG games since 2012, and yet here i am....

• Cool 4

[DAVY]
Players
92 posts
6,423 battles

Hakuryu is just garbage at the moment. Shelved until she gets a buff. Her torps are incredibly iffy to land at anything at the moment, unless the enemy literally can't dodge the torps for some reason and even then they are just inferior. Rocket planes die too easily to be a viable alternative against most targets and are too precious to waste since they are your only viable tool against DDs. Dive bombers are too situational to be the only decent damage dealer, you need more than just one type of bomber when there are 2 Minotaurs and 2 Worcesters on the enemy team.

Of course I had to pick the worse carrier of the two... (not counting the royal ones)

Please don't take too long to buff her.

• Cool 2

Players
82 posts
9,176 battles

So far as far as the current patch goes, kicked out of the game twice, once while in port and the second time just after finishing a battle prior to the results screen and a horrible noise when I was hit, sounded like someone shaking a tin can full of marbles. Those damn drums too, can you turn those down?

• Angry 1

[GRKEN]
[GRKEN]
Players
680 posts
16,222 battles
6 hours ago, Maihon said:

Purchased a basic Alaska package at 19:05 GMT now coming up on 22:00 but still no Alaska in my account (ticket raised with all required purchase info).

lol

[GRKEN]
[GRKEN]
Players
680 posts
16,222 battles

This patch has made the game a terrible experience in terms of horrible screen freezing, very low fps and horrible sounds.

Tried a battle in Ryuzo but my planes wouldn't follow my commands, had problems making them turn regardless of using both keyboard and mouse, then as I would approach for a drop with rocket planes there would be freezing and then my drop was missing.

• Cool 1

Players
329 posts
2,017 battles

Feedback on Map Reworks

mmh.. if you rework maps, make sure that you render them correctly and make the borders, where one would beach, obvious.

Beaching in that position is totally unobvious. now i know it - for sure - but it would had been nice to see the borders without try and error.

image.thumb.png.46eb23631a8223eab0da7bc5a5373332.png

• Cool 3

[WTFNO]
Players
148 posts
10,542 battles

Congratz on the improvement of the teamplay aspect through game communication improvement with those graphic adds.

[OGHF]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
8 posts
12,902 battles
7 hours ago, tsounts said:

This patch has made the game a terrible experience in terms of horrible screen freezing, very low fps and horrible sounds.

Tried a battle in Ryuzo but my planes wouldn't follow my commands, had problems making them turn regardless of using both keyboard and mouse, then as I would approach for a drop with rocket planes there would be freezing and then my drop was missing.

Hi

The game has crashed twice this morning and repeatedly says server is overloaded so can't get in a game. First game client crashed and so I died!

This update is sooooo buggy folks!

Please please please fix it soon!

World of Warships 01_03_2019 11_36_46.png