Update 0.8.1 - General Feedback

200 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,664 posts
2,543 battles

Captains,

Please leave any general feedback on update 0.8.1 in this thread. Be sure to head to our portal to find out about the full list of changes coming in the update.

Should your feedback concern one of the following topics, please leave feedback in the thread linked below.

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
17,270 posts
11,677 battles

I think you are missing an opportunity by just testing the Tier VI G.Cesare.

You should be testing a reworked Tier V version in parallel and then compare both versions.

A sigma reduction would not change the playstile, it would just make her less effective.

• Cool 2

[SQRL]
Players
240 posts
11,687 battles

As usual didn't read the finer detail of the patch notes, then noticed this morning we can now buy signal flags in the arsenal with credits. Finally won't have to spend all my coal on flags! Nice change

[SCRUB]
Players
8,144 posts
10,647 battles

And once again all audio settings reverted to default :cap_horn: ... yay :etc_swear:

And what the bloody hell do I have to tone down to get the stupidly loud fanfare soundbit to not rape my ears every single goddamn time I load into port, into battle, etc. pp.. That's INCREDIBLY annoying and I've tried messing with every available sound setting to no avail.

• Cool 7

[REBUS]
[REBUS]
Players
210 posts
17,647 battles

Thx for 3 things done by WG ... thx for adding:

- "Battle of the North Cape" containers to the Arsenal / for adding the opportunity to buy them for coal ... after wating really long, long time I have been able to collect the Norh Cape collection finally

- Alaska to Arsenal ... so I could use my 1 mil free xp for new ship  (ok ... WG missed the chance to have Alaska in Season 11 of Ranked Battles with tier IX, but .. ). Hopefully IJN Azuma will also appear soon ...

- U.K. CVs ... (even I dont know how they are unique so far) ....  BUT ... does it mean that CVs like Kaga, Saipan, Enterprise, or Graf Zeppelin wont be available in the Gift Shop or in game any soon ??

Players
1,647 posts
12,173 battles
Vor 25 Minuten, Aotearas sagte:

And what the bloody hell do I have to tone down to get the stupidly loud fanfare soundbit to not rape my ears every single goddamn time I load into port, into battle, etc. pp..

I actually wrote the same thing a few weeks ago in the feedback thread while the new patch was being tested on the test server.

<sigh>

Players
149 posts
Vor 1 Stunde, Turbeen sagte:

- U.K. CVs ... (even I dont know how they are unique so far) ....  BUT ... does it mean that CVs like Kaga, Saipan, Enterprise, or Graf Zeppelin wont be available in the Gift Shop or in game any soon ??

From what I remember: They will not be sold before the CV rework is finished (means as long as balancing changes might be done). I think 0.8.4. was announced for the finish of the rework. So after that they might return.

[BYOB]
Players
3,524 posts
13,275 battles

The audio changes are horrible. They definitely made the game worse for me, as having messages and sounds vary in volume is irritating and distracts from the game.

• Cool 2

[REBUS]
[REBUS]
Players
210 posts
17,647 battles
1 hour ago, Skurios_Volleys_Fan said:

From what I remember: They will not be sold before the CV rework is finished (means as long as balancing chances might be done). I think 0.8.4. was announced for the finish of the rework. So after that they might return.

Ok and thx for the information. ... 

Based on your info - I will wait with playing CVs until Kaga, Saipan, Enterprise, and Graf Zeppelin are fully available for any player (... I dont like these delays / postponements with CV rework ... some players are still able to play Kaga. etc., and some players are not ... it is not fair at all).

Players
326 posts
14,636 battles

-"I am using hydrocaustic search"-spam.

Please remove this feature asap!

It is annoying as fudge.

And it plays the "Radio communication effect"-sound ... even if I have lowered that volume to zero (because of spammers)

oh , and yes.

Audio is really horrible.

You added some sort of "room" effect to the sounds.
You also added a sound effect for loading events... it all just sounds like... something unfinished.

/Me

• Cool 2

Players
326 posts
14,636 battles

Performance is suddenly really really a lot worse.

I had 3 ships visible + myself. (Enemy Nuevo de Julio and Nelson and my team member's ryojo)

There was also 1 plane squadron of bombers from a ranger trying to bomb me.

My FPS was down and touching 25 FPS.

It even caused input lag.

And hey, I do not exactly have a slow PC.

I7 6700k 4.0Ghz

GTX 1080 TI

32 GB DDR4

Running my game on an M.2 SSD drive.

Normally I would be on a constant 100 fps , since my monitor is a 100hz monitor.

With the exception of torpedoes, those started affecting performance really a lot a few patches back.....

I personally expect this game to not be that heavy.
Input responsiveness is fundamentally crucial in a game like this.

Best Regards

Me

• Cool 4

Players
149 posts
Vor 25 Minuten, Turbeen sagte:

Based on your info - I will wait with playing CVs until Kaga, Saipan, Enterprise, and Graf Zeppelin are fully available for any player (... I dont like these delays / postponements with CV rework ... some players are still able to play Kaga. etc., and some players are not ... it is not fair at all).

Those who are able bought the ships with the old CV mecanics. And they can refund them for full doubloons during the next ~30 days when they are not satisfied with the new gameplay or balancing of these.

I can understand WG that they don't want to mix up with these old users of prem CVs and new ones while still working on balancing this complete stuff.

Players
1,647 posts
12,173 battles

I am glad the distinctive gunfire sound of some ships like the Friant, Gearing, Musashi etc have not been altered after all and if anything, Nürnberg seems to sound more unique than ever. If I weren't a musician and trust my ears completely, I'd probably be sitting here right now, thinking I must have been imagining things during the Public Test.

Players
326 posts
14,636 battles

I hope this does not sound too much like raging.

But the current sounds ..

I can not make myself play the game as long as it sounds like it does right now.

Watch this video and wait until after I got citadelled...   :

I am taking a break from this game..

Best Regards

Me

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[NEM]
Players
3 posts
2,746 battles

I think something is terribly broken with the AA at the moment. I’d consider myself a competent CV player, I’ve been playing them quite a lot since the initial rework. I mostly play the Tier 8 Lexington. 

Today I was playing in the lex and come across a Tier X GK (as I always seem to be uptiered) he was on his own, and I though to myself brilliant, lone BB should be a easy target. Rolled in with my torp planes got one pass off, and as I was boosting away from the GK the entire air wing of torp planes got destroyed before I could leave the AA influence bubble! That’s never  happened before when attacking a GK! Let alone a lone ship. 

I have a 17 point CV captain, I have both the perks that increase aircraft armour and health, as well as all the modules/upgrades for the torp planes.

how can it be after making one pass on a BB EVERY aircraft got melted before I could even escape the AA bubble. 

Mom the way out I was boosting, rolling left and right to avoid the black stuff, but I literally couldn’t do anything to save my planes.

i can’t help but feel AA damage calculations have been broken.

i also took a dive bomber squadron against a Montana (which I know has really strong AA) but it was towards the end of the game and he was one of the last ships alone. Every aircraft got destroyed before I could even drop a bomb. And that was boosting towards the Montana from the bow. Before I could get to bomb range every aircraft was dead.. 

if CVs are to be continually uptiered at least balance it so we can take part, not just get trolled by ships even with low AA ratings

• Cool 2

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,174 posts

Audio is indeed a bit/way off...

Also, who hired Buddy Rich? All those drumrolls upon logging in, hitting battle button, finding a battle, getting in the battle... annoying and redundant!

zT3XJu.gif

• Cool 2

Players
326 posts
14,636 battles
Just now, MrFingers said:

Audio is indeed a bit/way off...

Also, who hired Buddy Rich? All those drumrolls upon logging in, hitting battle button, finding a battle, getting in the battle... annoying and redundant!

zT3XJu.gif

I agree.

Totally annoying and irritating.

/Me

• Cool 1

[TIPC]
Players
408 posts
17,899 battles
1 hour ago, Rowboat_Cop said:

Performance is suddenly really really a lot worse.

I had 3 ships visible + myself. (Enemy Nuevo de Julio and Nelson and my team member's ryojo)

There was also 1 plane squadron of bombers from a ranger trying to bomb me.

My FPS was down and touching 25 FPS.

It even caused input lag.

And hey, I do not exactly have a slow PC.

I7 6700k 4.0Ghz

GTX 1080 TI

32 GB DDR4

Running my game on an M.2 SSD drive.

Normally I would be on a constant 100 fps , since my monitor is a 100hz monitor.

With the exception of torpedoes, those started affecting performance really a lot a few patches back.....

I personall expect this game to not be that heavy.
Input responsiveness is fundamentally crucial in a game like this.

Best Regards

Me

that

• Cool 1

[POP]
[POP]
Beta Tester
81 posts
6,693 battles

How do I make that DINGDINGDINGDINGDING sound softer? I mean turning and changing speed. Is it interface, engine or SFX? And why is SFX on separate from others, is it more general setting that has effect on everything?

• Cool 2

[SBS]
Players
6 posts
8,324 battles

Sound issues

From the patch notes:

Improved music and sound environment combination in the Port and in battle. To make this possible, we removed the 'Music' slider, and replaced the 'Music in Port' and 'Music in battle' checkboxes with sliders. This enables precise fine-tuning of the background audio to create a more enjoyable experience.

So both sliders to 0 ->apply....

We should also mention the new Wwise – Auro-Headphones™ plug-in, which creates a full 3D audio environment for the game. To enable Auro-3D®, select the 'Earphones' mode in the audio settings, and experience the full beauty of the sound of naval battle!

This has been turned "ON" by default set it to "speakers"->apply

ie:

audio settings ->Choose audio source -> from "Earphones" to "speakers"...

[REBUS]
[REBUS]
Players
210 posts
17,647 battles
36 minutes ago, Smudge said:

I think something is terribly broken with the AA at the moment. I’d consider myself a competent CV player, I’ve been playing them quite a lot since the initial rework. I mostly play the Tier 8 Lexington. 

Today I was playing in the lex and come across a Tier X GK (as I always seem to be uptiered) he was on his own, and I though to myself brilliant, lone BB should be a easy target. Rolled in with my torp planes got one pass off, and as I was boosting away from the GK the entire air wing of torp planes got destroyed before I could leave the AA influence bubble! That’s never  happened before when attacking a GK! Let alone a lone ship. 

I have a 17 point CV captain, I have both the perks that increase aircraft armour and health, as well as all the modules/upgrades for the torp planes.

how can it be after making one pass on a BB EVERY aircraft got melted before I could even escape the AA bubble. 

Mom the way out I was boosting, rolling left and right to avoid the black stuff, but I literally couldn’t do anything to save my planes.

i can’t help but feel AA damage calculations have been broken.

i also took a dive bomber squadron against a Montana (which I know has really strong AA) but it was towards the end of the game and he was one of the last ships alone. Every aircraft got destroyed before I could even drop a bomb. And that was boosting towards the Montana from the bow. Before I could get to bomb range every aircraft was dead.. 

if CVs are to be continually uptiered at least balance it so we can take part, not just get trolled by ships even with low AA ratings

I fully agree, and .. I had the same feeling after trying several battles after CV rework.

You know ... what is the point to play CVs, if ships like "Wooster" are erasing your planes from the sky ... fully automatically, without any effort of player who uses his AA build against you?  It was always big complain in the past that CV players had completely different game /view/ ... in comparison with players of other ships.  Ok, now the CV players can do with their planes some scouting, flying around, etc .. , but to use planes against "Wooster" type of ships: no sense at all = no fun playing CVs at all.

In my opinion the game should be based on "player against player" effort, not on "player'´s effort against automat" (.. whats more - with ZERO chance to do anything useful against "deadly automat").

• Cool 1

[POP]
[POP]
Beta Tester
81 posts
6,693 battles

DINGDINGDING sound is governed by the interface volume, but normalization of different sounds is out of whack. If I lower Interface sounds low enough to make that DINGDINGDING tolerable, I can't hear ribbon sounds anymore. Everything else seems to also be completely out of balance. Gun volume is super loud even on 50% volume.

• Cool 3

Players
38 posts
11,173 battles

WG, consider this a complaint.

You didn't tell anyone, the Alaska would be available for purchase in the Premium Shop.

I quoto from 0.8.1 release....

"Tier IX cruiser Alaska has been added to the Tech Tree. This ship can be obtained in exchange for 1,000,000 Free XP. "

no mention of purchase.

I've purchased this for 1 mill FXP and I'm regretting it now I know I could have just purchased it and could have kept my FXP.

Thanks WG

[POP]
[POP]
Beta Tester
81 posts
6,693 battles
15 minutes ago, RevelAndQuaff said:

You didn't tell anyone, the Alaska would be available for purchase in the Premium Shop.

"Tier IX cruiser Alaska has been added to the Tech Tree. This ship can be obtained in exchange for 1,000,000 Free XP. "

no mention of purchase.

I've purchased this for 1 mill FXP and I'm regretting it now I know I could have just purchased it and could have kept my FXP.

Thanks WG

Contact support. Because you're actually wanting to give them money instead of getting Alaska for free, I think they might help you out :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[REBUS]
[REBUS]
Players
210 posts
17,647 battles
4 minutes ago, RevelAndQuaff said:

no mention of purchase.

Thanks WG

Probably not fully the same issue for me, as I dont regret having Alaska for my 1 mil free xp, BUT ...

Alaska, and also Wichita are being offered in "Admiral package" just now ... with UNIQUE FLAGs.   And that is exactly my point: I would consider buying one admiral package to have unique flag, but thanks to "lovely WG communication" ... I need not to decide which admiral package to buy ... decision taken - none.

=>   If unique flags are available e.g. via Arsenal for coal, steel, etc. - it would be great !!   (not cheaply ofc ... :) .. not to lose their uniqueness ).