MrConway

Port UI & Client Stability Improvements

32 comments in this topic

[PORT]
[PORT]
Beta Tester, Players
186 posts
26,823 battles

Game takes longer to get back into port from the battle result screen.

Sometimes 2-3 seconds before a battle results fully disapear and a ships renders in port.

Players
888 posts
2,506 battles

Port UI observations:

Switching between ships with in modules screen is the same, seems a bit more fluid just because you prioritized ship model loading to anything else, however until the modules display loads I still cannot do anything with the ships so useless change from a usability perspective.

Doing the same in the Exterior screen however seems much smoother and more responsive so one good point there. SHip parameters viewing and Armor viewer seem more responsive.

Overall it's a net positive change from my perspective.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,306 posts
10,799 battles

Port UI still worse than pre-0.8.1.

Just as sluggish as before, but now with frequent mini-freezes.

[N0RSE]
Players
123 posts
7,443 battles

Port is sluggish, 2-3 disconnects today.. Should I open ticket or? Port seems to get worse with every update.. Now I am unable to connect and thus not able to finish the last daily mission chain. Everything on this page is also super sluggish. Takes 4-5 seconds just to reload this page, everything else on the net is smooth.

Wow, seems like you guys are having massive issues, right now nothing works as it should. Game client unable to connect, last refresh of forum got me a timeout..... 

Wow. 4 refreshes later and the help portal still won't load, game won't connect. Nothing works, not able to register a ticket not able to play the game.. Going to bed p***** off... :-(..

Update: Managed to log into the game now, pink, as the game detected me as being AFK, sadly there's no logic in whether the user can log in or not. So I get that, submitted a ticket (as the entire EU site was unavailable for 30 minutes), hoping for a fix of the colour issue (pink.. :-)) and inability to finish mission..

PS! NA client and site works... EU is... correction was fubar..

[N0RSE]
Players
123 posts
7,443 battles
19 hours ago, Fesvil said:

Port is sluggish, 2-3 disconnects today.. Should I open ticket or? Port seems to get worse with every update.. Now I am unable to connect and thus not able to finish the last daily mission chain. Everything on this page is also super sluggish. Takes 4-5 seconds just to reload this page, everything else on the net is smooth.

Wow, seems like you guys are having massive issues, right now nothing works as it should. Game client unable to connect, last refresh of forum got me a timeout..... 

Wow. 4 refreshes later and the help portal still won't load, game won't connect. Nothing works, not able to register a ticket not able to play the game.. Going to bed p***** off... :-(..

Update: Managed to log into the game now, pink, as the game detected me as being AFK, sadly there's no logic in whether the user can log in or not. So I get that, submitted a ticket (as the entire EU site was unavailable for 30 minutes), hoping for a fix of the colour issue (pink.. :-)) and inability to finish mission..

PS! NA client and site works... EU is... correction was fubar..

Alas, pink is not a colour support will assist you with even if it is WG's fault you got it.. Ohh well, only 3 games.. stupid stupid stupid, they claim we'll be compensated, but the page they link to doesn't say much :-(.

[B0TS]
Players
163 posts
13,669 battles

Port UI very s        l           o              w

[OP-B]
[OP-B]
Players
47 posts
7,950 battles

Every patch the port just seems to become that little bit slower and less responsive. In my opinion the whole thing should be re-build but then properly. Admittedly I have a lot of contacts and ships.

I've got a proper gaming-pc and run all graphics on full/max settings.

Ingame I have about a 65% load on my GPU and everything runs smoothly.

In port I have a 92+% load and while the ships there look great and don't seem to have lag, every action I take (aka click a button) forces me to wait for a response and for it to load before I can do the next thing.

Inviting people to divisions or checking the missions is a disaster, even after pressing the battle-button it easily takes 10 sec before any response or even the sound plays.

Loading to the post-battle screens (yes plural because of the fly strike win) and after that port takes quite a bit longer then loading into battle.

The UI is my number one frustration in this game. At least it is stable.