MrConway

Flooding Rework

13 comments in this topic

[CATS]
Players
17,380 posts
11,714 battles

The change wil not have much influence on player behaviour. A flooding is still too dangerous to just let it tick.

I still suggest to rework flooding in the direction of the fire mechanic (4 floodings, similar damage).

• Cool 1

[PORT]
Modder
1,642 posts
11,881 battles

CV-nerf -  it lowers the skill-gap. No need to look out for the one that has been using his repairparty, just attack anyone.

Hope the CVs get some love again soon. :Smile_sad:

• Boring 1

Players
105 posts
1,651 battles

As @ColonelPete pointed out, it's much too dangerous to let a flood stick, and in general I think you definitely should consider reworking the damage over time a bit, the very least lower the Damage Party Control (DPC) cooldown timer a good deal, especially because it's way too easy to abuse it. I think maybe you should be considering to implementing different types of DPCs, because the DPCs is not only used against floods, but also fires and crippled modules, which depending on the situation and class of ship you're in, means your only means to effectively deal with floods or fires, could get on cooldown for other reasons.

[GCMPL]
[GCMPL]
Players
72 posts
7,499 battles

Boost CV torp damage. If you make even less with floodings they need some better torps.

New floodings make it alot easier to stay alive and punishes mostly CV and DD. Now it is not so dangerous to get floodings. It make game not so punishing and too easy

• Cool 2

[-RT-]
Players
720 posts
15,804 battles

Not a fan at all of that new flooding system. First of all it's a huge nerf to CVs and on top to DDs as well... It does like zero dmg to cruisers and we are at a point where you are more feared of fires in a BB than of floodings. Flooding dmg is so pityful you might es well remove the entire mechanic! Next absolutely stupid change from WG where everyone with some simple understanding of math saw it coming, just unbelievable and on top no one ever asked for this!

• Cool 4

[UNICS]
Players
3,326 posts
13,357 battles

I haven't noticed any change yet. Flooding is still very situational and rarely what sinks the ships. Maybe an increased the flood chance is needed. Especially for cvs.

[TROLL]
[TROLL]
Beta Tester
103 posts
3,774 battles
On 3/3/2019 at 6:05 PM, Maaseru said:

Not a fan at all of that new flooding system. First of all it's a huge nerf to CVs and on top to DDs as well... It does like zero dmg to cruisers and we are at a point where you are more feared of fires in a BB than of floodings. Flooding dmg is so pityful you might es well remove the entire mechanic! Next absolutely stupid change from WG where everyone with some simple understanding of math saw it coming, just unbelievable and on top no one ever asked for this!

I agree, but i also think the previous flooding did too much dmg, just a simple dmg nerf to the previous mechanic would have done it.

[UNICS]
Players
3,326 posts
13,357 battles

Since both the flooding time and the damage per second has been reduced significantly, I think the activation time of the Damage Control party should be reduced, mainly for bbs. The prolonged invulnerability for bbs when DCP is used given the short duration of floods makes less sense now. The window and chance to create perma floods is too small and I think the flooding damage since the change is down.

Players
327 posts
12,721 battles

This is an insane buff to BBs. Flooding is so weak now that there's no point in using DCP unless the speed penalty is slowing you down in the middle of a risky turn. Maybe DDs are doing more flooding damage than they used to, as WG's rationalisation suggested, but it's much more likely any of this extra damage is simply being healed back. Under the old system lengthy floods were rare and average flood damage was low, but the floods were effective and brought BBs to their verge of sinking, if not destroying them outright. Whatever about CVs, ship torps need compensatory buffs if you're not going to revert these flooding changes.

[GCMPL]
[GCMPL]
Players
72 posts
7,499 battles
50 minutes ago, Tamalla said:

it was just a BB buff...

He is right. BB buff. All torp based ships lost on that update.

Not to mention that flames burn shorter, because BB are now more eager to use R...

[-5D-]
Beta Tester
207 posts
9,115 battles

It is all anecdotal but it seems that ships I would have sunk are surviving now, a flood is nowhere near as damaging it was. 

I don't feel like my DD's are doing anywhere near as much flooding damage, the skill of ripple firing torps to catch a ship that had used its DC to stop a flood then hitting 20secs later to set a perma flood is now gone, added to the fact that flooding is 100% repairable, it certainly seems like a buff to the surviveability BB's and CA/CL's.

That said WG have "all the stats" it would be nice once in a while for them to "share" some of this information, the patch has been out long enough for them to have data on 1000's of games, has flooding damage decreased or increased? Are less ships dieing to floods now? What's the % of flood damage to direct torp damage now? I can but hop that WG will eventually share such information, but then I still believe in Father Xmas & the Easter Bunny :)

TB.