Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cyclops_

Please limit CV numbers per battle!!

16 comments in this topic

[OGHF]
Players
789 posts
12,925 battles

Total nightmare random  battle this morning, 8 players per team with 3 CV’s on each team, total nightmare was totaly not fun in any way, please WG,  @MrConway PLEASE  reduce to a min of 1 CV when Random battles have less than 10 players per team, having nearly 40% of a team made up of CV’s is totaly horrendous. 

Picture is not name and shame in any way.

F19AC9D5-146E-4ECA-91CE-E5F4108CD3B7.thumb.png.c9961ed3c2d628887b4eb7c02eca16bb.png

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
907 posts
19,563 battles
4 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

reduce to a min of 1 CV

Max maybe?

[ONE2]
Players
2,737 posts
15,734 battles

I agree, 3 is too much, especially at a tier where almost no one has meaningful AA to counter them. 2 should be the absolute maximum (though I prefer 1).:cap_cool:

[NWP]
Players
5,146 posts
6,597 battles

:cap_wander:

I wonder how MM managed to do that kinda fuckup... how was it possible that someone sat in queue for 5 mins :cap_hmm: Basicly no T5 ships and no T7 ships at all, really weird.

[ONE2]
Players
2,737 posts
15,734 battles
56 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I wonder how MM managed to do that kinda fuckup... how was it possible that someone sat in queue for 5 mins :cap_hmm: Basicly no T5 ships and no T7 ships at all, really weird.

I have thought I'd noticed some such thingy before too. Mayhap we are seeing the unintended results of removing the unever Tier CV's from the game? Screws up the MM (I am still much aggrieved by the loss my my adorable Hiryu)...:cap_old:

[HARF]
Players
331 posts
11,539 battles
Just now, Cyclops_ said:

It was at approx 7.15this morning (UK time)

Clearly CV pilots don't eat breakfast. 

• Funny 2

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,519 posts
15,243 battles

For those that do not know, this is currently working as intended. Afaik right now CVs are limited to 3 per team at low tiers (though with preferential MM for 2 per team) and 2 in high tiers.

This is supposed to change to 2 per team with preferential MM for 1 per team once the "CV hype" dies down. Which incidentally would be about now as CV numbers are rapidly declining.

• Cool 2

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,888 posts
50 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

:cap_wander:

Early morning, with the usual low server population at that time, with many CVs waiting the max time for a match to be created for them.

The matchmaker did what it was programmed to do. It increased the normal softcap of max 2 carriers to the hardcap of max 3 carriers per team.

Everything working as intended.

[NWP]
Players
5,146 posts
6,597 battles
1 minute ago, Egoleter said:

Early morning, with the usual low server population at that time, with many CVs waiting the max time for a match to be created for them.

The matchmaker did what it was programmed to do. It increased the normal softcap of max 2 carriers to the hardcap of max 3 carriers per team.

Everything working as intended.

This makes only sense with old RTS CVs. There were atleast 5 CVs in line before the match started (if the 6th would have triggered the insta MM). He didnt need more CVs, MM was lacking other ships. He could have made a match with 2 or 4 CVs way before that. I dont think, within 5 minute that no other ships were available on tiers 5,6,7 or 8, since thats what the CVs could encounter.

I suspect the T5 DD to be the actual problem here, while MM is trying to mirror the teams. If the T5 DD just sat there in queue for 5 mins, when no other T5 DD was around to be matched against him, then MM created the match instantly when the other DD joined the queue. That would explain: Only 8 ships per side, and 6 CVs total.

I think its rather unlikely that only one T5 DD was in queue for such a long time, but its the only reasonable explanation i can think of.

Players
5,436 posts
8,137 battles
54 minutes ago, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

lol 3 cvs never had that mm , i gues wg want to back at alpha stage when 3 x  cv could div :)

Also asymetrical MM, with lone AS CV in battle:Smile-_tongue:

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,842 posts
6,051 battles

Even 2 per side  is too much in T6/T7 and 3 per side in T4 is literally game ruiining as these ships have little AA defense, and those CV have no real means of protecting all these ships either.

I know it works " as intended " to allow everyone to try out they new toys - possible later on bought premiums or box ships - without outragious waiting queues. And no cap was imposed yet or will be untill well after the UK CV tree relaese so logic steps in the same direction that was chosen demands.

However have WG even weighed the consequences ? Many if not all of the slapped on nerfs wouldnt have been even necessary if the CV and aircraft were not everywhere herassing the hell out of players that want to enjoy their game ! Now most classes are at least annoyed or irritated, does not seem like good buisiness practise to me.....

This has a lot of consequences, WG might even reconsider adding submarines. If they would release them like CV and possible even 3-5 per side like DD the turmoil and nerf slapping would be even worse i suspect.

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,664 posts
2,539 battles
3 hours ago, Cyclops_ said:

Total nightmare random  battle this morning, 8 players per team with 3 CV’s on each team, total nightmare was totaly not fun in any way, please WG,  @MrConway PLEASE  reduce to a min of 1 CV when Random battles have less than 10 players per team, having nearly 40% of a team made up of CV’s is totaly horrendous. 

Picture is not name and shame in any way.

F19AC9D5-146E-4ECA-91CE-E5F4108CD3B7.thumb.png.c9961ed3c2d628887b4eb7c02eca16bb.png

I am afraid that at times with not many players (early in the morning) these things can sometimes happen, especially at the lower tiers.

This is not something you will encounter very often.

[OGHF]
Players
789 posts
12,925 battles
2 hours ago, MrConway said:

I am afraid that at times with not many players (early in the morning) these things can sometimes happen, especially at the lower tiers.

This is not something you will encounter very often.

Thanks for the reply, but I still believe max CV should be 2 only, especially at low tiers.

[EUR]
Players
370 posts
4,103 battles

Or put an extra layer of code to slot ships with good AA in when more CVs appear, if it is possible 

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this