Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
gopher31

Awarding team play with XP

13 comments in this topic

[SHAD]
Players
571 posts

I just played a random and in it I was by far the top scorer in a Des Moines in a losing team.

A Shima saved me by smoking me in front of 2 BBs and a Mino. (Our BB had run to the other side of the map)

He then smoked me a second time allowing me to burn down the 2 BBs and citadel the Mino to death.

Are these acts rewarded?

I couldn't have done any of that without that help as those BBs overmatch me everywhere but He was barely above middle on the Team Score even though he also killed 3 ships.

• Cool 7

[BW-UK]
Beta Tester
721 posts
5,489 battles

+1

Perhaps having more than one team player in the smoke provides some kind of bonus.

[CATS]
Players
17,244 posts
11,677 battles

The game cannot recognize that.

Teamplay results in more wins and gives 50% more XP.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,624 posts
4,747 battles
30 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Teamplay results in more wins and gives 50% more XP.

I'm sure the game can recognize a ship dealing damage while being in a smoke, set by some other ship.

It could be rewarded similarly to spotting damage (read: very little, but at least it's something).

It wouldn't address the whole issue completely but it's a start.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
1,840 posts
15,841 battles

And what happens when the red dd smokes up i rush and murder him in my desmo and then take up position in his smoke to burn down his team? :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,811 posts
6,028 battles

If the game would detect teamwork mechanics and reward them - credits would be nice too instead of only xp - it would certainly change for the better.

Most players like their rewards to be as high as possible, and if you need teamwork for that they will do it even if they don't care for it naturally. Others will see what these guys do and mimic it also leading to more teamwork. And the percentage of clueless noobs...well you will always have them whatever you do.

[IDDQD]
Players
230 posts
8,290 battles

most EXP in this game revolves around dealing dmg and capturing objectives. Its not always fair, but its the least abusable source of EXP and core mechanics of the game are tied with dealing dmg and not receiving dmg.

I am pretty sure that WG considered giving out more EXP to teamplayers like BBs tanking, DDs spotting ships and torps or smoking the team, but people can be very "creative" and easily start abusing it.

Imagine GK going full survival spec just sitting somewhere doing nothing but farming potential dmg - how much potential dmg should give him 2k base exp? is 4-5m potential worth the same as 200k dmg done? and most important, what player skills is required to get 4m potential?

Players
281 posts
13,944 battles

It would be nice if there was a way teammates who help others got a reward in either XP or credits, no idea how easy it would be to create such a system.

The one good thing is teams that work together usually have a better chance of winning, still I would prefer it if there was a built in positive reward.

[OGHF]
Players
788 posts
12,908 battles
3 hours ago, gopher31 said:

I just played a random and in it I was by far the top scorer in a Des Moines in a losing team.

A Shima saved me by smoking me in front of 2 BBs and a Mino. (Our BB had run to the other side of the map)

He then smoked me a second time allowing me to burn down the 2 BBs and citadel the Mino to death.

Are these acts rewarded?

I couldn't have done any of that without that help as those BBs overmatch me everywhere but He was barely above middle on the Team Score even though he also killed 3 ships.

Great suggestion, but it will bever happen :(

[PN]
Players
590 posts
4,223 battles

True, but...

5 hours ago, gopher31 said:

Are these acts rewarded?

Lets see...

Can the game recognize them?

4 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Correct, this is a stochastic issue and not deterministic.

Can the Player recognize this?

Sure, you just did.

A Shima saved me

He then smoked me a second time

I couldn't have done any of that without that help

See, you publicly recognized another player for doing something good.

Why don't you also post the name of the player that did that and give them personal recognition. (this is not naming and shaming)

Or post the replay? With time stamps so all can see the good deeds.

Your recognition is valuable. And believe me it feels good to the other player when you show it to them.

Warm regards

Saltface

• Cool 1

Players
1,647 posts
12,141 battles
Vor 5 Stunden, gopher31 sagte:

Are these acts rewarded?

Nope, although it has been suggested several times.

"Casual players will not learn effective team play all by themselves. You have to spoon-fed them the lessons." (flamu. Trust a guy from Finland to know how people learn stuff efficiently...)

It doesn't even have to XP either. There could also be achievements for such things, ribbons and combat missions to reward them. That would facilitate making the direct mental connection between "teamplay actions" and the rewards, because you can easily see what it is you are actually being rewarded for. The exact XP formula is a closely guarded secret for some reason, so if it were just a bit more XP and/or credits, people would be kept guessing.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this