Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sirion_

Reworked premium CV sale - When?

30 comments in this topic

[SD-7]
Players
35 posts
4,509 battles

Greetings folks.

I could not find a solid answer on this one, so I thought to post one myself.

Is there a SITREP on the sale of premium aircraft carriers Kaga, Graf Zeppelin, Enterprise and Saipan since it's been a month since the CV Rework hit Live already?

A logical explanation could be that WarGaming will put them up for sale when the Royal Navy CV line will be released (along with their tier VIII premium CV "HMS Indomitable" which I'm very eager to open my wallet for.)

My problem was that when Kaga got released I did not have the money available to buy her (RIP Shipfu) and when Graf Zeppelin got released I did have the money but it was awfully bad before WG put it off-sale and totally buffed her to the Heavens of Grognak. Kaga is still the one premium ship, out of around 60+ that I already own, I really itch to get into my port the day before yesterday, and I still regret I didn't cut down on my nourishment balance in order to get a Paysafe Card to get Kaga on the spot.

The CV Rework has got my ears pointed as I like the way it's going, but I'm genuinely interested to know when these reworked premium aircraft carriers will be put back on sale. Please let me know if you have any usable intel!

Let 'em have it!
~ Sirion

KanColle - Kagaposting - Ready For Total War.jpg

[WGB]
[WGB]
Players
2,103 posts
27,065 battles

0.8.2  and they will be around 14,000 doubloons each or cash value of stated doubloons, UK works out about £47 for standard bundle.

• Cool 1

[SD-7]
Players
35 posts
4,509 battles

Nice, thanks for the fast reply!

What's the source of your statement though; I was unable to find anything regarding premium CV sales.

• Cool 1

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,099 posts
8,500 battles

Why?

They are beyong useless. All of them. I would sell them to you 50% off if i could.

• Cool 4

Players
5,436 posts
8,137 battles

I do not own any premium CVs, but from witnessing them in randoms I'd skip Kaga and Saipan, former for being balanced around her huge plane reserves, which work on T8, not so much on T10. Saipan on other hand have no reserves to replace casualties when uptiered. Enterprise seems to have no such derpy gimmick, while GZ have damn fast planes for in and out action IIRC

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
1,851 posts
15,874 battles

There are no reserves anymore anyhow

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,379 posts
7,985 battles
23 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

There are no reserves anymore anyhow

spot on and a lot of people don't seem to realise this

you start a game with a set amount on your ship approx. 1 and just over half a squadron worth of each type and then it takes approx. 1 min to 1 and a half mins to replace a lost plane which amounts to over a 20 min game getting between 15 and 20 planes back for each squadron

a squad takes about 9 to 12 planes each time and if they get wiped fast after 5 mins you can be near plane less

I am talking about tier 10 but tier 4 to 10 aint really any better and tier 4 is the worst ever for losing planes and taking full squads out

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
3,076 posts
6,133 battles
24 minutes ago, beercrazy said:

spot on and a lot of people don't seem to realise this

you start a game with a set amount on your ship approx. 1 and just over half a squadron worth of each type

Kaga however pretty much does have "reserves" - she starts with 3 full squads of each on deck. So where the Saipan has 27 planes on deck, the kaga has 96. So she can just keep throwing planes at a problem.

I actually quite like the Kaga at tier X, you'll take the same hefty losses as the shokaku but you have tons of planes so dont tend to run out

• Cool 2

Players
1,067 posts
8,084 battles

Right now the T8 CV's are kind of hard to recommend because they face a very rough AA meta. If you charged 50 EUR for these ships right now you'd have lots of unhappy customers. So it's a good idea they don't sell them quite yet -- not because they'd be broken like they used to be in the RTS meta, but because CV's in general aren't in the shape where you'd want to charge money for them.

Apart from the general high-tier AA situation, that I've quite liked the Saipan and Enterprise. I've been pleasantly surprised how distinct they are from the Lexington, from a rework CV player's perspective.

• Cool 3

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,379 posts
7,985 battles
4 hours ago, Xevious_Red said:

Kaga however pretty much does have "reserves" - she starts with 3 full squads of each on deck. So where the Saipan has 27 planes on deck, the kaga has 96. So she can just keep throwing planes at a problem.

I actually quite like the Kaga at tier X, you'll take the same hefty losses as the shokaku but you have tons of planes so dont tend to run out

thx for that I didn't know as I don't have a kaga

got a saipan and is bloody hard to manage with plane losses at teir 10 that's for sure especially now where some enemy cruisers will delete them within a couple of seconds once you get spotted (looking at you mino ya plane hater)

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
3,076 posts
6,133 battles
1 minute ago, beercrazy said:

thx for that I didn't know as I don't have a kaga

got a saipan and is bloody hard to manage with plane losses at teir 10 that's for sure especially now where some enemy cruisers will delete them within a couple of seconds once you get spotted (looking at you mino ya plane hater)

Saipan is really polar for +/-2 MM. Against tier 6 she just laughs as they fail to shoot down any of her tier X planes. Against tier X she cries as a minotaur wipes out her TB and it takes 15 minutes to spawn 6 more.

Kaga feels better - she does lose planes to tier 6 ships (her planes are ~tier 7), but she has so many planes that losing 24 torp bombers in a row isnt a problem because she still launches a full squad.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

I want a SitRep on cash refunds for my Prem CVs...

I have zero interest in the rework CVs but I own Enterprise, Kaga and Saipan. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[DSPA]
Players
447 posts
3,066 battles

I would say not before update 0.8.3.

SO far that I can remember WG gave balancing CVs 3 updates. So that's 0.8.0 + 0.8.1 + 0.8.2. SO premium CV only from 0.8.3.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
1,851 posts
15,874 battles

I think they said 0.8.2 as the earlyest possible date of release so thats end march beginning of april? Indomitable (thats the name of the prem rn cv?) should get released by then if the line goes live in that patch as well but it remains to see if we get a chance at it in 0.8.1 via lootboxes or not (as we will for the silver cvs) or some early access however is it advisable to buy it? Ehh that remains to be seen...

[SD-7]
Players
35 posts
4,509 battles
51 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

I want a SitRep on cash refunds for my Prem CVs...

I have zero interest in the rework CVs but I own Enterprise, Kaga and Saipan. :Smile_hiding:

The refunds in full-doubloon values can be done through the Inventory system, but I think they already cleared it in the past update..
As for cash refunds, I don't think that's possible.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,992 posts
7,134 battles

Presumably, there won't be any new premium CV sales until the existing refund scheme has passed (I vaguely remember seeing thirty-something days over the weekend, although I might be mis-remembering?).

Besides which, I do think it would be very foolish to buy a premium CV before we know where they're finally going to end up; the rework is a long way from being the finished article (at least, I hope it is!), and that's without even getting started on the GC pachyderm in the room...

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
155 posts
7,433 battles

Don't buy any premium carriers - or any carriers, period. WG showed us time and time again they would be happy to nerf them to keep a whiny minority silent. I have all premium carriers, they are not worth playing. Not even GZ with those secondaries. Oh, unless you're a masoschist, then by all means, go get yourself a Kaga. Or Saipan. You'll face tier 10 AA, you can't do anything to the only targets with balanced AA since the rocket nerf and you can't spot cruisers without your squadron getting deleted. People say stuff about stealth Minotaur but pretty much every US/RN CLs can do stealth AA things now. Because balance.

It really is not worth it, even if you have infinite money.

• Cool 3

Players
1,728 posts
245 battles

Enterprise doesnt seem to bad from what ive seen, im just wondering when poorgaming will actually add in the new lines, which in their logic will take the next centuary (god knows why).

since they have the models and some coding and stats for them so it shouldnt take them too long to do.

[SD-7]
Players
35 posts
4,509 battles
On 2/26/2019 at 8:03 PM, Battleship_Nagato said:

It really is not worth it, even if you have infinite money.

If you state it this way, then digital content at all isn't "worth" it. I personally think if someone wants something, he/she decides if such a thing is "worth" his/her money. You can't really make a fact out of that.
For me it's worth it because I enjoy playing World of Warships including aircraft carriers; before and after the Rework.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
21 minutes ago, Sirion_ said:

If you state it this way, then digital content at all isn't "worth" it. I personally think if someone wants something, he/she decides if such a thing is "worth" his/her money. You can't really make a fact out of that.
For me it's worth it because I enjoy playing World of Warships including aircraft carriers; before and after the Rework.

And that is fine, still, precludes no ones ability to tell you how wrong you are.

[SD-7]
Players
35 posts
4,509 battles
Just now, Juanx said:

And that is fine, still, precludes no ones ability to tell you how wrong you are.

And there, again, you're making a fact out of an opinion; don't. :)

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
2 minutes ago, Sirion_ said:

And there, again, you're making a fact out of an opinion; don't. :)

Its a fact that spending money on pixels is a waste of money, you dont need to like it, still a fact nonetheless.

[SD-7]
Players
35 posts
4,509 battles

But still it's not in anyone's right to tell me what to do with my money that I earn by working.
Sure, people are free to advise against it, but then you've got to select a different range of words to make it sound you're giving your opinion on it rather than making a fact out of it.