Sign in to follow this  
Glig69

Would removing CV's rocket planes improve experience for all?

4 comments in this topic

[-FC-]
Players
296 posts
9,953 battles

Just an idle thought.  Watching Notser repeatedly cream a DD who didn't have any AA or AA support, with wave after wave of rockets made me think ... why do we need them?  They move really fast, seem easy to control, do disproportionately high damage to DDs so why not just get rid of them?

I had 3 pretty good games in my DDs this evening (albeit one was in a Kitakaze), so I am not saying that everything is broken, but I do wonder whether this might be a quick and simple fix  that could improve everyone's experience and lower tensions all round.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,160 battles

Is that a video from current (0.8.0.3) patch, or one of the previous ones? Quite a big difference for rockets there

And all that would mean is that CVs are practically defenseless against DDs. While someone like El2aZeR might torp / DB them, for most players I'd say that's a "0 chance" situation.

Just imagine your BBs being unable to damage DDs apart from your not-secondary-build secondaries, or your cruisers being unable to damage BBs except for a 1% fire chance that lasts for 5s max, or DDs being unable to torpedo cruisers. Wouldn't work, would it?

[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
6,124 battles

I'm really tired of YT'ers performance brought up to point out something is overpowered. They could - and do - that to any ship in game.

It is not that difficult at all. I'm no YT'er but i can have even Huanghe overperform to the extend it's review by LWM is redicoulously wrong. The review is probably not entirely wrong, but it is not difficult to make a ship appear overperform is a certain situation or setting.

As stated by others it is wrong to nerf a ship or have it nerfed beacuse some YT'er says or shows it's supposed overpoweredness. Only if it really is - server stats of general player base will make that clear - nerfing could be an option.

I'm sure the CV nerfing - at least the tier 4-8 ones - is not due to overperforming shown in server stats of the general player base. It is because the general player base was unwilling to adapt their tactics to a new arisen tactical situation and were stopping p(l)aying.

[KAKE]
Players
1,447 posts
3,734 battles

Well, I've argued since pretty much day 1 of the rework that they should never have been introduced in the first place, and still think it's the way to go.

I don't think they'll ever be able to balance them in a way where they'll simultaneously feel useful and satisfying while not being overpowered against DDs.

And personally I don't see the need for them. The other classes in the game generally have limited effectiveness against one of the other classes, and CVs don't need to be the speshul ones that have weapons that are effective against all other classes in the game. In the RTS version, a CV's main contribution against most DDs that knew how to wasd was by spotting them for their team, and there's no reason why it shouldn't still be like that. 

Sign in to follow this