You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Davy1972

draw

25 comments in this topic

Players
45 posts
4,905 battles

WG is it possible to remove draws from our stats?

Because it is ridicilus that I have 24 draws, and they count as 24 losses…

• Funny 4
  • Boring 1

[4_0_4]
Players
5,333 posts
11,539 battles

Because 24 are such a significant number

[L7P]
Beta Tester
6 posts
2,372 battles

I think he means because they are not wins they count against your win rate.

surely OP 24 out of 4400+ is an insignificant number and will not really hinder your win rate progress.

[TTT]
Players
4,301 posts
7,937 battles

I mean, that'd increase his winrate by a whopping 0.2%... can't argue with that, WG pls fix asap!

• Funny 3

[RBMF]
501 posts
6,713 battles

Hiya, no. I doubt draws will be changed to count as a win since technically, you both lost. Besides, unlike in the olden, olden times. Draws don't happen all the time now.

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
751 posts
4,382 battles

I think I never had a draw. 

[TOXIC]
Players
4,495 posts
11,458 battles
28 minutes ago, Davy1972 said:

WG is it possible to remove draws from our stats?

Because it is ridicilus that I have 24 draws, and they count as 24 losses…

The only place where draws really "count as losses" is Ranked. And there, yes, it should be changed - after all you gain a star for victory, LOSE a star for defeat and it would be only natural for a draw to leave your stars on the previous level. But, let's face it. This is a very marginal problem no matter the mode, since even Standard Battle type Randoms have points right now. I don't even remember my last draw. For a draw to realistically happen you'd need

1. Neither team to cap any caps nor block anything red from generating points (can happen in Standard, Epicenter and Arms Race)

2. Both teams to survive while

a) losing the corresponding ships or some stranger combinations that add up to the same point "worth" (Standard or Epicenter)

b) lose enough ships and get enough buffs to get exactly matched point "worth" for both teams

These are theoretically possible (and even easy to achieve in case both teams decided to work together for that purpose) but, let's face it, this hardly ever happens in real matches. It's rare enough that it feels like a blitch until you realize "hey, wait, there was that feature that allows for a match to end in a draw!"

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
875 posts
7,599 battles
45 minutes ago, CptMinia said:

Hiya, no. I doubt draws will be changed to count as a win since technically, you both lost. Besides, unlike in the olden, olden times. Draws don't happen all the time now.

Man what you are bringing  back to my memories...those times in alpha when the draw rate was in the 16-12% range

• Funny 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,651 posts
4,793 battles
10 hours ago, Linkaex said:

I think I never had a draw. 

Perhaps you weren't playing shortly after the game went from closed beta?
At that time, there was no shortage of draws. They had to fix it by adjusting the point system, which worked.

[EUR]
Players
370 posts
4,103 battles

No draw has ever happened in my games, but some win or losses were very close. Like right at the buzzer :Smile_amazed:

[TOXIC]
Players
4,495 posts
11,458 battles
1 hour ago, Blixies said:

Perhaps you weren't playing shortly after the game went from closed beta?
At that time, there was no shortage of draws. They had to fix it by adjusting the point system, which worked.

Rather than "adjusting" it was "adding to Standard Battle mode". The reason for lots of draws was that a somewhat even SB match could end up with neither team overrunning the enemy spawn. And even if one team was winning decisively...

- they chased kills instead of playing objectives and if they failed to kill everyone: draw

- they tried to play objective but the last enemies were DDs or CVs while the winning team had battleships, allowing the enemy to stall for quite some time, forcing a draw by surviving and performing just a couple succesful decaps

The frequency of draws was deemed too high so they decided to scrap the "kill all or cap" victory conditions from Standard and made it into a "special case" Domination (where securing a cap is worth 1000 points, effectively making it an instant victory condition while adding all the Domination point accumulation mechanics regarding blocking caps and securing kills)

Players
3,525 posts
8,214 battles
2 hours ago, lossi_2018 said:

No draw has ever happened in my games, but some win or losses were very close. Like right at the buzzer :Smile_amazed:

I had a draw once. It even had a different post battle result screen and some unknown tune which nobody remembers I think :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

Players
1,818 posts
245 battles

My most memorable draw was me in the tier 6 french amx arty vs a rhm ln full hp we both spotted each other on magic forest map and then fired at the same time. The rhm killed me first as i snapshot him but he didnt move as he assumed the shell wouldnt hit and well you can guess the rest.

for this game has too be kamikazing some ship in my QE. Happened ages ago so i cant remember what happened.

also dont worry about it op too insignificant to have an effect.

Players
3,525 posts
8,214 battles
3 hours ago, CptBarney said:

My most memorable draw was me in the tier 6 french amx arty vs a rhm ln full hp we both spotted each other on magic forest map and then fired at the same time. The rhm killed me first as i snapshot him but he didnt move as he assumed the shell wouldnt hit and well you can guess the rest.

for this game has too be kamikazing some ship in my QE. Happened ages ago so i cant remember what happened.

also dont worry about it op too insignificant to have an effect.

The magical forest was pure bliss, despite its shortcomings... a true mememachine at heart and one of the most trollish parts of any map in WoT.

I can see why it got .... "reworked" but I really liked the forested areas and the plentiful opportunities for ambushes.

Draws in WoT were much more common though. Nowdays less so I believe, because it's become a goldspamming brawlingfest instead of a more diverse game in which multiple tactics were workable. It got destroyed by a very vocal minority that kept crying about how sniping and camping was bad for the game.

[4_0_4]
Players
5,333 posts
11,539 battles
7 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I never knew people with 24 draws existed, how exiting! :Smile_ohmy:

During the old times, draws weren't that rare.

• Cool 1

Players
244 posts
1,407 battles

Perhaps a blunt analysis, but if you didn't win the battle it shouldn't be expunged from your WR stats. WR is the only parameter used, so anything other than a win is a failure, call it a loss or a draw, either way you didn't win in a game that is about winning and not failing to win.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,651 posts
4,793 battles
9 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I never knew people with 24 draws existed, how exiting! :Smile_ohmy:

Oh yeah? image.png.c84c532cfd4a244a2f94ffb93ed8d0ee.png
So many newfriends here, good, good.

In fact, if those were wins (somehow), it would raise my WR by 1,65%!
That is 61,15% instead of current 59,5%, right?
image.png.72745539d09cf6b92ddd5a99c250e2cf.png

1 hour ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

I only started playing in open beta, but still have 65 Draws.

Yeah, but you have over 14k battles, my good man!
You must have all sorts of weird things happen in your games, just by the pure force of improbability drive.

52 minutes ago, 250swb said:

a game that is about winning and not failing to win.

Can't argue with that though.

• Funny 1

Players
3,525 posts
8,214 battles
3 hours ago, Blixies said:

Oh yeah? image.png.c84c532cfd4a244a2f94ffb93ed8d0ee.png
So many newfriends here, good, good.

In fact, if those were wins (somehow), it would raise my WR by 1,65%!
That is 61,15% instead of current 59,5%, right?
image.png.72745539d09cf6b92ddd5a99c250e2cf.png

Yeah, but you have over 14k battles, my good man!
You must have all sorts of weird things happen in your games, just by the pure force of improbability drive.

Can't argue with that though.

12 minutes ago, Ubertron_X said:

A line must be drawn here!

image.jpeg.a463893a1b63111b42bbfce93bce8922.jpeg

But both of you were beta testers and back in the old days, draws were a lot more common,. right?

Players
3,525 posts
8,214 battles
4 hours ago, Zemeritt said:

During the old times, draws weren't that rare.

Yup, I know.

But why is OP asking about it now if draws are basically a non-issue these days?

Of course he can do whatever suits him fine, but it kinda sounds like a waste of effort to me.

And at any rate, I'd rather keep my precious draws stats and I doubt WG will actually change this.

And a draw should also not be a win anyway because it isn't one :Smile-_tongue:

[BFS]
Beta Tester
495 posts

Well....

A draw is a draw.... why should it count towards your WIN-rate??

You didn't win? And the WIN-rate, is not a win/loose rate....