Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
chris_von_dude

recruit rewards for game veterans as well... (a suggestion)

26 comments in this topic

Players
18 posts
629 battles

i've been thinking about this for a while now, but i wanted to express it in here as well.

game admins: dont get mad at me, please. i love+support this game.

SO:

dear world of warships admins, hello.

i am chris, and i've been playing this great game for years.
its a great game, and i love it very much,
but i have one complaint:

-in the old ''invite a friend'' missions, if i recruited someone, he would get a DIANA tier II ship by playing his first battle, and a Texas Tier V battleship by playing a battle with a VI tier ship.

so, if my recruited friend can have all those benefits, why cant i earn a Texas Tier V battleship for playing a battle with a VI tier ship?

plus, to make things worse, there is a humble bundle offer where each member of the ''humble bundle'' site can earn many WoW goodies if they subcribe to humble bundle+join WoW through that link.

but old, already existing WoW members only get... 1 flag.
is that fair?

i have won a DIANA Tier II ship when i won my first battle, and it felt great, but why cant i win the Texas Tier V battleship after i've won+played my first battle on a VI ship?

what im trying to say is:
you reward the newly recruited members of WoW with MANY good gifts, great ships+ premium items, (which is good), but why you dont reward old, veteran+loyal members with good gifts as well?

all i want really, is to get the Texas Tier V battleship (or the current referral reward ship, the Tier VI Warspite ship, which is given to all new recruits, but not to old veterans like me.)

also, i would like to get the ''veterans flag'', which was given to any player that invited+recruited other players in the game, because i've never received that as well, despite my efforts in recruiting new members for WoW.

i hope that i don't sound too silly or arrogant, but i would like to get something back as a loyal and seasoned veteran of this glorious game.

please consider my suggestion, and plz reply back, thanks.

[CATS]
Players
17,383 posts
11,714 battles

They do.

You could get a bunch of rewards under the old invite system.

And if you just want rewards, play the game. I think you could get around 4 free premiums just by playing in the last 12 months....

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Players
18 posts
629 battles
8 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

They do.

You could get a bunch of rewards under the old invite system.

And if you just want rewards, play the game. I think you could get around 4 free premiums just by playing in the last 12 months....

yet they dont give you a Texas Tier V battleship for playing your first battle with a Tier VI ship...

nor do they give you the rewards that a new recruit gets (both via the humble-bundle offer, and via the old invite rewards)...

only the new recruits earn those rewards, while the old players earn... less things.

i play the game. and yet i dont earn any free(?) premium ships... (how could anyone win such ships, unless they bought them ofcourse..)

elaborate colonelpete, otherwise your post+arguments are useless and invalid.

im sorry, but thats how it is.

• Bad 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,651 posts
4,793 battles
13 minutes ago, chris_von_dude said:

yet they dont give you a Texas Tier V battleship for playing your first battle with a Tier VI ship...

nor do they give you the rewards that a new recruit gets (both via the humble-bundle offer, and via the old invite rewards)...

only the new recruits earn those rewards, while the old players earn... less things.

i play the game. and yet i dont earn any free(?) premium ships... (how could anyone win such ships, unless they bought them ofcourse..)

But Pete is right. Cossack was free (or did it cost 1 euro?). Oktoberskaya Revolutsia was free during a marathon as well.

Check this crazy $$$hieet, dawg: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Arsenal

1. Pick "More resources" containers.
  2. Collect coal.
  3. ???
  4. Profit.
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TTT]
Players
4,301 posts
7,937 battles

off the top of my head, I didnt pay a cent for...

Kamikaze R

Graf Spee

Prinz Eitel Friedrich

OktRev

Smith

Bourgogne

Missouri

And I could buy or could have bought half a dozen more if I were interested in them, with FreeXP, Coal and Steel.

And that's not even counting supercontainers - I actually got a Texas out of one I got through an event (so it wasnt a random one); trust me, you're not missing out on much...

[CATS]
Players
17,383 posts
11,714 battles
3 minutes ago, chris_von_dude said:

Because veterans already got a lot of free stuff. The free stuff for new players is a jumpstart for them and to motivate them and get closer to the veterans, but they will never get the same stuff.

If you did not earn free premiums, then you did not play enough...

You could take another break and get free stuff in 90 days for not playing, if you think that is more than you can get by playing during that time....

I got for free (list is incomplete):

• Musashi
  • MIssouri
  • Kronshtadt
  • Cossack (ok, 1 €, sorry)
  • Duke of York
  • Indianapolis
  • Nelson
  • Gallant
  • Aigle
  • Graf Spee
  • Shinonome
  • Oktober
  • Kamikaze
  • some low Tier ships
  • ARP Kongo
  • ARP Haruna
  • ARP Kirishima
  • ARP Hiei
  • ARP Myoko
  • ARP Ashigara
  • ARP Nachi
  • ARP Haguro
  • Southern Dragon Myoko
  • Cool 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,651 posts
4,793 battles
4 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

Bourgogne

You bought the baguette instead of the all-powerful Stalingrad?
You're the first one I know.

Veterans also got Arkansas Beta (boy is that ship a monster... Nikolai who?).
Super veterans (the ancient ones) got Iwaki Alpha, which sound incredibly fun.

[RBMF]
501 posts
6,713 battles

I say free goodies for moderators too! :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab:

*cough* Okay. I absolutely agree that there should some sort of reward for veteran players that are still active. For two reasons.

1. They have continued to play the game over the years and should be rewarded with small treats. I'm not saying to give them anything special like their own Arkansas Beta, but maybe their own flag with some treats would be good :)

2. After you get to a certain point, like me, you have gotten to every silver T10 ship and don't really have enough interest in clan battles or ranked to grind to the special steel ships. As a result, the game feels a bit boring really when you have nothing to work towards. So it would be nice to have some goodies and maybe our own special ship :cap_like:

• Cool 2

[TTT]
Players
4,301 posts
7,937 battles
6 minutes ago, Blixies said:

I'm not even the only guy in TTT who did that... just zero interest in Moskva-like gameplay... not that I think the Bourgogne is a better ship (certainly not for CBs), but it's just plain more appealing to me. I'll wait and see what Yoshino (the T10 Azuma) turns out looking like, maybe I'll pick that one up...

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,160 battles
8 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Reason to pick Burger over Stalin - Burger doesn't carry the same fame, so it doesn't get focused nearly as much. Still more than the average ship, but nowhere near as much as Stalin. And it still packs one hell of a punch.

Plus significantly more interesting gameplay

Players
1,560 posts
8,457 battles
11 minutes ago, Blixies said:

But Pete is right. Cossack was free (or did it cost 1 euro?). Oktoberskaya Revolutsia was free during a marathon as well.

I got Cossack, Aigle, Gallant, Smith and Varyag in Campaigns and Okt. Revol, Yubari, Cambeltown and Musashi from the Arsenal (so effectively free). Plus several 10pt Captains. I do feel pretty well rewarded for my persistence (if not my level of success). 

3 minutes ago, CptMinia said:

So it would be nice to have some goodies and maybe our own special ship 

It would. And it wouldn't have to be a fancy ship, either, although I think there might be a fight over which one. Is there a ship which served in the navies of all four servers? 

[RBMF]
501 posts
6,713 battles
Just now, invicta2012 said:

It would. And it wouldn't have to be a fancy ship, either, although I think there might be a fight over which one. Is there a ship which served in the navies of all four servers? 

I don't think so...

Honestly it would probably be a copy-pasta ship if this ever happened. But I would hope for a ship like the IJN Yamashiro, maybe Maya? I'd honestly be looking for a jap premium if it was me. 

[SM0KE]
Players
3,012 posts
7,209 battles
39 minutes ago, chris_von_dude said:

i play the game. and yet i dont earn any free(?) premium ships...

If you're not a re-roll, it's because you haven't played enough yet.

There's all manner of freebies available if one is persistent enough (or not, even - my most recent freebie was Charleston and that was only about 15K coal, or whatever it was); there was the PEF grind over Xmas and the New Year, for example. Pretty sure I picked up Musashi for a mixture of coal and steel i.e. free - and that's an (arguably) OP T9 BB, for goodness' sake!

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,636 battles

Don't forget Mikasa been plenty of free premium ships in the game for the last couple of years.

Players
1,560 posts
8,457 battles
Just now, CptMinia said:

Honestly it would probably be a copy-pasta ship if this ever happened. But I would hope for a ship like the IJN Yamashiro, maybe Maya? I'd honestly be looking for a jap premium if it was me. 

If it was me, I'd be giving special campaigns to each player when they hit a certain number of games. If they won another 50/100 games after that they could get one of...

2k games = Dreadnought

4k  = Electra (RN E Class), Cyclone, Nokaze (improved Minekaze), Wilhelm Heidkamp (Z-22), Herndon / Deyatelnyi (Nicholas)

6k = Ajax (Leander), Maxim Gorky (Kirov/Molotov), Admiral Scheer (Graf Spee) , Kinugasa (Aoba) , Columbia (original T6 Cleveland)

8k = Javelin (RN J Class), Slavny (improved Gnevny) , Georg Thiele (1934 Maass type), Ayanami (original Fubuki), Shaw (Mahan Class). 

10k = Valiant (RN Queen Elizabeth Class), Idaho (US New Mexico Class), Yamashiro (IJN Fuso Class)

These are largely copy-and-paste ships from existing lines, but with a few tweaks and a perma-camo they'd be of value to collectors and ship geeks (like me). 

• Cool 2

[EUR]
Players
370 posts
4,103 battles

I never got a thing from supercontainers and I opened around 400 for sure till now. Still hope one day I will :Smile_coin:

[DAVY]
Players
2,509 posts
17 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

I never got a thing from supercontainers and I opened around 400 for sure till now

I am thinking that you got your numbers wrong :Smile_Default:

• Funny 1

[DAVY]
Players
2,509 posts
12 hours ago, chris_von_dude said:

Pete's comments are perfectly valid...You claiming to 'love' the game and being a 'veteran' are less valid as you have hardly played and know absolutely nothing about what how the veteran players have been rewarded for actually playing the game.....you are just another 'give me prizes for no effort' player. :Smile_facepalm:

Players
1,560 posts
8,457 battles

BTW - I've answered my own question about a ship class serving in the Navies of all the main servers. Clemson class destroyers...

USS Herndon was transferred to the RN as HMS Churchill, and then to the Soviet Navy as Deyatelni. 

USS Stewart was sunk in shallow water, raised by the IJN and used as Torpedo boat PB 102.

All v boring, I know, but if any one can do better.... 

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
6,151 battles
12 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

I got for free (list is incomplete):

• Musashi
  • MIssouri
  • Kronshtadt
  • Cossack (ok, 1 €, sorry)
  • Duke of York
  • Indianapolis
  • Nelson
  • Gallant
  • Aigle
  • Graf Spee
  • Shinonome
  • Oktober
  • Kamikaze
  • some low Tier ships
  • ARP Kongo
  • ARP Haruna
  • ARP Kirishima
  • ARP Hiei
  • ARP Myoko
  • ARP Ashigara
  • ARP Nachi
  • ARP Haguro
  • Southern Dragon Myoko

Omg what ?? I only got Mushashi and Aigle for coal and Nelson for FXP and as such i feel they were not completly "free" but earned through hundreds of playing hours. ( often with premium account )

I got the Cossack for 1 euro too.

Only thing i got with little effort was the Dreadnought. But at tier III i have no use for the thing, no operations, bad and restricted low tier gameplay. I an perticular jealous of that Graf Spee :-)

[CATS]
Players
17,383 posts
11,714 battles
6 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Only thing i got with little effort was the Dreadnought. But at tier III i have no use for the thing, no operations, bad and restricted low tier gameplay. I an perticular jealous of that Graf Spee :-)

Strictly speaking I got Warspite and Dreadnought for free too. But since I bought them before, I got the Doubloons.

WG gives out a lot of free ships nowadays.

Last year alone:

• Duke of York
  • Gallant
  • Dreadnought
  • Warspite 
  • Cossack (1 €)
  • Indianapolis
  • + Free XP ships

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,596 posts
8,106 battles
13 hours ago, CptMinia said:

I say free goodies for moderators too! :crab: :crab: :crab: :crab:

*cough* Okay. I absolutely agree that there should some sort of reward for veteran players that are still active. For two reasons.

1. They have continued to play the game over the years and should be rewarded with small treats. I'm not saying to give them anything special like their own Arkansas Beta, but maybe their own flag with some treats would be good :)

2. After you get to a certain point, like me, you have gotten to every silver T10 ship and don't really have enough interest in clan battles or ranked to grind to the special steel ships. As a result, the game feels a bit boring really when you have nothing to work towards. So it would be nice to have some goodies and maybe our own special ship :cap_like:

Do you renember the time when they gave away Dragonflags for players with xk steps of games played?

Or the Special flags for 1 , 2 or 3 years since account creation?

Or that time they gave away a Supercontainer each for playing a game in every Tier X ship you had? (wait didn't they do that twice already? :cap_yes:)

13 hours ago, Blixies said:

Veterans also got Arkansas Beta (boy is that ship a monster... Nikolai who?).
Super veterans (the ancient ones) got Iwaki Alpha, which sound incredibly fun.

Aaaww don't remind me! :fish_panic:

I am still salty i didn't get the ship because they wouldn't let me into Alpha. Yet I basically earned it for a friend of mine because he got lucky to get into alpha but couldn't play at that time. Now that friend stoped playing though and rather plays Legends on Xbox while that Iwaki Alpha I am so envious of is rotting in his port. :Smile_sad:

On Topic:

OP sounds a bit overzealous and fails to see the good stuff WG already handed out. (rare i know, but I renember some REALLY good rewards for veteran players in my WOWS career)

[EUR]
Players
370 posts
4,103 battles
4 hours ago, bushwacker001 said:

I am thinking that you got your numbers wrong :Smile_Default:

haha yea :cap_fainting:its more like 10 in 400 of the normal ones but still no luck :D 

Players
1,929 posts
10,601 battles
10 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

haha yea :cap_fainting:its more like 10 in 400 of the normal ones but still no luck :D 

Some of us open 2 or 3 SC every few weeks, just no ship. I openned one on sun but its another 50 ocean soul:Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,690 posts
19,724 battles
17 hours ago, chris_von_dude said:

[...] i've been playing this great game for years.[...]

if so u rerolled, played coop or just kinda not did play like up to 1 battle/day... and u asking for "vet rewards"?!...

u don't see other, "true" vets asking for such, or do u? (besides the discussion on the alterntion in whole...)

....lotta contraindicators (prems) given, case closed.

+ i would go and collect a million dollars if they would refrain from giving higher tier ships out to n**bs without any tutorials on how to play 'em! my lately high tier experience been a pure nightmare. and now here we got the kind of asking for a t5 pwn bb for playing --> 1 <-- t4 match.............. yay...........

Sign in to follow this