Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Kassiba

Equality of all servers: it was fun while it lasted (aka bonus codes in RU streams only for RU)

17 comments in this topic

Players
56 posts

So for those who started playing fairly recently: in the beginning of the game, every region was doing its own thing. Shop offers, smaller events, missions, ingame discounts, ingame bonuses,..., different on every server every week. And of course, every server thought he was getting the short of the stick on a regular base. Until -after years of begging- things were finally unified across the world. Everony was happy, everyone was equal.

Of course, we can't have peace. So a few weeks ago, RU decided that RU players are better than the rest of the world. Pretty much whenever there is a RU stream on twitch, bonus codes are handed out; as they are meant for those watching, they are very limited and barely last until the end of the stream, rendering them pretty useless to be posted on social media. Initially, a couple of codes were universal for all server, while the last one was RU only. And then, last week, they decided "**** the world", we are doing RU only codes.

Is it worth to fret about codes that give 5 camos or 10 signals ? Probably not. But it surely is worth raising our voice when they are turning back to an old system we fought hard for to get rid of. Make your voice heared.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,528 posts
13,360 battles

Do the EU streams even give out codes anymore?

Let's not forget that on NA WG has a server exclusive carnival event. As every year we should remind ourselves Europe doesn't celebrate carnival. :Smile_sceptic:

NA has more such exclusives, like the Corgi fleet etc. Server equality indeed.

• Cool 3

[BONI]
Players
1,196 posts
10,671 battles

There have been codes that only worked in other regions too.

[PORT]
Modder
1,639 posts
11,866 battles

As long as these just such tiny giveaways I don't bother.

I remember the times when demotivated WoT-stuff has made the WoWs-EU missions. And NA had the same mission, just way easier and way more rewards. Thank god that has changed. :Smile_bajan2:

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
3 hours ago, Smeggo said:

As long as these just such tiny giveaways I don't bother.

Well you, we all, should...

3 hours ago, Smeggo said:

I remember the times when demotivated WoT-stuff has made the WoWs-EU missions. And NA had the same mission, just way easier and way more rewards. Thank god that has changed. :Smile_bajan2:

And that was because of their good hearts right? Nope, it was because we made a big enough stink that it changed.

• Cool 1

Players
300 posts
14,014 battles

Disappointing but hardly surprising, still most on the EU server would only get upset if it was a substantial reward.

[PORT]
Modder
1,639 posts
11,866 battles
7 hours ago, Juanx said:

And that was because of their good hearts right? Nope, it was because we made a big enough stink that it changed.

No, in the end it was because they had to unify missions when the released the game on steam. :Smile_trollface:

[BYOB]
Players
3,528 posts
13,360 battles
1 hour ago, Gudgeon said:

First world problems. 

Look everyone, a masochist. Listen, if you don't look out for number one then who will? Who will stand up and defend your interests if you're too lazy to do it?

If it was possible WG would be glad to give us nothing, as this would reduce their workload. Topics like this one remind WG that we aren't blind to the inequality between servers.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
3,502 posts
8,203 battles
16 hours ago, Aragathor said:

Do the EU streams even give out codes anymore?

Let's not forget that on NA WG has a server exclusive carnival event. As every year we should remind ourselves Europe doesn't celebrate carnival. :Smile_sceptic:

NA has more such exclusives, like the Corgi fleet etc. Server equality indeed.

EU did host giveaways last year. I firmly remember having received one credit as a reward from that stream (yes I kid you not, ONE CREDIT).

Kinda pale compared to the russian stream, and to make matters worse russians can join the NA prize giveaways as well and it's already virtually impossible to win in those giveaways.

[BYOB]
Players
3,528 posts
13,360 battles
6 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

EU did host giveaways last year. I firmly remember having received one credit as a reward from that stream (yes I kid you not, ONE CREDIT).

Kinda pale compared to the russian stream, and to make matters worse russians can join the NA prize giveaways as well and it's already virtually impossible to win in those giveaways.

I remember the Halloween stream, that was insultingly humiliating.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Players
383 posts
8,629 battles
48 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

EU did host giveaways last year. I firmly remember having received one credit as a reward from that stream

I did get my 15 seconds of internet fame in that stream. The 1 extra credit I too got was just a cherry on top. :Smile_trollface:

Players
3,502 posts
8,203 battles
5 hours ago, Altsak said:

I did get my 15 seconds of internet fame in that stream. The 1 extra credit I too got was just a cherry on top. :Smile_trollface:

Wait what? You also got a code for 5 of each special dragon signals just like every rusky server pleb is able to claim from their wows stream like every single week? :Smile_ohmy:

[PC]
Players
255 posts
On 2/26/2019 at 8:44 AM, Aragathor said:

Look everyone, a masochist. Listen, if you don't look out for number one then who will? Who will stand up and defend your interests if you're too lazy to do it?

If it was possible WG would be glad to give us nothing, as this would reduce their workload. Topics like this one remind WG that we aren't blind to the inequality between servers.

Someone who no longer gives a crap about this game, finds free things in a 'free to play game' of no real importance and has other things of interest, is not the definition of a masochist. I work for what I get and I don't expect free things. 

Sign in to follow this