You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Griva

Next Clan battles season format

53 comments in this topic

[-G0M-]
Beta Tester
289 posts
12,329 battles
On 2/26/2019 at 5:22 PM, Griva said:

Looks like you want justice so much that you will push yourself and everyone else into hell just to "doom" cruisers (even without radars), but you don't realise DD's are in the same position...

I do realise DD's are borked too right now, that's why I have pretty much stopped playing them at the moment, they are not fun. I got sick of playing clan battles in a DD as there was always multiple radar and being the attention of the enemy as I'm the only thing spotted by an invisible ship hiding behind an island that is able to counter me by just pressing a button is no fun either. 

What is really annoying right now is folks refusing to even give it a go, yes, a lot of us said Tier10 would be a $hit $how with the new CV rework and the subsequent CV nerfs have turned it into something akin to an episode of Fawlty Towers.

Yes it will be different, yes it may be hard, but right now with all the radar clan wars is no fun for DD's (but you say learn to adapt) if that's the case why do so many of the top clans run clan wars without a DD? Should we just name this World of Battleships and Cruisers? It is getting stupid that the obvious changes with a lot of the ships will drive certain classes to extinction, and yet there are so many people defending the old meta.

Maybe with CV's in the game then other ships may get spotted sooner and shot at sooner, releaving the pressure on the DD, yes it gets focused when it caps but then that is a radar problem NOT a CV problem. Limit games to 2 radar per team MAX in clan wars then you can say let's look at removing CV's. Right now it feels like that some players only want the high dpm, radar & hydro & DefAA ships, we want to do everything, be weak against nothing... 

This game is falling apart, WG mainly to blame but they are being supported by players that are not interested in balance at all.

TB.

Players
3,130 posts
9,696 battles

They will have to put CV's in CB i'm afraid.  They killed the other version because they didn't and what's the point of grinding a CV for the Clan if you cant play it? 

To get CV players in this game, they have to add them to CB.

WG don't have a problem with mixing things up like Randoms and is awful rework.  So they will mix up CB too and expect us just to deal with it. 

All the CV has to do is spot for the entire game in CB. That is it and it will be incredibly boring.

However, The biggest reason IMHO to add it in CB is for WG to prove that the rework has worked.  If they cant add it into Clans then they are basically saying its a epic failure and unable to balance it.

Rock and hard place WG. :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1

[OP]
[OP]
Players
385 posts
11,741 battles
2 hours ago, T3ddyBear said:

Yes it will be different, yes it may be hard, but right now with all the radar clan wars is no fun for DD's (but you say learn to adapt) if that's the case why do so many of the top clans run clan wars without a DD? Should we just name this World of Battleships and Cruisers? It is getting stupid that the obvious changes with a lot of the ships will drive certain classes to extinction, and yet there are so many people defending the old meta.

Maybe with CV's in the game then other ships may get spotted sooner and shot at sooner, releaving the pressure on the DD, yes it gets focused when it caps but then that is a radar problem NOT a CV problem. Limit games to 2 radar per team MAX in clan wars then you can say let's look at removing CV's. Right now it feels like that some players only want the high dpm, radar & hydro & DefAA ships, we want to do everything, be weak against nothing... 

This game is falling apart, WG mainly to blame but they are being supported by players that are not interested in balance at all.

TB.

I meant this talk about adapting is [edited] becuase there is no way to just adapt and perform as good as without radars. And also I said, clans stopped using 2 DDs last season for that reason. It not gonna work like you think.

It is not about it will be hard or not - the point is CVs will doom gameplay not only for cruisers but everyone, especially DDs. Just look at this scenario:

If cruisers are in danger from the very first minute of the game, then logical solution is taking route in last lines. If not, you will die or be seriosuly slowed down to avoid fire.

This means that as DD you have no AA cover and no gun support, what makes you easy target or CV.

If you go cap alone you gonna die alone.

If you go spot for cruisers, CV also strike you as the easiest alone target.

If you stay behind with others it means you are useles and this is even worse than with 4 radars meta.

On top of that you have to remember that finally enemy radars will come closer or push yolo and you are going to be spotted radars too.

Adding CV into game is equal to adding just one more additional obstacle for DD. I am DD player too and I don't see any scenario how CV's will help DD's to be more useful.

• Cool 1