Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrConway

Supertest - Changes to Test Ships

20 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,664 posts
2,520 battles

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary. 

Soviet destroyer Neustrashimy, tier IX. 

Changed the parameters of the "Repair party" consumable: 

• Healing is reduced from 2% to 1.5% of maximum hit points per second: 

The concept of a destroyer with an improved "Repair party", which can restore a large number of hit points, has proven itself well and has allowed Neustrashimy to survive clashes with the enemy and have the ability to return to active combat later in the battle. However, to balance Neustrashimy with other destroyers, we needed to reduce the efficiency of this consumable. 

Italian destroyer Leone, tier VI. 

Changed the parameters of the "Smoke Generator" consumable: 

• The number of charges is reduced from 2 (3) for 1 (2); 

A  large number of Smoke Generator charges make a destroyer very forgiving of  mistakes. Given her long emission and duration time, Leone was very effective at her tier. Now, with the wrong positioning and inappropriate activation of the consumable, the destroyer can more easily end up without charges at the end of the battle and, as a result, will be less effective. 

Japanese cruiser Azuma, tier IX. 

The original concept of this cruiser thrived in long distance engagements, taking into account the features of her armor and her good accuracy. However, testing showed that such an idea severely limited the player tactically and reduced their impact on the battle. In the new version, Azuma is less accurate, but at the same time she has received a number of improvements that allow the ship to be effective not only at the maximum range. 

Improved the "Repair party" consumable: 

• The number of charges increased from 2 (3) to 3 (4); 
  • Cooldown has been reduced from 120 (80) to 60 (40). 

Added the "Hydroacoustic Search" consumable: 

• Duration: 100 s; 
  • Ship detection range: 5 km; 
  • Torpedo detection range: 3.5 km; 
  • Cooldown: 180 s (120 s); 
  • Charges: 2 (3). 

The accuracy of this cruiser returned to its previous level due to excessive efficiency. At the same time, the parameters will still be better than those of similar tier IX cruisers (Kronshtadt and Alaska) at short and medium distances. 

To increase the survivability of the cruiser, we improved the "Repair party" consumable. With a short cooldown and a large number of charges, the cruiser will be able to stay longer in active battle.

The "Hydroacoustic Search" consumable returned to the ship, and its parameters correspond to the standard for cruisers at tier IX. Its presence will allow the ship to feel safer in close combat, although the characteristics of the cruiser do not imply effective participation in the battle at short distances due to the peculiarities of the armor and a long reload of the Main Battery. 

Also, Azuma will have her anti-aircraft weapons updated. We will share the details, but a little later. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[BLITZ]
Players
2,442 posts
9,810 battles

Excitement for Azuma went back to "low" again... :cap_old:

• Cool 8

Players
200 posts
10,081 battles

If Azuma lost her accuracy it should be extra armored, hydro isnt trade with accuracy hydro is must as all other have it, heal is useless if ship will eat full pens and citadels, so yeah for me and majority of playerbase is super guns or decent armor, for now your shifting from super guns to not armor but shifting to cr*p. My personal opinion.

• Cool 4

[SCRUB]
Players
8,135 posts
10,628 battles
On 2/25/2019 at 5:50 PM, MrConway said:

Japanese cruiser Azuma, tier IX. 

The original concept of this cruiser thrived in long distance engagements, taking into account the features of her armor and her good accuracy. However, testing showed that such an idea severely limited the player tactically and reduced their impact on the battle. In the new version, Azuma is less accurate, but at the same time she has received a number of improvements that allow the ship to be effective not only at the maximum range. 

Improved the "Repair party" consumable: 

• The number of charges increased from 2 (3) to 3 (4); 
  • Cooldown has been reduced from 120 (80) to 60 (40). 

Added the "Hydroacoustic Search" consumable: 

• Duration: 100 s; 
  • Ship detection range: 5 km; 
  • Torpedo detection range: 3.5 km; 
  • Cooldown: 180 s (120 s); 
  • Charges: 2 (3). 

The accuracy of this cruiser returned to its previous level due to excessive efficiency. At the same time, the parameters will still be better than those of similar tier IX cruisers (Kronshtadt and Alaska) at short and medium distances. 

To increase the survivability of the cruiser, we improved the "Repair party" consumable. With a short cooldown and a large number of charges, the cruiser will be able to stay longer in active battle.

The "Hydroacoustic Search" consumable returned to the ship, and its parameters correspond to the standard for cruisers at tier IX. Its presence will allow the ship to feel safer in close combat, although the characteristics of the cruiser do not imply effective participation in the battle at short distances due to the peculiarities of the armor and a long reload of the Main Battery. 

Also, Azuma will have her anti-aircraft weapons updated. We will share the details, but a little later. 

Now that the Azuma no longer gets the absurdly good accuracy, what about the 25mm plating all around? Ostensibly the armour change was done in no small part to counterbalance her extremely good offensive capability. Rather than giving her an additional heal and decrease the cooldown it might help with survivability to simply improve the armour thickness in parts like say the midships deck armour to 30mm so it can bounce >429mm AP rather than just get lolpenned.

Getting additional healing charges and lower cooldowns are literally just bandaids and the Azuma doesn't look quite nimble enough to not get hit in the first place as a defensive measure, even at long ranges.

Besides, what good does it to have a supercruiser with very good concealment for its size when it's balanced about being played as a backline sniper as soon as something with AP shells larger than 357mm is thrown into the mix?

Something which is going to happen in regularity considering we still got the 4-5 BBs per team MM as usual.

• Cool 4

[T-N-T]
Players
2,431 posts
11,363 battles

I guess zombie Neustrashimy is here to stay. Clearly looking at (perceived*) lack of accuracy of main battery guns is too hard of a challenge.

Re Azuma: Oh well, the old T10 looked fine. But why not fixing what isn't broken, eh? (Rhetorical question, of course: More premiums, more monies.)

*In theory, Neustrashimy should be more than decent in gunfights. In practice, CCs have been struggling in streams.

[SWTP]
Players
758 posts
7,967 battles
47 minut temu, Toivia napisał:

I guess zombie Neustrashimy is here to stay. Clearly looking at (perceived*) lack of accuracy of main battery guns is too hard of a challenge.

Re Azuma: Oh well, the old T10 looked fine. But why not fixing what isn't broken, eh? (Rhetorical question, of course: More premiums, more monies.)

*In theory, Neustrashimy should be more than decent in gunfights. In practice, CCs have been struggling in streams.

TBH I always wanted good t9 free xp/coal DD, but this one looks meh. Overnerfed Gorozo. I would prefer buffed Kijev with better concealment and/or 10km torps. Right now some of the silver ships are so much better. Well, free xp BBs have to be the best, free xp CAs have to be best, free xp DD has to be :etc_swear:.  WG logic.

• Cool 1

[T-N-T]
Players
2,431 posts
11,363 battles
3 hours ago, DariusJacek said:

TBH I always wanted good t9 free xp/coal DD, but this one looks meh. Overnerfed Gorozo. I would prefer buffed Kijev with better concealment and/or 10km torps. Right now some of the silver ships are so much better. Well, free xp BBs have to be the best, free xp CAs have to be best, free xp DD has to be :etc_swear:.  WG logic.

Well I strongly disagree. Neustrashimy is a very strong DD, with the british super heal it even shits on (current OP T9 champions) Kitakaze and Black.

Yes, the heal gets a nerf, but it still remains a lol I print a new ship button that imo has no place on a DD (and is very debatable on other ship classes as well). Why? Because such a heal entirely screws DD fights.

On another note, Neustrashimy is not FreeXP, it has been announced as a steel ship, in the vein of Black, presumably (another stupid abomination).

[SWTP]
Players
758 posts
7,967 battles
4 godziny temu, Toivia napisał:

Well I strongly disagree. Neustrashimy is a very strong DD, with the british super heal it even shits on (current OP T9 champions) Kitakaze and Black.

Yes, the heal gets a nerf, but it still remains a lol I print a new ship button that imo has no place on a DD (and is very debatable on other ship classes as well). Why? Because such a heal entirely screws DD fights.

On another note, Neustrashimy is not FreeXP, it has been announced as a steel ship, in the vein of Black, presumably (another stupid abomination).

OP steel ship with a gimmick then. But you said CCs have been struggling? On paper, it looks meh. We will see. Anyway, for me as a steel ship, it is a distant future. I still hope for a decent free xp/ coal DD.  Hope dies last. :cap_haloween:

[TSCC]
Players
1,577 posts
18,731 battles
2 hours ago, DariusJacek said:

OP steel ship with a gimmick then. But you said CCs have been struggling? On paper, it looks meh. We will see. Anyway, for me as a steel ship, it is a distant future. I still hope for a decent free xp/ coal DD.  Hope dies last. :cap_haloween:

CCs are struggling mostly because of gun dispersion and gun build is probably not the best one. But torpedo build was quite good. Don't be misleaded by looking at paper stats, Neustra is good ship with good concealment and zombi heal. Sure it is not strong in direct battle with other DDs like Kita or Jutland but thanks to heal you can outlive them, trade, heal, trade ... Even with nerf, with 20% heal flag you can get 36% of your HP back per consumable, theoretically at least. That is between 7k - 8k HP per heal per consumable which, for DD, is massive. She is at least different than other T9 DDs and definitely different than other Soviet DDs.

• Cool 2

[SWTP]
Players
758 posts
7,967 battles
19 minut temu, fumtu napisał:

CCs are struggling mostly because of gun dispersion and gun build is probably not the best one. But torpedo build was quite good. Don't be misleaded by looking at paper stats, Neustra is good ship with good concealment and zombi heal. Sure it is not strong in direct battle with other DDs like Kita or Jutland but thanks to heal you can outlive them, trade, heal, trade ... Even with nerf, with 20% heal flag you can get 36% of your HP back per consumable, theoretically at least. That is between 7k - 8k HP per heal per consumable which, for DD, is massive. She is at least different than other T9 DDs and definitely different than other Soviet DDs.

Yeah, even with reduced heal it's very good now. I didn't know about recent buffs. I've just watched Flamus latest video with her and she looks really strong and terribly frustrating to deal with. Really good torp/hybrid DD with OP gimmick. Well, time to start to save steel. I wish I had more patience to play ranked but all the time the same line ups of repeating 4-5 ships were boring.

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,523 posts
13,256 battles
16 hours ago, B0Tato said:

Excitement for Azuma went back to "low" again... :cap_old:

Mine was already on low before the change. Azuma offers little compared to other ships.

• Cool 1

[-FF-]
Players
856 posts
5,873 battles
2 hours ago, Aragathor said:

Mine was already on low before the change. Azuma offers little compared to other ships.

well, the accuracy was unique compared to say Alaska or Kronstadt. But now... I agree with you.

[T-N-T]
Players
2,431 posts
11,363 battles
8 hours ago, DariusJacek said:

Thanks to fumtu for pointing out what I should have written clearer: CCs have been struggling with the guns. And indeed it was probably because they expected too much of 4 guns.

Still, on paper you have all the consummables (hopefully they won't add radar as well), very high base HP, now still the best DD heal, 360 degree turrets, very competitive concealment. It's really just a lack of another turret that is a downside (and even then, you have a good reload and on paper* good guns).

Anyway, the wait for ANY high tier Coal/FreeXP DD is still ongoing (yet there will be the second Steel T9 DD soon).

As for Azuma, it's become a similarly annoying ship as Yahagi or Leone. No clue what to do with it to make it interesting, good, yet not absurdly OP.

*With only 2 gun turrets placed on either far end of a ship, the actual observed accuracy looks somewhat lacking.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
2,988 posts
7,126 battles
On 2/27/2019 at 2:25 AM, DariusJacek said:

I still hope for a decent free xp/ coal DD.  Hope dies last.

Me too!

Perhaps something could be done with Cavalier for coal or free xp?

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
Modder
116 posts
15,869 battles

You need to do something for the testers.

Deactivate compliment/report when in test ships.

People isn't aware about test ships and in many games i hear "OMG a cheater!", "hacker you have a ship that doesn't exist" etc etc

Some even trying to tk me or even are jealous as even if i do the best game and not even speak at all (for making someone to hate me...), i collect a report ...

I got reported for driving test ships and lost 8 karma points in about 20 games in test ships the last 2 days.

If you match the reports with test ship games you will find a perfect match.

• Cool 2

[T-N-T]
Players
2,431 posts
11,363 battles
2 hours ago, StratosGR said:

You need to do something for the testers.

Deactivate compliment/report when in test ships.

People isn't aware about test ships and in many games i hear "OMG a cheater!", "hacker you have a ship that doesn't exist" etc etc

Some even trying to tk me or even are jealous as even if i do the best game and not even speak at all (for making someone to hate me...), i collect a report ...

I got reported for driving test ships and lost 8 karma points in about 20 games in test ships the last 2 days.

If you match the reports with test ship games you will find a perfect match.

Wow, I mean I knew people are stupid, but that idiotic? Oh my, guess my faith in humanity again sustained a heavy blow.

That said, thankfully reports/compliments have no value in the game, so you'd be better off not caring at all, particularly when you knowyou get reported for such nonsense.

• Cool 2

[SPVO]
Players
92 posts

Yes please implement this as prio #1 - this game doesn't have other problems/issues which need fixing..... /s

I agree that the ppl behave "not smart" but on the other side do you really care about 8 Karma points?

[EUTF]
Players
172 posts
11,344 battles

I am very eager to get Leone when it comes out. It seems as a very OP ship despite the resent nerf. Before the nerfs was absurdly OP. Now it is just OP. Good job there. I only hope that OPness won't cost more than 100euros ! 

Suggestion for Azuma. The ship needs a nerf to it's AA. Also needs a nerf to its caliber. Give it 139mm guns to be able to benefit more from expert marksman and since that change will make it more OP consider droping also it's speed to 25knots. 

[RONIN]
Modder
116 posts
15,869 battles
8 hours ago, Bruecki2938 said:

Yes please implement this as prio #1 - this game doesn't have other problems/issues which need fixing..... /s

I agree that the ppl behave "not smart" but on the other side do you really care about 8 Karma points?

This is a common mistake in life.

"There are other priorities"

Things aren't serial.

It's very easy to do and it's a matter of will.

Now try to play a game when someone is abusive to you or shooting at you from the 1st second of a game and tell me if it's not an issue.

And for a job (test) needs to be done.

Karma is there, so yes i care. If they remove it, i won't. But now it's there and means that you are reported.

Check the attached example and tell me if this is not an issue.

I am here for fun and not to explode or collecting reports for no reason except than doing wg's job.

20190220_113246_PBSA108-Implacable_16_OC_bees_to_honey.wowsreplay