You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
lovelacebeer

Karma; how much is out there?

56 comments in this topic

Players
300 posts
14,014 battles

I was just wondering just how much Karma do people have? Especially as many on the forum are far better players than myself so I got curious. 

I am by no means a great player but I do try to be polite and helpful wherever possible and every now and then I get a compliment and whilst I know karma has no material value its always appreciated, especially when you meet a random player who you work well with or have had an extremely difficult battle that you managed to turn around. So I was wondering what kind of karma levels do people have?

Now I do realise there are a lot of issues regarding being reported especially by salty people who really don't like when you kill them, I for one notice this a lot in ranked battles where you can normally see you get as many reports as you do kills in a match, but that's a topic for a different discussion. So please I know the temptation is to just say karma is bad because of this or that reason but I'm trying to look at things positively. 

Anyway here's mine just to get the ball rolling karma.PNG.9dd9be4db2309b150a7bf3dcdd9dceb1.PNG

• Cool 1

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
516 posts
4,061 battles

Wow .... and I was so proud of my 87 karma ...

[KURLA]
Players
899 posts
17,499 battles

Bit over 900.

Heck if i know why considering how much i salt the earth sometimes. ^^

Btw anyone feel free to report me when you see me in in RB. :etc_red_button:

• Cool 1

Players
826 posts
14,336 battles

I think i have round about 160 or 170. To be fair most of the positive Karma is not for playing good, but i get Karma from forum People. I lose Karma ... mostly for complaining about people still sitting back in minute 18 Full HP in the BB and then manage losing all HP in 30 seconds. 

• Cool 2

[DAVY]
Players
2,504 posts
9 minutes ago, Hummus said:

Play countdowns, that will get you up to other posters levels :Smile_trollface:

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,160 battles

A solid 0 :Smile_trollface:

Maybe I’d try to gain some if it did anything useful... But as it is now - :etc_swear: it :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 4

Players
300 posts
14,014 battles
20 minutes ago, Hummus said:

It's always a good start and takes time to build up, I play this way more than I should so that probably helps. 

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,680 posts
5,899 battles

Just over 100 for me.... if you want to keep karma, don't play ranked ... which is where all the 'reporters' seem to be :)

[-RM-]
Players
374 posts
5,261 battles

HAha.. was up to a solid ten a few weeks ago but with my internet and a few timeouts (AFK) i am back to 0

[SCRUB]
Players
8,173 posts
10,691 battles

To be fair, Karma is just a metric of how many salty b*tches you come across, or how many forumites you know and meet ingame.

Someone doesn't like getting sunk? Reported for playing poorly.

Didn't carry the entire team on your back? Reported for playing poorly.

Did carry the entire team on your back? Reported for playing poorly by some enemy.

Said hello to a forumite? Someone is going to report you for misbehaviour in chat.

Some tunnelvisioning teammate took his first look at the minimap at the end of the match and sees you alone kiting half the enemy team? Camper, reported for littering.

On the other hand you can play like you just unscrewed your head and dribbled it across your keyboard and still get loads of compliments from forumites simply because you know one another.

• Cool 6

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
3,078 posts
6,133 battles

163 atm. But it goes up and down at random. Dont speak in chat, get top and kraken? Reported. Don't speak, end up 6th, in bottom tier? Complimented.

[SM0KE]
Players
3,001 posts
7,181 battles

I haven't looked lately, but it usually cycles between zero, and low single figures.

It's probably at least one lower after last night: some 'special' individual seemed to be quite upset with me that I'd got in the way of his torps in coop, to judge by the PMs I got after the battle...!

• Cool 2

[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
6,124 battles

When i play Operations my karma rises.  When i play CV my karma falls.

Now it is 0.

• Cool 1

Players
300 posts
14,014 battles
40 minutes ago, hellhound666 said:

if it could get negative then i would probably be around -1000 ...

I could only imagine how people would react if there was negative karma

[PN]
Players
609 posts
4,322 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

A solid 0

Exactly this

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
5,177 posts
6,629 battles

140-150 right now.

If i would be less salty, i might have a bit more :Smile_trollface:

But it really depends on what you play... RN CLs sitting in smoked used to farm reports like crazy. But when i play CVs in OPs, i tend to get compliments. Lately got 2 compliments while playing BB, that was totaly weird. Most of the time however, i get reported for no reason, which either means crybaby ony my own team, or a salty enemy which i killed.

[FL4-0]
Players
1,459 posts
8,008 battles

If I did not use the chat my Karma would be over 10000, but on the other hand my brain tumors would also increase. I think that maintaining the balance between a good amount of Karma and being able to say by chat what the people deserve, is the way. :Smile_teethhappy:

82 currently. (I remember that I lost 45% of my karma in the X ranked season)

[SNUBS]
Players
1,326 posts
7,001 battles

1 atm My  karma only rises when i am chatbanned.

afterwards it drops again.

• Funny 2