Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
bloodynicknames

The last update was what the game needed

34 comments in this topic

Players
214 posts
7,274 battles

I've been away from WoWs for a while recently and only came back a few weeks after CV rework.

Now im mostly a Cruiser and DD player, BBs i find too sluggish and CVs ... just, no, i dont enjoy that kinda gameplay neither pre nor post rework.

With that being said, upon coming back ofc the first thing that was apparent was that there were now CVs in almost every game.

And this made my life a living hell.

DD play was pure masochism as I was pretty much perma-spotted and other than smoke I couldnt do anything about it as ofc there are no more direct control fighters to take care of the harassing planes.

Cruisers kinda in the same boat, ofc I'm able to defend myself better than in a DD thanks to AA but using cover became more or less pointless as there was always some plane squadron around that would spot you.

So pretty much the entire visibility/concealment mechanic got shafted right there and then. 

The rework ofc did affect CVs damage output and thankfully they were no longer the "no risk, high reward" ships they used to be but still they could deny caps just by having a squad somewhere in the area.

And then came 0.8.0.3 and for the first time since I started playing this game I thought to myself "wow, WG actually got it right."

ofc there are those that will argue that CVs were nerfed into the ground but imo they were just brought in line with everyone else. 

So bottom line, I think that with this update WG actually has made the game A LOT more enjoyable for everyone(except CV players, but lets face it, thats a minority) and from the matches i've played I can say that DD pop is increasing again. 

Nice Job WG ... you made the game more enjoyable. 

• Cool 8
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 13

[SCRUB]
Players
3,111 posts
8,289 battles

A very selfish post.

WG job is to balance ALL classes ... not just the classes YOU are enjoying.

Dont you think?

• Cool 15
  • Bad 1

[ADRIA]
Players
518 posts
12,067 battles
12 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

WG job is to balance ALL classes ... not just the classes YOU are enjoying.

Most players forget/ignore this fact when talking about balance. I would even go as far and say that (some) CCs/STs ignore it as well.

• Cool 7

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,842 posts
6,051 battles

The nerfs are bad for CV enjoyment but OP has a strange impression of reality. Just because spotting is nerfed 20 %, being able to fire rockets is delayed, having to evade AA fire from hidden cruisers when you are already in their AA zone, further nerfing accuracy  and much more doesn't mean aircraft have become harmless or unplayable. They are just a lot less enjoyable.

The only sad thing is when this becomes obvious - aircraft still kill or heavily damage lone strayed away from others and/or wounded ships with low HP, including DD - there probably be even more nerfs. They will always cry nerf over the thing that killed them or in the case of CV merely herassed them.

If OP would see what CV can do end game with an enemy team that consitst solely on heavy damaged ships with low HP and busted AA modules, he would cry nerf again. While there is little to be nerfed left.

• Cool 5

[WGB]
[WGB]
Players
2,103 posts
27,065 battles
1 hour ago, bloodynicknames said:

A LOT more enjoyable for everyone(except CV players, but lets face it, thats a minority)

Jeez!! A guy that thinks minorities are not entitled to enjoyment. :fish_nerv:  Shame on you.

[ORSA]
Players
113 posts
3,212 battles
2 hours ago, bloodynicknames said:

With that being said, upon coming back ofc the first thing that was apparent was that there were now CVs in almost every game.

Imagine that, in game that features CVs you actually saw one in each game.... Horrible, I feel for you. But no worries, after the ''update that was needed'' I do not see CVs most of the time when I dont play one.

DD play was pure masochism as I was pretty much perma-spotted and other than smoke I couldnt do anything about it as ofc there are no more direct control fighters to take care of the harassing planes.

Now you must be very happy, as DDs are invisible, and CVs in general cant hurt them at all. All parameters to enjoy the game arew there

Cruisers kinda in the same boat, ofc I'm able to defend myself better than in a DD thanks to AA but using cover became more or less pointless as there was always some plane squadron around that would spot you.

Yes, Minotaur was helpless after that huge 12 dps nerf, it really needed the -20% spotting buff to be remotely playable. Although it is still week against planes, I saw a game yesterday where a full squad actually managed to drop the first load before obliterated bz the Minotaur. It was a dive bomber squad that did a huge 850 dmg to it. WG needs to buff the Minotaur a little bit more as an areal denial AA cruiser should be able to clear the sky before it is spotted. The way it is ment to be played .Players will love it. 

So bottom line, I think that with this update WG actually has made the game A LOT more enjoyable for everyone(except CV players, but lets face it, thats a minority) and from the matches i've played I can say that DD pop is increasing again. 

Who cares about CV players.... fu*k em. Good job WG, now please more Lunar containers and OP premiums, they do wonders for the game.

Talk is cheap, time for you to go to the shop and buy yourself at least 50 Lunar containers, WG deserves it... And Jean Bart for cash!

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[BS4]
Players
932 posts
5,785 battles

And then came 0.8.0.3 and for the first time since I started playing this game I thought to myself "wow, WG actually got it right."

I'm sorry??......what game are you playing?:Smile_amazed:

Players
1,728 posts
245 battles

Well hitting dds with rocket planes if they arent moving around is a lot harder now. Ive noticed. That and getting hit by invisible walls of AA which sometimes suprises me.

ranger became alot harder to play in a tier 8 game scenario.

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,379 posts
7,985 battles

think wg mm is trolling you op because I mostly now only get cvs in games I play a cv

also feels now like less cvs are in game than before the rework but that's just me personally but I very much doubt its a cv every game as op described

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
2,992 posts
7,134 battles
3 hours ago, bloodynicknames said:

Afraid I have to disagree, and I'm a DD main: fewer CVs around doesn't automatically improve the game for everyone else.

Below a certain point, CVs become so rare that there ceases to be any point to building for AA; this has two down-sides (as we saw with the old RTS CVs): firstly, it reduces variety in the game (rarely a good thing), and second when you *do* encounter a CV he's more likely to take you to the cleaners due to a mixture of build, and lack of practice.

I would suggest that for the health of the game (and there is more to the health of the game than just having whatever one's favourite class is dominant), we need CVs to be sufficiently fun and powerful that enough people want to play them that we see them consistently enough, that AA builds are a viable choice.

That's not to say that the CVs have been got right yet, of course, but aiming to get them so nerfed that they vanish from the game is probably ill-advised...

• Cool 10

Players
62 posts
7,343 battles

However i,m not a CV player so i not can understand the constantly complains from CV players? Afther the CV rework i feel my DD's where useless so i leave them all in port and change to a different type of ships to play with (CA and BB's). 

In this game WG must try to make everybody happy and while the CV players are the minority inside the game they always gonna make their decisions in the benefit of the larger amount of players in their database. 

As a WOW player i would think i not can change that and when it would make me unhappy to play with a particular shipline i would quit playing that kind of ships.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,487 posts
11,455 battles
4 hours ago, bloodynicknames said:

WG made an update that made people play CVs enough for almost every battle to feature CVs - OP sad.

WG made an update that made people stop playing CVs to the point where the numbers of CVs around are getting relatively close to the pre-rework levels (despite us being less than a month after a relaunch - so what should still be deep within a high tide) - OP happy.

That's basically all there is.

Now, I don't say there wasn't some need to balance CV vs DD interaction (especially considered the not-all-that-bright idea of allowing 2 CVs per team per match)... but it just got handled all wrong, in a way that targeted CV power as, basically, a collateral casualty of the main object of the nerf: the enjoyment of playing the class. While, obviously (unless, like OP, you're the happier the less CVs are there) the whole point of balancing should be the basic consideration: how do we nerf the excessive power while affecting the enjoyment as little as possible.

PS:

and from the matches i've played I can say that DD pop is increasing again. 

Actually, it was up again for more than two weeks. DDs became much less popular for the first week  -- due to lots of double-CV matches coupled with the fact that avoiding Flak made you pretty much invulnerable in a CV. After the first hotfix the CVs lost their excessive edge (friendly AA became a safe place for DDs and own AA started having some effect on those that have good armament in that regard) and a combination of the nerf and the first highest tide settling down a little led to a situation where double CV matches became less common. This was enough for DD population to recover by quite a lot. It might not be on the pre-rework level but, frankly, at this point it might be less an issue of CVs themselves and more of the fact that people are still picking a lot (as in, more than previously) of AA cruisers... and in WoWs it just so happens that AA cruisers are, more often than not, equipped with Radar as well. So while most matches now don't feature CVs anymore, the indirect impact of their increased presence - more Radars - is being felt pretty strongly.

At least that's the general impression I'm getting when playing DDs.

• Cool 2

[LO1]
Alpha Tester
1,402 posts
4,779 battles

Yea CV are nerfed i hate them soo much J/K

shot-19_02.24_09_51.12-0001.thumb.jpg.7e2b927691ac41b278eae27acb67f4e7.jpg

Saying that would not mind the Rockets buffed a little

• Bad 1

[ORSA]
Players
113 posts
3,212 battles
1 hour ago, Tugnut said:

Yea CV are nerfed i hate them soo much J/K

shot-19_02.24_09_51.12-0001.thumb.jpg.7e2b927691ac41b278eae27acb67f4e7.jpg

Saying that would not mind the Rockets buffed a little

What that means? Nothing, you can get a good game even with the biggest POS. You had 6 flooding, that alone is enough to the the damage listed.

Reality is, game mechanics is a joke atm. The idea of 200+ meter ships spotting airplanes while remaining unspotted before they open fire is one huge joke. When you look at the moves they are making, so eradic, multiple nerfs at the same time tells us few things

- They have no idea what are they doing

- Balancing team is scared to death of losing their jobs, as they realize just how deeply did they [edited]up the game. The moves we are looking right now are panic

- CVs are in general, pure POS. Take Hakuryu, there is no way to outplay a skilled BB out in the open, just no way. ''Stealth torpedos''  are a joke, not only the speed is pathetic, but you are more or less spotted all the time, and the arming distance is so huge that anyone paying attention will dodge the torps. Basically when I see a Musashi I smile, finally someone who is slow and inert enough for me to cross drop on him. If you try a cross drop on Republique for example, you just lose a whole swuad on the second run.

From what I can see in the T6 arena, there are no more CVs outhere most of the time. I guess we will se AA build players crying for another free retraining,as AA builds are useless. Or we will see WG putting in bot CVs to feed AA guns and make them happy.

• Cool 2

[LO1]
Alpha Tester
1,402 posts
4,779 battles

The thing is the spotting has nothing to do with the changes... and if anything the old cv game you could have most if not all caps spotted. The biggest diffrence in the game is more people are playing the CVs now so players are coming across it more.

And the best part (unless WGing nerf the skill back in to the class) most players can play CVs now and do well.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,519 posts
15,243 battles
5 minutes ago, Tugnut said:

most players can play CVs now and do well.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4TrEOQ4YdsbdZKT_w6zJ

• Cool 1
  • Funny 7

[DC_DK]
Beta Tester
259 posts
3,790 battles

It is really not easy to play CVs well. It takes practice to do well.

But what has happend is that CVs are now fun to play. I enjoy them. Well at least more than the old boring RTS style.

Am I doing good, no sadly not. But I am learning everytime I play and harvesting good tips from players in the CV forum. While spotting might not be so strong as before,

it will only change the way CVs play. 

The next cap spec will likely make a lot spec their captain back to old AA levels than the ones now.

Can you carry as strong now. I would say no with my very limited knowledge. Yes pro players like El2aZar will still do crap loads of damage and likely help win a lot of games.

Should a good player not be rewarded? Like a good Destroyer player? Even before 0.8.3 I was not scared of them in my gearing....and it even got stronger.

It is not easy to play CVs well , that takes map awareness and training.

[LO1]
Alpha Tester
1,402 posts
4,779 battles

Old CV game as a new player to the class you would be strifed out of play.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,519 posts
15,243 battles
20 minutes ago, Tugnut said:

Old CV game as a new player to the class you would be strifed out of play.

Strafing was removed in T4 & 5.

Besides, instead of losing everything to strafing now a :etc_swear: CV simply gets annihilated even by the most minuscule of AA.

And with the loss of auto drops :etc_swear: CV players miss every attack they actually get through as well.

Attempting to characterize reworked CVs as noob friendly when they are actually more hostile compared to their predecessors is hilarious at best.

• Cool 4

[LO1]
Alpha Tester
1,402 posts
4,779 battles
2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Strafing was removed in T4 & 5.

Besides, instead of losing everything to strafing now a :etc_swear: CV simply gets annihilated even by the most minuscule of AA.

And with the loss of auto drops :etc_swear: CV players miss every attack they actually get through as well.

Attempting to characterize reworked CVs as noob friendly when they are actually more hostile compared to their predecessors is hilarious at best.

Yes and all it did was make it harder for players to learn how to drop and avoid drops tell later tiers.

Noob Friendly maybe not, but its a lot better than before .

And the AA thing ... well i am sure WGing will fix invis AA.  and the only other thing i think needs a little fix is rockets.

And i said before its the same sort of problem... better CV players side will have the better advantage than other ship classes.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,519 posts
15,243 battles
49 minutes ago, Tugnut said:

Noob Friendly maybe not, but its a lot better than before .

A contradiction in itself.

[RO-RN]
Players
484 posts
6,291 battles

This is what you get for sitting in the back and farming damage with no REAL counters! also they wont buff them without nerfing something else. Make them like battle stations pacific, make them a true hard class to master, a class that needs to support its team maters but also deal damage to the enemies when possible not this sit at A1 and farm damage where i can! 

Overall the game has bigger problems than CVS right now! we need more maps, nations that have premiums for years but have not gotten a tech tree line( italy, poland,commowealth), new game modes, new content, and RESPECT for the guys that buy you bread. You also have to buff and nerf some ships( i hope after this ranked season you got enough data for the kitakaze and its bigger brother, not to say that they made the entire soviet dds obsolete with the exception being grozovoi and maybe udaloi!)

The best thing this game has to offer right now is that we do not have premium ammo! 

Players
4,085 posts
6,789 battles
11 hours ago, quickr said:

Most players forget/ignore this fact when talking about balance.

No no. They dont forget or ignore that. They are very well aware of it. But they want to have their cake and eat it...

2 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

i hope after this ranked season you got enough data for the kitakaze and its bigger brother, not to say that they made the entire soviet dds obsolete with the exception being grozovoi and maybe udaloi!)

The forgot about T10 DDs. I dont have much hope anymore. Have you seen the last server stats? Its an eye-opener. Nobody plays YY, Khaba, Z-52. We have hords of braindead shimas tho.